+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you need help!!

Hector02

Apr 18, 2018
Hi , I am from Mexico and my study permit has been approved, my wife is coming with me as well, she already has a visitor visa, so i just have a couple of questions.
First one, my wife is currently applying for the a work open permit, one of the requirements of the application is to show a marriage certificate, we got one but it is in Spanish since we are latinos so Do we have to translate the marriage certificate with a special organization or company?

Second, As i told you my wife has her visitor visa but i am not sure if she needs a special visa to come with me during my studies do you know if she needs? if yes what is the type of visa she needs?

Also some feedback about the what i need for the interview with the border officer would be great :D

In advanced thank you for you time

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
For your first question, yes you need to translate your Spanish marriage certificate into English which should be notarize or an official translation document

For the second question, she can't work with a visitor visa while she accompany you. For her to be able to work and take care of certain expenses during your study, you have to apply for a TRV and then an SOWP. That shouldn't be a problem as you can apply within Canada

Hector02

Apr 18, 2018
For your first question, yes you need to translate your Spanish marriage certificate into English which should be notarize or an official translation document

For the second question, she can't work with a visitor visa while she accompany you. For her to be able to work and take care of certain expenses during your study, you have to apply for a TRV and then an SOWP. That shouldn't be a problem as you can apply within Canada
TRV means temporary resident visa right but what does SOWP mean? Hahaha sorry for my bad english
Thank you for your answers

Linzo

Feb 17, 2018
Please I want to know if Jan intake is eligible for summer break. I applied to start in Jan 2019. When is the long break period for Jan intake?

ubedshareef

May 10, 2018
Hello,

I am on PGWP and my wife on open work permit and my 5 years old daughter is on visitor status which is valid till June 2019. Now we have travel plan to India for a month and confused about my daughter visa status. As we have to apply TRV to get the visa sticker on passport to return to Canada but what to do with my daughter status. How do i get visa sticker for my daughter within Canada as she has visit status or what are the visa options available for my daughter to travel.

Help is appreciated !!!

Thanks
UBED SHAREEF

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,

I am on PGWP and my wife on open work permit and my 5 years old daughter is on visitor status which is valid till June 2019. Now we have travel plan to India for a month and confused about my daughter visa status. As we have to apply TRV to get the visa sticker on passport to return to Canada but what to do with my daughter status. How do i get visa sticker for my daughter within Canada as she has visit status or what are the visa options available for my daughter to travel.

Help is appreciated !!!

Thanks
UBED SHAREEF
Has she not been schooling all this while in Canada or she's been home schooling?

Is either you try to apply for a TRV for her or apply to extend her Visiting visa before leaving Canada

ubedshareef

May 10, 2018
Has she not been schooling all this while in Canada or she's been home schooling?

Is either you try to apply for a TRV for her or apply to extend her Visiting visa before leaving Canada

She has been going to preschool and going to start kindergarden coming september 2018. I try to include her in my TRV application but i am not getting TRV option except visit extension and same thing for my spouse too.

do i have to file seperate application or continue with the visit status.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Its better you file a separate application as this will make her enjoy certain benefits like free schooling, re-entry etc unlike the visit visa

I thought you said your wife is already on SOWP?

I stand corrected if am wrong, are children allowed to school on visiting visa? I don't really think so except they were birthed there

..you should confirm

ubedshareef

May 10, 2018
Its better you file a separate application as this will make her enjoy certain benefits like free schooling, re-entry etc unlike the visit visa

I thought you said your wife is already on SOWP?

I stand corrected if am wrong, are children allowed to school on visiting visa? I don't really think so except they were birthed there

..you should confirm

As she is minor , so cannot apply as the principal applicant. As far the studies are concerned , she was allowed to study because of the valid legal status. i spoke to cic they said study permit doesn't help and should apply TRV through paper application.

can u please tell me 5257 and 5708 are the correct forms to submit for TRV.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
As she is minor , so cannot apply as the principal applicant. As far the studies are concerned , she was allowed to study because of the valid legal status. i spoke to cic they said study permit doesn't help and should apply TRV through paper application.

can u please tell me 5257 and 5708 are the correct forms to submit for TRV.
5257 is the correct form, verify here
https://www.immigrationdirect.ca/cic-forms.jsp

Lovely786786

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Hello friends,

My profile
10th - 82%
+2 - 86%
B.com (2017) - 62.2%
Ielts bands overall 6.5(L-7.5,R-7,W-5.5,S-6.5)
I am from India and I am planning to apply visa for international business management
Is there any chance to get refusal?
Please help me
Thanks.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello friends,

My profile
10th - 82%
+2 - 86%
B.com (2017) - 62.2%
I am from India and I am planning to apply visa for international business management
Please help me
Thanks.
Hello friends,

My profile
10th - 82%
+2 - 86%
B.com (2017) - 62.2%
Please help me
Thanks.
your profile seems good but outside academicals, there are other things like also having an impressive application to get an approval

are you applying to a college or university?