+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC processing times 2013

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
simonvee said:
I asked back because....you got me doubting my submission earlier on :D
I'm thinking you wouldnt get logged through if you put in the wrong code you would not be logged through and wouldn't recieve the confirmation letter (electronic)
You will receive your LOI directly from CIC not from IEC. IEC will only sent you a 'welcome to IEC' letter once
your work permit gets approved by CIC.
So as long as CIC has your email address you're all set.

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
So many applicants (UK, France, Australia, Germany etc) this year, I hope the CIC is doing ok processing the stage 2 applications.
Do you know which department of CIC process this information? I feel like calling them up.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
simonvee said:
So many applicants (UK, France, Australia, Germany etc) this year, I hope the CIC is doing ok processing the stage 2 applications.
Do you know which department of CIC process this information? I feel like calling them up.
No, I have no idea which department it is. But message me if you figure it out.

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
simonvee said:
I feel like they don't want to talk to anyone LOL. Not even the call centre.

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
2 years ago I got the LOI straight from IEC and didn't have to do stage 2. Was it the same for you guys?

In my opinion the CIC was very friendly on the phone, I had no problems with them but the problem was that they told me they do not deal with IEC applications, the IEC office of our countries were. In contrast, the IEC in my country says they don't deal with stage 2, the CIC does. It appears this process is new and not many staff know about it. Correspondingly, another issue crossed my mind. I hope when we submit the online application, it gets transferred to the correct department.

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
simonvee said:
In my opinion the CIC was very friendly on the phone, I had no problems with them but the problem was that they told me they do not deal with IEC applications, the IEC office of our countries were. In contrast, the IEC in my country says they don't deal with stage 2, the CIC does. It appears this process is new and not many staff know about it. Correspondingly, another issue crossed my mind. I hope when we submit the online application, it gets transferred to the correct department.
I am thinking that maybe working all of this out is what caused the delay in the first place, so hopefully things will go smoothly..

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
simonvee said:
2 years ago I got the LOI straight from IEC and didn't have to do stage 2. Was it the same for you guys?

It has always been processed by CIC. You sent your application package to IEC, they assessed it according to the IEC criteria
and then forwarded it to CIC, LOI back to IEC and they emailed you.
And your/our application(s) will be forwarded to the department which is processing work permits. And CIC doesn't care if it's an
IEC application or not, your conditional acceptance letter indicates you as an IEC participant and the rest of the process is
a normal application process for a work permit in Canada.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Heard back from someone who actually got the LOI today. So CIC is working on the applications.
Application was submitted Feb 11th, LOI received Mar 4th.
Hope I'll get mine too. And hopefully soon! :)

OC

Feb 11, 2013
iam_toby said:
Heard back from someone who actually got the LOI today. So CIC is working on the applications.
Application was submitted Feb 11th, LOI received Mar 4th.
Hope I'll get mine too. And hopefully soon! :)
Eeep what country are they from? I'm from Australia (but currently residing in Canada). I submitted Stage One on January 29, got my Conditional Acceptance letter on February 11 and submitted Stage Two on February 15. Still waiting to hear back. Even though it hasn't been the eight weeks all up I'm still stressing. Hahaha

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
OC said:
Eeep what country are they from? I'm from Australia (but currently residing in Canada). I submitted Stage One on January 29, got my Conditional Acceptance letter on February 11 and submitted Stage Two on February 15. Still waiting to hear back. Even though it hasn't been the eight weeks all up I'm still stressing. Hahaha
Germany, currently residing in Canada as well. Same setup for me, but I haven't heard a thing from CIC. I'm totally stressed out. ;D

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Guys, anything new? Anyone?
Processing times got updated last night.
As of yesterday ( March 6th ) the average processing time to approve or refuse 80% of the applications
is 27 days. They're working on applications submitted Feb 8th right now.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
Nothing here yet :( . I am constantly checking this post to see if anyone has any updates on their process. Ill definitely update as soon as I hear anything. So you guys all better too hahaha.

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from Greece they have accept that I have paid . 2 week on hold and nothing have happend.