+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC processing times 2013

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
3 or 4 days from the time you submitted your 1295E and other documents online till you got your LOI??? That's really really quick.
I submitted mine a week before yours, but I'm from Australia. So I'm thinking there's difference CIC branches that process for different countries

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
simonvee said:
3 or 4 days from the time you submitted your 1295E and other documents online till you got your LOI??? That's really really quick.
I submitted mine a week before yours, but I'm from Australia. So I'm thinking there's difference CIC branches that process for different countries
Sorry I meant my conditional acceptance. Bit stressed out and all over the place right now.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
Do the MyCic application submission is the one that takes the longest amount of time it seems then right?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Do the MyCic application submission is the one that takes the longest amount of time it seems then right?
Yes and No. In some countries stage 1 takes quite a while too. But it shouldn't exceed the 8 weeks from
the time you submit your IEC application until you receive the LOI from CIC.

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
With regards to the 3 categories 1) Working Holiday 2) Young Professional and 3) Internship, I understand the differences (ie. requirements) between them.

What I don't understand is what advantages it would provide by choosing one over the other. For example, let's just say you have a job here in Canada, you can apply for both the WHV and the young professional visa. I have a job but I'm applying for the WHV. Less paperwork to submit and at the same time if I am made redundant I still have an open work permit. Why would I want to choose the young professional? What advantage does that give me? Likewise, the same applies with the internship. Why not just choose working holiday visa for all instances.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
simonvee said:
With regards to the 3 categories 1) Working Holiday 2) Young Professional and 3) Internship, I understand the differences (ie. requirements) between them.

What I don't understand is what advantages it would provide by choosing one over the other. For example, let's just say you have a job here in Canada, you can apply for both the WHV and the young professional visa. I have a job but I'm applying for the WHV. Less paperwork to submit and at the same time if I am made redundant I still have an open work permit. Why would I want to choose the young professional? What advantage does that give me? Likewise, the same applies with the internship. Why not just choose working holiday visa for all instances.
You can apply for IEC visa twice, so if you have a job lined up it doesnt matter. But if you come to Canada without a job,
to travel and work all over the place, you might wanna apply for the WHP, and in case you find a job you like and want to extend
your stay in Canada you then can apply for the Young Prof. one.
Having said all that, if you have a job, it doesn't matter.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Which file number did you guys put into your IEC account after submitting the application to CIC?
The one starting with W3004*****?

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
I asked back because....you got me doubting my submission earlier on :D
I'm thinking you wouldnt get logged through if you put in the wrong code you would not be logged through and wouldn't recieve the confirmation letter (electronic)

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Tobey, about what you said:

You can apply for IEC visa twice, so if you have a job lined up it doesnt matter. But if you come to Canada without a job,
to travel and work all over the place, you might wanna apply for the WHP, and in case you find a job you like and want to extend
your stay in Canada
you then can apply for the Young Prof. one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't extend an IEC application, you can only renew it.
Given that, I still dont see why anyone should apply for the young professional category. Doesnt make sense as to why they have that option in the first place

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
simonvee said:
Tobey, about what you said:

your stay in Canada
you then can apply for the Young Prof. one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't extend an IEC application, you can only renew it.
Given that, I still dont see why anyone should apply for the young professional category. Doesnt make sense as to why they have that option in the first place
Extend your stay not work permit. :)
You're right, you can't extend an IEC work permit but you can apply again under a different
program. So if you come to Canada on a working holiday visa, find a job and want to stay and work for
that employer for another year, then you can apply under the young professionals program.