Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
beholder69 said:
My YP got rejected because they said there was no link to my resume/studies, although I wrote an explanation letter and described in detail how the job offer was linked to both my degree and work experience. Depends on who reviews your application I guess...
Just as with any other application process....logic does not always apply LOL ;D

SunnySunday

Sep 30, 2014
I'm under the young professional visa from Sweden. I'm confused about my relation to my employer. Everywhere I read that my work permit is tied to my employer. But when I got my permit issued at the border I was told by the immigration officer that my work permit is open. What does this mean? I was convinced my permit was open and I was free to change my employer at anytime, but other sources says different.

In my work permit papers my employer's name is stated, under it saying Bonded: NO. Does this mean that i'm not tied to my employer??

under employer location it's stated unknown. Help highly appreciated.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Interesting...

Just checked my visa and it also says "BONDED: NO", whereas it generally states that the YP visa is a closed work permit. Awkward... ::)

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
SunnySunday said:
I'm under the young professional visa from Sweden. I'm confused about my relation to my employer. Everywhere I read that my work permit is tied to my employer. But when I got my permit issued at the border I was told by the immigration officer that my work permit is open. What does this mean? I was convinced my permit was open and I was free to change my employer at anytime, but other sources says different.

In my work permit papers my employer's name is stated, under it saying Bonded: NO. Does this mean that i'm not tied to my employer??

If that's the case, then open work permit has been issued to you. It happens that CBSA officers don't distinct YP from WH and issue open WP. You are lucky!

Oct 1, 2014
meeeee said:
Hi,
I am an Australian living in Canada on a 2 year IEC WHP visa. My visa expires January 19 2015 and according to everywhere I read, I can only reapply for a new IEC visa no more than 12 weeks before my current expires.
The Australian quota for these visas is getting low and statistically will all be gone by the time 12 weeks before expiry comes around.
Does anyone know any way around this? Is there a way I can secure a place? I really don't want to lose my job and everything here in Canada.
Thanks.

Hi I'm Australian and just filled in the first part of the application but I was also put on the waiting list. I too read that there was no quota for Australians so am confused. Does anyone know anything about this?

wurgi

Sep 29, 2014
Hey guys! I have a couple of quick questions, hopefully someone can help me out. I'm Swiss current living in Switzerland, but I have been working in Canada before under the Post-Grad Working Visa. I have left 14 months ago as my working visa expired and back then I didn't intend to renew it.

I would now like to continue my professional career in Canada, and I found out about the "IEC - Young Professional" program, which still shows 30 spots open.

- Based on my previous history in Canada, am I likely to be rejected or, if I do meet all the requirements (job lined up related to my field of expertise, Swiss resident,...), I can still be counted in?

- How long does the entire process take, from the day the applicant submits the application to the moment he is eligible to start working?

Thank you!

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
SunnySunday said:

Bonded is basically a legal term and is regards to security clearance, many jobs need you to be bondable and you're not. It has nothing to do with whether you have an open work permit or not. I have to be bondable for my work as I'm in accounting.

Below the Bonded line it should have a line for Employer, I had a look at my IEC open work permit and it has '9999' in that line. What does yours have? And what does it have for 'Occupation' and 'Emp Loc'? My last IEC was in 2012 so I figure it can't have changed format by much...

Tbh if you have an YP work permit that is closed, I wouldn't want to try to fool around and find another work place even if your work permit is accidentally open.

Phteve

Sep 24, 2014
Aquamarine, I'm curious about the waiting list. Are you talking about the stage 1 conditional acceptance letter where you are deemed eligible to apply to CIC? Do they make you wait for an indeterminate amount of time before you can proceed to CIC for the Letter of introduction?

AnneN

Oct 5, 2014
Hi all,

First time poster and apologies if this has been answered in the thread.
I did go back a fair few pages but unfortunately haven't found my answer.

I am currently an Australian resident and have recently applied and received my conditional acceptance letter via iec.
However it says that conditional acceptance letters are only valid for 15 days which I don't think my police check would arrive in time.
Does anyone know a way around or if this can be extended? Or would I just have to apply via kompass again

Riz184

Oct 15, 2014
MickeyS said:
Hi

I'm Australian and currently applying for my third visa under the IEC program.

My current visa expires in 12 weeks, so I just created my Kompass account and submitted my application. I received a response straight away stating that - my application has been received after the quota has been met and I have been put on the waiting list.

When I look at the IEC site for Australian citizens it states that there is still 2,400 applications remaining until the quota is met (updated only 4 days ago on the 15th Aug), and when I look at the quota FAQ it says that there is no quota for Australian applicants in 2014. So there is some real inconsistent information on the official IEC website.

Have any other Australian applicants been put on the waiting list?
Hi, just wondering what happened with this?

I'm from NZ and just applied. Received a letter stating that the quota was full and I'm on the waiting list. However, on the website (updated as of yesterday) it says there are still 494 places left. Weird.

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
Same thing happened to me from Germany...there where like 200 left and I got on the waiting list. Their updates can't be that accurate really! No much you can do about it though...But I wasn't on the waiting list too long so fingers crossed for you!

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
AnneN said:
Hi all,

First time poster and apologies if this has been answered in the thread.
I did go back a fair few pages but unfortunately haven't found my answer.

I am currently an Australian resident and have recently applied and received my conditional acceptance letter via iec.
However it says that conditional acceptance letters are only valid for 15 days which I don't think my police check would arrive in time.
Does anyone know a way around or if this can be extended? Or would I just have to apply via kompass again
Hey Anne, does it really say 15 days only? Thats so weird, never heard that before. On mine it said the exact date and that was like almost 3 month from the date I got the letter...

Phteve

Sep 24, 2014
The 15 day thing is new since august this year
As for the quota... who knows how it works. I applied for conditional acceptance last week, when the quota on the website was stating 6 hundred and something left. I immediately got a notice stating that the quota was complete and I am placed on the waiting list, then 24 hours later I got a notice that a space on the waiting list had become available and to submit my further documents.

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
Does anyone know if I would be able to do say a Bar tending course in Canada? I am currently here on an IEC Visa but technically the conditions say i am not allowed to partake in any educational institution and taking any academic, professional or vocational training course. Any help would be gret thanks! :)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tclinton said:
Does anyone know if I would be able to do say a Bar tending course in Canada? I am currently here on an IEC Visa but technically the conditions say i am not allowed to partake in any educational institution and taking any academic, professional or vocational training course. Any help would be gret thanks! :)
The question you have to ask yourself is, how is the IEC/Government/CIC possibly going to find out you are taking that course?

Answer = they are not.