+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

flyinsoup

Sep 2, 2014
I'm really hoping that someone on here can help with some advice, as the IEC people seem incredibly slow. I submitted the first part of my application to IEC on July 10th and the next day got an opportunity too good to pass up and was then away from the internet for one month. When I logged back in I found that it had been accepted but was already past the due date which was about 10 days after acceptance. Nowhere did I read that. Anyway I sent IEC a message asking what I should do on 8/8. They didn't reply so I sent another on 15/8. Still no reply so I tried another on 26/8 with subject "URGENT". I also figured out for myself that the best thing to do would be to withdraw my application which I did after sending the message on 15/8. They still haven't withdrawn it. This is ridiculous; all they have to do is withdraw my application so I can get on with it, but I don't hear anything from them. Is there anything at all I can do?

Thanks.

Ben2014

Sep 2, 2014
Dear fellow IEC participants and aspiring immigrants,

I was hoping someone in the community could share experiences with regards to obtaining an IEC Young Professionals visa/WP right out of a working holiday stay. Waiting for PR, I have to fill the gap between expiring Working Holiday and processed PR application, staying employed at the same place. I have come across several helpful posts about how it is possible to do this from Canada, and about how to fill out the forms:

yulye said:
It works especially well for you, because you already have a job and I'm sure your employer would be willing to write you a formal "offer." On the letter we sent, we had my partner's employer state that he had already been working there for 1 year already under the Working Holiday program, and that they wished to employ him for 12 months further with the Young Professional visa.
What I hope to find is a little more information in addition to this 2010 post, concisely:

1. Would it be legit to submit a job offer for 1 year (like the one in the quote), even though the actual contact is permanent?

2. Would there be anything speaking against dating this 1 year in the to-be-submitted job offer from expiry date of the Working Holiday (or minimal overlap for the flagpoling), even though I'm already working with the same employer.

3. How did you guys stay employed while switching from Working Holiday to Young Professionals?

A million thanks in advance! Looking forward to share my experiences along my immigration process.

Ben

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
iam_toby said:
I know, right? People keep telling me that... Haha, just kidding. Glad I could help.

No, for my Working Holiday visa and the Young Professional visa, I did not get the PCCs translated, since it wasn't asked
for by CIC, but this might've changed for this years program. So I recommend reading the instructions carefully and check
if you need a translated version or not.

One thing's for sure, I applied for my PCC from outside Germany ( I was in Canada at the time ), had my Canadian address
on the PCC and still got the visa, so no, that's not a problem. The only time during the application process I said I was living
in Germany, was the little wizard on the CIC website which takes you to the right application for the visa, in which I had to
say I was from Germany or else the application for an IEC visa wouldn't come up.

But on all forms, etc, I provided my Canadian address.

Hope this helps and didn't confuse you more,

T.

Lass mich wissen wenn du mehr hilfe brauchen solltest.

I was just about to harass you again: but you re saying here that you put your canadian address everywhere (but the wizard) - so just to double check:

IMM1295
Country of residence: Germany
Country where applying: Germany
Current Mailing address: Canadian Address
Residential address: Canadian Address

Correct?

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Resa said:
I was just about to harass you again: but you re saying here that you put your canadian address everywhere (but the wizard) - so just to double check:

IMM1295
Country of residence: Germany
Country where applying: Germany
Current Mailing address: Canadian Address
Residential address: Canadian Address

Correct?
Country of residence: Germany - Residential address: Canada -- wouldn't that be sort of contradictory, though? I'm confused. :-X

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
Marlee said:
Country of residence: Germany - Residential address: Canada -- wouldn't that be sort of contradictory, though? I'm confused. :-X
Yeah I am confused too :( But maybe someone can tell us what they put in and what worked for them....??

Pretty Please!

Oh and also:

1. My Job Agreement (the one I used for the first step IEC) originally says sarting date September 1st. Since that didnt work out, will I need a new one for October 1st? Was anyone in the same situation?

2. Did you use the same CV/Resume than in the first step? The one required by the IEC was a very simple one - I wonder if this one needs more info...(and again: German Address or Canadian one...?)

3. IMM5707: Present addresse? Germany or Canada

I know its a lot but I am so thankful for your help!

starbuck

Sep 15, 2011
I need some help guys My case :

I am an irish citizen in canada from 2012. I came here on a spousal visa and have been here since then. I acquired a work permit via my spouse. Now my spouse visa comes to an end in 2014 Nov and the company would not renew her visa.

Can i apply for irish young professional visa ? I can ask my employer to give me a letter and they shall be happy to give one ? I see that 2014 young professional for irish is till open. Can i apply for that ? I am below 35 years ??

Also do i need to be in ireland to apply or can i apply from Canada itself ?

Your help would be valuable.

thanks
*$

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
Yea, you should be good to go for the young professional work permit.

Though I imagine that if you qualify for the YP work permit that you're in a position classified as skilled, have you put much thought into obtaining PR?

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello Friends,

Actually I have an offer for the work in Canada and I am member of AIESEC so I applied for the temporary work permit through Mycic under International Experience Canada. I am still waiting to hear from the gov. I have a question actually I am confusing about the processing time of my application. I have two points which I would to you ask you to clear please.

I applied for the: Temporary Foreign Workers (visitor's visa required)
About the visitor visa processing time is: 50 days
Temporary Work Permit processing time: 6 Months

I am confusing because which processing time will be applied for my application ? I applied for work but to get temporary work permit from the Pakistan its required visitor visa. Its really interesting question but its really most important for me.

Waiting for your response.

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
This Kompass account is getting very frustrating. I don't think anyone works there anymore! I submitted and withdrew an application on July 31. My account is still locked so I cannot resubmit ANY application now until they unlock it and allow me to make changes. It has been 5 weeks without a single response from them. I have sent 2 urgent emails and still nothing! More and more spots are filling up on the other programs while they don't respond to my question to unlock my account. And there is nobody to call. I am tempted to set up a new email account and set up a new profile in order to send a new application in. :mad: :mad: :mad:

T.O.

Jul 10, 2014
Hi Resa,

I got it ;) Received the POE Introduction Letter some weeks ago.

1. IMM1295 - only your address of citizenship - even in the "Come to Canada Wizard" when they ask you: "Current Country of Residence? If you're presently in Canada, you should select Canada" - Country of Citizenship ( because you're applying for a "Work Permit made outside of Canada") - excluded is Employment History and where you will be working in the future - in this case you can use Canadian addresses.

Country of residence: GERMANY
Country where applying from: GERMANY
Current Mailing address: GERMANY
Residential address: GERMANY (OR SAME AS CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS)

2. YOU CAN CHOOSE WHATEVER YOU WANT. MY EXTENSION CONTRACT STARTED DURING MY RECENT WORK PERMIT AND IS BEING CONTINUED WITH MY NEW WP

3. USED A PROFESSIONAL RESUME TO SHOW OFF MY CREDENTIALS

4. IMM5707: Present address: GERMANY

Good luck!!! ;)

T.O.

Jul 10, 2014
Onemoretime,

They are slow but they have a high demand of people all over the world. They told me I would get assesed within 14 days - it took 1.5 months. You have to accept this.

If you have withdrawn your application and is has not been updated yet, why aren't you smart enough to create an all new account with a new email address and submit everything again - I had 4 Kompass accounts.

It's so easy - don't limit yourself to just 1 account...

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
T.O. said:
Onemoretime,

They are slow but they have a high demand of people all over the world. They told me I would get assesed within 14 days - it took 1.5 months. You have to accept this.

If you have withdrawn your application and is has not been updated yet, why aren't you smart enough to create an all new account with a new email address and submit everything again - I had 4 Kompass accounts.

It's so easy - don't limit yourself to just 1 account...
Thanks for the update...just wasn't sure if I should create another account or not in case they match the names together. Thanks for the tip!!! Much appreciated.

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
So I managed to open a new account with a different email. I applied under the Young Professionals program. I have a question regarding the work permit that is issued. If you are under a working holiday permit, you are open to take any employment. If you are on the Young Professionals program, the employer is stated on your work permit. You are only allowed to work for that employer! So what happens if you are let go, or laid off?? Are you required to leave the country or can you try and get work at another place until your permit expires?? Seems rather drastic if you are let go for reasons beyond your control that you have to leave the country! And it would be a seriously bad thing to have your employer hang over your head if you know what I mean. Any thoughts on this?

T.O.

Jul 10, 2014
You're very welcome Onemoretime :)

By the way - in case you didn't know - no matter how many accounts you have w/ IEC - once one account is being approved - all other will be rejected/declined but with NO consequences.

Glad to hear you managed to open another account ;)

So if you get laid off - you're litterally fucked. You can stay in Canada as long as your work permit remains valid - you're just not allowed to work for anybody else - or you work under the table.

However, depending in whatever company you work for - the only chance you have is to change your department and to execute a different job in the same company. Good luck on that!

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
T.O. said:
You're very welcome Onemoretime :)

By the way - in case you didn't know - no matter how many accounts you have w/ IEC - once one account is being approved - all other will be rejected/declined but with NO consequences.

Glad to hear you managed to open another account ;)

So if you get laid off - you're litterally *censored word*ed. You can stay in Canada as long as your work permit remains valid - you're just not allowed to work for anybody else - or you work under the table.

However, depending in whatever company you work for - the only chance you have is to change your department and to execute a different job in the same company. Good luck on that!
Thanks again for the comments. My situation is a bit more complex. Have a post study work permit expiring in March. Sponsorship application is submitted and hoping it gets approved before March to get PR. Have the employment contract and don't want to give it up in March in case sponsorship is delayed past that point (fingers crossed). However, in mean time, I thought I would do IEC as I qualify and get the 12 months which would take it to Sept 2015 which is plenty of time for sponsorship PR. So, I'm just juggling balls here to make sure I can keep working and not have to leave the job I got the contract for.

I assume I can always either take or ignore this application/work permit as young professional, and come January 2015, apply for working holiday when the program opens up again. There isn't a mad rush for my country, so I should be able to get it without a problem in January and it won't tie me to a particular job (again assuming I don't have sponsorship approval by then either).