+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

starbuck

Sep 15, 2011
I just want to check that if you apply for a young professional category are you bound to the Employer ? i heard that you can work for any employer is that not correct ?

thanks
*$

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
starbuck said:
I just want to check that if you apply for a young professional category are you bound to the Employer ? i heard that you can work for any employer is that not correct ?

thanks
*$
You are bound to the employer unfortunately.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/baltic_states-pays_baltes/experience_canada_experience/arrival-Canada-arrivee.aspx

•If you are in the Working Holiday category, your work permit should:◦show a validity period of up to for the duration of your expected stay starting from the date you enter Canada
◦indicate "open" employer and "open" employment location. This means you can work for any employer, anywhere in Canada. There is no restriction on how long you can work, or how many hours you can work, as long as your work permit is valid.

•If you are in the Young Professionals or the International Co-op (Internship) categories, your work permit will indicate the name of your employer and the location of your pre-arranged employment, work placement or internship. This means that you can work only for the employer specified in your POE Letter of Introduction

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
T.O. said:
Hi Resa,

I got it ;) Received the POE Introduction Letter some weeks ago.

1. IMM1295 - only your address of citizenship - even in the "Come to Canada Wizard" when they ask you: "Current Country of Residence? If you're presently in Canada, you should select Canada" - Country of Citizenship ( because you're applying for a "Work Permit made outside of Canada") - excluded is Employment History and where you will be working in the future - in this case you can use Canadian addresses.

Country of residence: GERMANY
Country where applying from: GERMANY
Current Mailing address: GERMANY
Residential address: GERMANY (OR SAME AS CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS)

2. YOU CAN CHOOSE WHATEVER YOU WANT. MY EXTENSION CONTRACT STARTED DURING MY RECENT WORK PERMIT AND IS BEING CONTINUED WITH MY NEW WP

3. USED A PROFESSIONAL RESUME TO SHOW OFF MY CREDENTIALS

4. IMM5707: Present address: GERMANY

Good luck!!! ;)
Thanks so much for this! That helps. The only thing worrying me a little is that, I on my Police Certificate it says may Canadian address, since they send it to me...
So as soon as I provide an email address, nothing important is going to get send to me via Mail right? I don't have to worry about them sending documents to Germany right?

T.O.

Jul 10, 2014
You're welcome.

I got my original adress on it because my mother requested it for me. She had scanned it and had sent it over by email and I simply uploaded it. All in less than 4 days.
I just hope for you that they don't care and accept you - but not sure myself tho.

If you mean "they" you're relating to CIC? As soon as you have an account with them, they will only send you messages directly into your account and an email notification that you have received something from them. That's it. I believe only in extreme cases they would send anything by post.

Take care!

walid-lid

Jun 20, 2013
Hi,

I am an Italian citizen currently in Ottawa on study permit, it will expire soon.
I heard about the IEC [international experience canada] lately ! and I want to apply for it.
So i've created my kompass account and filled all sections and uploaded document , EXCEPT one, the fourth section " 4. IEC CATEGORY"

I can't complete it, because it shows nothing to click on !

please someone can tell me what to do !?

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
There is only one option for Italian citizens and that is the Working Holiday Visa. The quota is 0 right now though, meaning that all spots are taken for 2014. The application process for 2015 usually starts in the beginning of the year, which means you have to check the IEC homepage regularly for updates. Once it starts, you need to be quick. Usually all spots are taken within a couple of hours!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/italy-italie/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

Noobish1

Sep 12, 2014
I asked this in a separate topic because I didn't realise there was a topic specifically for IEC, oops.

Anyway, i'm from New Zealand and i'm looking to apply for a working holiday visa.

The company I currently work for would most likely let me work remotely for the duration of my working holiday, is this allowed? or do I have to find work in Canada?

T.O.

Jul 10, 2014
Hi Noobish1,

if you apply for an open work permit, called "Working Holiday" then you can do whatever you want. So yes, it is allowed. No you don't need a job. It gives you the chance to work for any company in Canada, you can have 2 or more jobs - it's super flexible... Though you have to tell the Canadian Government about your income should you file your taxes ;)

Cheers

meeeee

Sep 21, 2014
Hi,
I am an Australian living in Canada on a 2 year IEC WHP visa. My visa expires January 19 2015 and according to everywhere I read, I can only reapply for a new IEC visa no more than 12 weeks before my current expires.
The Australian quota for these visas is getting low and statistically will all be gone by the time 12 weeks before expiry comes around.
Does anyone know any way around this? Is there a way I can secure a place? I really don’t want to lose my job and everything here in Canada.
Thanks.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
If you already have a job, why don't you apply for the YP visa? Right now there are still 66 out of 100 left. ;)

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Marlee said:
If you already have a job, why don't you apply for the YP visa? Right now there are still 66 out of 100 left. ;)
I suppose some people don't want to be tied to the one employer. Certainly a risk to consider if you may lose your job, get layed off, downsized, etc. Then you are in a pickle!

But I guess if you have no choice, then it is an option.

Phteve

Sep 24, 2014
Meee, I have the same situation as you, according to the 12 week rule I can only reapply after October 16th and I am worried that the quota will be filled by then. However I have noticed that in the IEC FAQ page it mentions that there is "no limit on the quota for 2014". I dont know if we should count on that though!

I'm also curious about the YP class because it seems the 100 quota is not filling very quickly at all, what do they consider to be a profession? Would skilled trades qualify?

meeeee

Sep 21, 2014
Thanks so much. I guess if it is full by then I'll try for YP.
I think not many places are taken as it has the same prerequisites only difference is that you are locked in for YP. As the WHP is still currently open, I'd say YPs would be going for WHP as they aren't locked in. Once WHP closes I'm sure the the YP will have more applications.
I guess it just has to be a job related to your training. I'm sure trades are fine for that. I'm a primary/elementary trained teacher and after doing retail over here just now got a year contract at an early education place (3 year olds) so hopefully that qualifies....
It says in the FAQ no quota but someone said something about that from before there was one and they haven't changed the FAQ. I emailed them a q asking about it about 3 months ago but never got a reply.
I will try the YP way as there is more chance of acceptance and I only need to wait until maybe April next yr before hopefully my PR comes through. Fingers crossed! Good luck to you too! Hate the stress if it all.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Oh, don't worry about the occupation. I have a degree in nursing and in cinema and got approved as a translator/proofreader even though I have no post-secondary education related to linguistics. I worked at my company for a year before applying for the YP, hence already had work experience and that is all they care about. ;)

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Marlee said:
Oh, don't worry about the occupation. I have a degree in nursing and in cinema and got approved as a translator/proofreader even though I have no post-secondary education related to linguistics. I worked at my company for a year before applying for the YP, hence already had work experience and that is all they care about. ;)
My YP got rejected because they said there was no link to my resume/studies, although I wrote an explanation letter and described in detail how the job offer was linked to both my degree and work experience. Depends on who reviews your application I guess...