28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jamesdavid3 said:
The question you have to ask yourself is, how is the IEC/Government/CIC possibly going to find out you are taking that course?

Answer = they are not.
Bad and wrong answer.

Right answer = It's perfectly legal to take the bartending course. Yes, you're not allowed to take courses while on the IEC visa - however this only refers to courses that are longer than six months in duration (if you are studying full time). The bartending course is far shorter than six months. So it's perfectly legal to take while on an IEC. For courses longer than six months, schools require you to either be a Canadian or have a study permit. Schools report foreign student enrollment and status to CIC.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Ah jamesdavid once again encouraging people to do illegal things just because he is and hasn't been caught (yet).

+1 for scylla's advice. The bartending course should be fine provided it's shorter than 6 months. :) Have fun, happy pouring!

Voulpiotis

Nov 9, 2014
Hi there! :)

I am wondering what is the time limit between the acceptance of your work permit and entry in Canada? That's for a working holiday visa. I will apply once quota open with a Greek passport from the UK, but will not be able to travel before September 2015!

Your help will be hugely appreciated. Drinks in Toronto once I'm there!

All the best,

Konstantinos

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
You're better off starting your own thread than hijacking an old one.

zerg

Nov 26, 2014
hello guys,
i need some advice. in the 2.phase i accidentally upload the wrong IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter so my application was refused. and because my IEC letter already expired i probably need a new one. Is it correct, that i have to withdraw the current application in order to start a new one or is there another way of doing it?
withdrawing the application means beeing again on the waiting list and i would also need to send them an email so i get my first application fee back?

best

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
You're better off starting your own thread than hijacking an old one.

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Good evening,..my situation seems a bit complicated but hopefully somebody can clarify a couple of things for me.. I am on a closed work permit with LMO and have applied for AINP -EDS. Unfortunately, my company cannot provide me with another LMIA needed to extend my work permit while waiting for the answer from AINP. So, I thought of applying for Young Professionals just to keep working for the same employer.
So now I am faced with two problems at least:
1. Can I apply for YP while still on WP with LMO? Because it says that I need to be a resident of my own country while applying..
2. If I get the YP visa, should I just flagpole because my work at the company need to be uninterrupted while waiting for AINP..

Please advise... Thank you.

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
dunj said:
Good evening,..my situation seems a bit complicated but hopefully somebody can clarify a couple of things for me.. I am on a closed work permit with LMO and have applied for AINP -EDS. Unfortunately, my company cannot provide me with another LMIA needed to extend my work permit while waiting for the answer from AINP. So, I thought of applying for Young Professionals just to keep working for the same employer.
So now I am faced with two problems at least:
1. Can I apply for YP while still on WP with LMO? Because it says that I need to be a resident of my own country while applying..
2. If I get the YP visa, should I just flagpole because my work at the company need to be uninterrupted while waiting for AINP..

Please advise... Thank you.
Unfortunately some countries did not remove the requirement of needing to be a "resident" of your home country. So if you are currently in Canada working, you are not resident in your home country at the time of application. This was common in many of the countries, but has been removed in many. I am in the same boat. I expect my application to be rejected as I have been here on a 3 year PGWP which is expiring and no longer resident of my home country. And unfortunately, my home country still has the "resident" requirements...unlike Germany and UK which removed the criteria. So you are probably going to be out of luck with the IEC program.

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Yeah, my country has it too.."be a resident at the time of applying..." but still I know a couple of people that made it work.. I'll try and see.. thank you anyways...

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
But, Onemoretime, will you try to apply for YP anyways//? Maybe it will work, if you think about it, we're just temporary residents here.. my permit is expiring in June, and I doubt it that I'll get the Nomination by then.. Hope for the best, good luck to you too :)

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
dunj said:
But, Onemoretime, will you try to apply for YP anyways//? Maybe it will work, if you think about it, we're just temporary residents here.. my permit is expiring in June, and I doubt it that I'll get the Nomination by then.. Hope for the best, good luck to you too :)
Unfortunately I have to submit my application for temporary visa by early February as my current PGWP expires in early March. I will still try. I don't want to put in the incorrect address for residence as I don't want anything to possibly impact my current spousal PR sponsorship. I know many on here said to just put in the home country address, but I don't want to risk anything. Rather play it safe and get this PR over with (the second time around!!).

FK2014

Dec 10, 2014
Hi I am a bit desperated,

I opened an own topic but I would also like to aks here.

I have a working holiday visa (German) valid from 20.05.2014-20.05.2015 and I would like to extend my stay but change my visa status from working holiday to tourist. Because as a German citizen I should be able to stay as a tourist, if I can prove to pay my expenses. Is that right or wrong?

I applied to extend my stay.
But my problem, I can't upload document IMM5708E (Version 06/2014)
I gave the same answers in form IMM5708E as for the questions to create my document checklist.

After the form was valided, I have the last page with the barcode I tried to upload it.
I tried it with Fire Fox and got an error message "You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Error description Document is not a valid .pdf"

My Visa is valid from 2014-05-20 to 2015-05-20 and I would like to stay as a visitor from 2015-05-20 to 2015-09-30.
I gave this dates as my answers for the questions how long my visa is valid and how long I plan to stay in Canada.

I can find other people with the same problem in this forum but without any solution.

Please can someone help me this drives me crazy and I will fly to Haida Gwaii in some days. From there its near impossible without Wifi to fix this problem. With my first application for my IEC I had no problems and now...

Thank you so much for every advice!

LoisW

Jan 26, 2015
Hi All,

I just got refused due to my Conditional Letter of Acceptance being expired :( I have sent a message to IEC requesting a new letter. Has anybody else done this and received one? I've started a new application on MyCIC and attached everything again apart from the letter in the hope that they send a new one that is in date. I'm 35 so this is my last chance to get this visa. It's a bad system if I do not get it due to that letter being out of date when clearly it should not expire soo quick anyway.

Thanks.
Lois