+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
As we're getting closer to the opening of the 2014 IEC program, I'd like
to use this thread as a place for all questions concerning IEC applications, applicants,
requirements and whatnot.
Last years IEC program changes resulted in a bloody mess here and tons of opened
threads and maybe this year we can work with that one.

So if you have questions - ask away!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Basic information and participating countries can be found here: https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/
For everything else, ask away!

marcov

Sep 12, 2013
Hello there,

I am a first time user here, i am looking to apply for 2014 canada international experience. I will have many questions over the next few months but i guess the first one is how quick do I have to get the visa? will it be a case of really having to go for it on the first day that its released? I have a trade, is it open for people with trades?

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
marcov said:
Hello there,

I am a first time user here, i am looking to apply for 2014 canada international experience. I will have many questions over the next few months but i guess the first one is how quick do I have to get the visa? will it be a case of really having to go for it on the first day that its released? I have a trade, is it open for people with trades?
Hi marcov,

I would recommend that you visit the link above and read about eligibility and requirements depending on your country. Everything is written, and there is also FAQ section so I am sure you can find most, if not all, your answers there.

marcov

Sep 12, 2013
okay thanks, i have been on the site a few times, it has good information. I have a job offer from a employer in Canada, i know i could go the LMO route, its just i don't want to go until after christmas. I guess i am wondering also, once the visa is released when would I be able to work in Canada once I apply. I heard it can be as late as April is that right?n thanks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
marcov said:
okay thanks, i have been on the site a few times, it has good information. I have a job offer from a employer in Canada, i know i could go the LMO route, its just i don't want to go until after christmas. I guess i am wondering also, once the visa is released when would I be able to work in Canada once I apply. I heard it can be as late as April is that right?n thanks
Depends on when the 2014 program opens. I got my 2013 visa in under 50 days. Pretty fast.
But there's no guarantee. Apply as soon as the program opens and you'll be fine.
Also check the website now for required documents and have them ready for when they start accepting
applications.

marcov

Sep 12, 2013
cool thanks, when did the 2013 experience open? did you have race to get it? what company did you go with?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
marcov said:
cool thanks, when did the 2013 experience open? did you have race to get it? what company did you go with?
Depends on the country you're applying from. I applied in Germany and the program opened in like February, if I remember
that right. I got the visa mid March.
Check http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx and you'll see
details about your countries program ( program opening and quotas ).

marcov

Sep 12, 2013
okay i see, right it don't take as long i taught. I'm getting it from Ireland. I believe it should be open January and as long as I get in the first round I could get there pretty soon after christmas. Thanks for the info.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
marcov said:
okay i see, right it don't take as long i taught. I'm getting it from Ireland. I believe it should be open January and as long as I get in the first round I could get there pretty soon after christmas. Thanks for the info.
Ya, maybe sign up for email notifications if the Irish website offers it. That way you get
notified before they open the program and your chances of getting in are higher.
Or just check the website every other day for news.

mirzasafi052

Sep 12, 2013
Hello iam_tobby
Ive also applied for IEC work permit under a recognised body, in England,UK. Its been 7 weeks since stage 2 i.e submitting online on My Cic. You say you got the visa under 50 days. Could you please tell me how long was it before u got your passport request, if you got one or the LOI? Also Im really worried cuz whenever I call london offices they say they dont deal with IEC and online applications and on other hand CIC says only london can tell you about your application... Such a screwd up situation, everuthings so late already. Could you please share your time line or of anybody you know with recent IEC experience?
Many thanks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mirzasafi052 said:
Hello iam_tobby
Ive also applied for IEC work permit under a recognised body, in England,UK. Its been 7 weeks since stage 2 i.e submitting online on My Cic. You say you got the visa under 50 days. Could you please tell me how long was it before u got your passport request, if you got one or the LOI? Also Im really worried cuz whenever I call london offices they say they dont deal with IEC and online applications and on other hand CIC says only london can tell you about your application... Such a screwd up situation, everuthings so late already. Could you please share your time line or of anybody you know with recent IEC experience?
Many thanks
All you can do for now is wait. I got my visa fairly quick because I was one of the first applicants
to apply in 2013. I applied right after the program openend.
I had the same issue when calling CIC or the local office handling IEC applications. No one could really tell
where it's being processed or what the status is.

mirzasafi052

Sep 12, 2013
Thank you .. Thats rather relieving to hear about the same thing from other person. Do you reckon IEC applications take less time to be processed than other kinds of work permits? 18th september marks my 8 weeks. Im really really hoping I get the letter before the end of this september.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mirzasafi052 said:
Thank you .. Thats rather relieving to hear about the same thing from other person. Do you reckon IEC applications take less time to be processed than other kinds of work permits? 18th september marks my 8 weeks. Im really really hoping I get the letter before the end of this september.
I think to remember reading something on the IEC website that applications are usually
being processed within 8 weeks. From the time you apply on IEC website until you get issued your LOI.
Might be a little longer now with the strike going on, but over all it's a pretty fast process.