+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2013 Uploading

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Re: IEC 2013 Uploading and Fee Paying

spring76 said:
Hi Guys.. Again..

Would anyone be able to tell me why I can seem to fine the on line link to pay the visa fee. After all the hassle trying to upload the IMM 1295 application form, once I electronically signed it it didn't give me the option to pay the fees on line? It have given my the page tell me I have completed and submitted the application forms but nothing indicating to me how I pay for it!

Thanks.
You dont have to pay CIC for the visa, only the IEC participation fee.

spring76

Feb 15, 2013
Thanks so very much. I never knew that after yo pay the initial IEC participation fee that I wouldn't be asked for payment for the visa. There is that section of the document check list which had the fee area. I just assumed that i would need to make a payment of some sort there also?

Thanks for your help.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
spring76 said:
Thanks so very much. I never knew that after yo pay the initial IEC participation fee that I wouldn't be asked for payment for the visa. There is that section of the document check list which had the fee area. I just assumed that i would need to make a payment of some sort there also?

Thanks for your help.
Yes, on the MyCIC Checklist is a payment section for the VISA but it should say $0.

laudern

Feb 1, 2013
I have just uploaded the IMM1295E but to do so I have needed to change 2 things on the form to make it "work"

The first, I was under the impression you could apply for this visa while in Canada, but Ive had to change "Country where applying" information from Canada, to outside of canada to my country of residence (Australia).

and the 2nd, I was under the impression I was applying for an Open Work Visa, as this is what Im currently on, but now I'm applying for a International Experience Canada (working holiday). Is this the same as a Open Visa?? I guess this makes sense as I complete step 1 through http://whpcanada.org.au. But I also applied for my current visa through http://whpcanada.org.au and am on a Open Work visa.....

Any info would be appreciated...

andyruges

Feb 6, 2013
I think it is safe to say this thread has been officially Hijacked.....

So while we are just talking about anything, when you go back to the IEC Kompass account and update your 'CIC File Number', is this the same as your application number allocated from the CIC or is this a separate number you get later on from the CIC when they have fully processed your application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
andyruges said:
I think it is safe to say this thread has been officially Hijacked.....

So while we are just talking about anything, when you go back to the IEC Kompass account and update your 'CIC File Number', is this the same as your application number allocated from the CIC or is this a separate number you get later on from the CIC when they have fully processed your application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure, but that's the only app# I found on the CIC website so I used it in my Kompass account.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
Few people on other forums are saying the acceptance letters are coming through.... anyone got theirs yet?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Few people on other forums are saying the acceptance letters are coming through.... anyone got theirs yet?
Donditional acceptance letter from IEC or LOI from CIC?

MAUGHAN

Oct 18, 2012
Hey

So its Visa day again tomorrow !
Is there anything else i should need to know or have on hand. ?

Thanks

zimboy

Feb 26, 2013
Hi Maughan,
How did your application go? I'm hoping to apply on March 7th, when did you get your Kompass account set up?
Cheers

Haitokin

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
If anyone is wondering about insurance requirements (and getting a policy issued for two years at a time, for example):

http://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/International-Experience-Canada-%28IEC%29-Insurance

You can get a quote by filling in the green quote request form area. Most companies in Canada only issue insurance for up to one year at a time, although there is one company here that will issue for up to two years. However, that company is not suitable for anyone travelling with a pre-existing diabetic health condition.

Some travellers prefer to deal with Canadian insurance companies when travelling in Canada, because they are more easily able to 'coordinate payment', which means not having to pay first and then provide claim receipts in order to be re-imbursed. The price difference between Canadian and overseas insurance companies is fairly minor, and the coverage (which includes coverage for stable pre-existing medical conditions) is generally better.

MAUGHAN

Oct 18, 2012
ZIMBOY -

I created a Kompass account on Monday 25th when I tried to get a visa, I filled out the forms but the website had so much traffic that it kept crashing and I was unable to submit, before I knew it the visa quota had finished.
I had a lot of problems uploading my passport, every time I tried I was kicked out and had to start from scratch. Very frustrating.

I am hoping to get one on the 7th but I'm not sure what to expect. Whoever though it would be a good idea to do the application online was wrong, the website cannot handle the demand.

The 7th will be our last chance so fingers crossed they've done some maintenance work to prevent the previous problems.
Good luck.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
MAUGHAN said:
ZIMBOY -

I created a Kompass account on Monday 25th when I tried to get a visa, I filled out the forms but the website had so much traffic that it kept crashing and I was unable to submit, before I knew it the visa quota had finished.
I had a lot of problems uploading my passport, every time I tried I was kicked out and had to start from scratch. Very frustrating.

I am hoping to get one on the 7th but I'm not sure what to expect. Whoever though it would be a good idea to do the application online was wrong, the website cannot handle the demand.

The 7th will be our last chance so fingers crossed they've done some maintenance work to prevent the previous problems.
Good luck.

I hope they get their servers fixed by the 7th. All the best for you guys!