canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canadalover4987 said:
If i told immigration the reason why i dont like to live in the Philippines because of crimes, security reasons and such, will CIC consider it? besides i wont be able to work if i decide to live in the Philippines which matters to me because i want to build our future together.
Conjugal requires that there be legal barriers preventing you from being together; the fact that you simply don't want to live in her country is not a legal barrier. Furthermore, as it's expected that partners in a genuine and loving relationship will do everything possible to be together, including live somewhere they don't like, the fact that you refuse to would be a serious red flag for CIC.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Conjugal requires that there be legal barriers preventing you from being together; the fact that you simply don't want to live in her country is not a legal barrier. Furthermore, as it's expected that partners in a genuine and loving relationship will do everything possible to be together, including live somewhere they don't like, the fact that you refuse to would be a serious red flag for CIC.
Excellent point!

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:

Believe me i want to be with her,,,what i don't like is the idea to live in a third world country where security is at risk. So let say that my partner is from Afghanistan, or Pakistan where all these Isis are very visible. Philippines has tons of abu sayaf, jimaha islamiya, milf, npa, and a lot of Muslim rebels and militants, not to mention those kidnap for ransom group, should us petitioner NEED to live there? will you live there as a Caucasian white man? think about it for a sec, wouldn't you be scared for your self and for your partner? i love her so much that's why i want us to live in a better life

It doesn't makes sense at all.

surleplateau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ rqst'd 23-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ rcv'd 05-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2015 err?
File Transfer...
09-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Interview........
waived; IP Sep 2015
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 22-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016 YAY!!!
No one here is forcing you to move. No one here is going to stop you from applying to CIC for whatever you think is best for your case.

So by all means, you can make your best effort to get your partner into Canada and make your best efforts to marry your partner. If you tried everything that you feel is reasonable and within your powers (meaning at the minimum, applying for her TRV), then apply to CIC and present your case to CIC with good, clear documentation. Follow their guides.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
canadalover4987 said:
Believe me i want to be with her,,,what i don't like is the idea to live in a third world country where security is at risk. So let say that my partner is from Afghanistan, or Pakistan where all these Isis are very visible. Philippines has tons of abu sayaf, jimaha islamiya, milf, npa, and a lot of Muslim rebels and militants, not to mention those kidnap for ransom group, should us petitioner NEED to live there? will you live there as a Caucasian white man? think about it for a sec, wouldn't you be scared for your self and for your partner? i love her so much that's why i want us to live in a better life

It doesn't makes sense at all.
Please keep in mind, you're borderline arguing with people who don't make the rules and aren't in charge of anything. The advice you get here is just that, advice. It comes from people that genuinely want to help and have been through it.

You may not like the advice, but arguing about it is pointless.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
surleplateau said:
No one here is forcing you to move. No one here is going to stop you from applying to CIC for whatever you think is best for your case.

So by all means, you can make your best effort to get your partner into Canada and make your best efforts to marry your partner. If you tried everything that you feel is reasonable and within your powers (meaning at the minimum, applying for her TRV), then apply to CIC and present your case to CIC with good, clear documentation. Follow their guides.
Thank you for responding but i think that you miss the point. I basically know that no one has the right to argue against my will not even CIC. We all have the right to apply for TRV or PR for our love ones.

You didn't answer the question. will you live in a country where safety is at risk? YES OR NO.

Please don't preach love conquers all, because most of the time we need to be realistic.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
bigredmoose said:
Please keep in mind, you're borderline arguing with people who don't make the rules and aren't in charge of anything. The advice you get here is just that, advice. It comes from people that genuinely want to help and have been through it.

You may not like the advice, but arguing about it is pointless.

NO i am not arguing with anyone- let me make that clear. in fact, I am very thankful. I am also aware that ONLY CIC HAS THE ANSWERS. this thread is basically draw healthy conversation. Reasoning is different from arguing. So please don't tell me to keep my borderline because i am not arguing to any one.

Your one single comment doesn't help at all. And if you are not comfortable with this thread then you are free not to respond. Thanks

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
canadalover4987 said:
Thank you for responding but i think that you miss the point. I basically know that no one has the right to argue against my will not even CIC. We all have the right to apply for TRV or PR for our love ones.

You didn't answer the question. will you live in a country where safety is at risk? YES OR NO.

Please don't preach love conquers all, because most of the time we need to be realistic.
I have had to reside in Jamaica with my husband at times, which to some people sounds like a dream. Unfortunately, he doesnt live on a resort, lol. His city was the murder capital of the world at one point. There is a lot of gang violence, kidnappings for ransom, shootings, etc. Its far from the safer life we have in Canada thats for sure. I think showing that to CIC may help as it shows that we do try to be together, but its definitely not a place that I want to raise my children. Its hard and frustrating, but I have found a lot of good advice on this site and wished I had found it years ago. He would have been here by now if I knew then what I know now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canadalover4987 said:

Yes. If the choice is to either move somewhere dangerous or not be with one's partner, those who truly love their partner choose the dangerous place. And this is what CIC expects to see. That said, the Philippines is not even that dangerous of a country.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know much about the Phillipine but I think I've read somewhere on the forum that living together to become common law is not allowed in the Phillipines?

The OP entered into his relationship by way of civil union because his partner is trangendered. Would this type of relationship be allowed, since their civil union may not be recognized as a marriage in the eyes of the law? Would the civil union be recognized enough to allow them to live together even if the OP did decide to move there?

Like I said I don't know much about the Phillipines but from what I've read on the forum they seem pretty strict with rules of marriage, divorce, common law, etc which is why a lot of people do take the conjugal route.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree it's likely not possible for the OP to live in the Philippines for a year to become common law (unless the OP is a citizen of that country). I believe the Philippines strictly limits foreigner visits to six months (or maybe less?).

However the conjugal partner does need to try to visit Canada and apply for a TRV before the PR application can be submitted. To be approved as conjugal, they need to show there are real immigration barriers and applying for a TRV is a critical step in this process (even if it's refused).

If the TRV is refused, then I would take 1-2 more trips to the Philippines for a visit before submitting the PR application. If I'm not mistaken, they only met in person for the first time in January of this year. So from CIC's perspective this relationship is still very new.

And regardless what any of us thinks, the significant age gap will certainly be a red flag to CIC. So this application will need to be very strong to show the relationship is genuine. This is why I think the additional trips before submitting the PR application are crucial.

I would expect longer processing time and that an interview will be required.

lexDR

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Passport Req..
17/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
25/01/2016
LANDED..........
05/02/2016
canadalover4987 said:

[/quote]
shortyp2000 said:
I have had to reside in Jamaica with my husband at times, which to some people sounds like a dream. Unfortunately, he doesnt live on a resort, lol. His city was the murder capital of the world at one point. There is a lot of gang violence, kidnappings for ransom, shootings, etc. Its far from the safer life we have in Canada thats for sure. I think showing that to CIC may help as it shows that we do try to be together, but its definitely not a place that I want to raise my children. Its hard and frustrating, but I have found a lot of good advice on this site and wished I had found it years ago. He would have been here by now if I knew then what I know now.
The answer is YES! I have like shortyp2000 lived in a third world country to be with my husband. I never could have imagined hearing about a little 3 year old girl getting raped and killed by her step father because of drugs and jealousy when they lived just down the road from me. During that time there had been 11 babies died in a hospital in the capital because of bad admin. I am very thankful that nothing has happened to be while living in the third world country, but certainly was a risk at times. Like shortyp2000 said, it's not an ideal place to raise children.
Vacationing somewhere and living somewhere is completely different. I don't blame for not wanting to live in a third world country, however it's possible.

jerryca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014 (SA received)
File Transfer...
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015 (flagpole)
canadalover4987, I am in a similar situation to yours. We met first online in 2011 and in person in 2013 when i traveled to Philippines as part of an Asia vacation. We applied and were refused TRVs 4 times in 2014 and I traveled to the Philippines twice more during that time frame. For each of the 4 TRV trys there was some change in the circumstance or something more to help our case, but no luck. After the first two refusals, we started preparing for a conjugal PR filing. We could not file the PR until after July 2014 because I was still married in Canada and had to be separated for a year in order to qualify as a sponsor.

Against the advice of many on this board, we filed our conjugal PR application in August 2014. By then I had visited three times and we had spent about six weeks together in person. We also started building a house together in the Philippines so we would have a safe place when we are there together. Despite all of this, I know that receiving approval is still a long shot. It has been 6 months since the PR file was transferred to Manila.

I took my 4th trip to the Philippines in a year in October 2014 and while there my partner received confirmation that her file was at Manila VO. As soon as I returned to Canada, we applied for a TRV again (5th try) and finally this time we were approved. My partner has been in Canada for 5 months now. If we applied for an extension for her stay here, we might very well be able to become common law partners before she has to leave the country. Nevertheless, we are going to the Philippines in April - my partner, her return ticket and me for a two week vacation. As soon as we arrive and her passport is stamped, we will apply for another TRV and are hopeful that she will get another TRV to return to Canada with me.

Your best option to be with your partner is to apply for a TRV. It is a relatively simple and cheap process and can be done 100% on-line. Make sure she includes proof of her assets including cash in the bank. You will also have to show proof that you can support her while she is in Canada (i.e copies of bank statements). At this point I might suggest you not make a big deal about your conjugal relationship - don't use that word until you have applied for the PR. You will have a better chance than we did because my partner did not have a good job or any assets when we first applied (she lost both in the Tacloban typhoon).

If you are lucky and get a TRV, you should try to become common law partners (or get married) before making the application.

In our case, the PR is not as important as us being together. Yes it is more costly. Your partner can't work; you have to buy your own health insurance; you may have expensive travel that you would not otherwise choose to take.

Good luck! I will update the board regarding our upcoming TRV application. In the meantime, I am not expecting any progress on our conjugal PR application for several more months. If my partner gets another TRV I don't mind if we hear nothing on the PR for another 6 months.

jerryca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014 (SA received)
File Transfer...
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015 (flagpole)
I just read your first post over again. There is no question that you should apply for the TRV right away. If you are successful, you will know in 24-48 hours and have the visa in less than a week. A PR application? Who knows? maybe 18 months to even consider a conjugal application.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
shortyp2000 said:
Thank you so much for such an inspirational story shortyp2000. It must be sooo difficult for you back then. Are you still separated with your husband? or are you still working the petition. please update me with your current status. thank you