Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Hello,

I am so blessed i found this website, i hope i can get serious advice coming from someone who experience the same situation. I'm a male Canadian citizen by birth, I'm from Ontario, a retired pensioner but i am still employed for 7-8 years now, no criminal records and not filed bankruptcy, not sponsored anyone in the past. I met my Filipina transgender partner in an online dating site last Jan 2014 to be exact, since then, i really wanted her to become my wife and hopefully bring here in Canada as fast as possible. We decided to make the relationship official as Jan of 2014.

And just last Jan 2015 i decided to visit her for the first time and I stayed at her home for 2 months. I was right about her that she is the woman of my dreams and i love her so much. We did get married through Holy union on the same month. Philippines do not have same sex marriage and the best thing we can do is to tie the knot in front of her parents.

I would like her to come here to visit me for 6 weeks. She haven't tried to apply in Canada or in any other country. I know that the word "fiance" is red flag to CIC. As for me she is married to me via holy union and i would like her to come here as my conjugal partner. I just have to prove it.

Here's the complete list of what we have prepared:

-all the required trv immigration forms
-my notarized invitation letter stating that i will support her (food, house, etc)
-letter of intent, travel itinerary plans explaining places i would like to show her
-affidavit of no marriage stating i am single and i never got married here in Canada
-my certificate of employment
-my last 4 years T4 and income tax returns
-my pension income
-copy of my birth cert and my passport
-a land property in Florida (both our names are listed on the land deed in which i bought before i see her the first time)
-we have both traveled abroad for the first time and kept all the boarding pass.
-we have email and chat conversation through Skype
-we have taken so many pictures together and with her family and friends
-Forex cargo proofs (parcels) that i sent her
-money transfer records that i sent her
-all her mails that she sent me stamped by post office
-joint bank account in her country (bank certificate)
-all rental and purchase receipts
-insurance policy stating that she is my beneficiary
-my last will and testament
-my power of attorney
-my health will
-notarized affidavit coming from our family and friends attesting the relationship and the plan of visiting in Canada
-certificates of marriage counselling coming from parish minister and psychologist
-certificate coming from our chosen charity in the Philippines

As for her she has the following:

-her passport and all travel history (she haven't traveled to USA or Europe)
-her house and lot under her name. (she bought it before we met)
-we bought a motorcycle under our name
-her previous and present employment certificate
-her leave of absence for 6 weeks
-her income tax returns
-her school records
-her business registration (she is a sole proprietor of her newly open business)
-her power of attorney stating that she allowed me to manage and own the half of the business
-her last will and testament
-her health will
-her own bank account with substantial amount of money
-her social security contribution
-airline reservation
-travel insurance
-police reports stating no criminal offence
-undergo medical examination
-affidavit from her parents stating aware about the relationship and willing to fund her in case needed
-her parents bank statement

She has no intention of overstay or apply for an inland petition. Once she is granted, id like to marry her here then she comes back to her country and then we will apply for an outland petition. IN DEC 2015 i will come back again in the Philippines regardless whether she will be approved or not.

Your honest opinion matters to me. If you think we are not qualify for TRV please let me know or if you have any more suggestions?

Some people say i need to apply TRV some says i can apply for permanent resident. Which is applicable? do you think its too early to apply for outland petition without trying trv? thank you so much.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
I also met my spouse online, and it was in love from day 1. We have now been married 5 years and have 2 children. Some people think it cant happen, but it really does. My opinion, when doing the invite letter, do not say that you are going to pay for everything. It makes it look like your future wife will only want to come here because you provide everything. They have said that to others that I've known before. If she is taken care of 100% here by you, they will say there's no reason for her to go back. Once you are married legally, it will be very hard for her to get a TRV. So, if you are going to try for a TRV, try before you get married. Once you are married, it'll just be one more thing for them to say she wont return to her country, so I advise you just start applying for the sponsorship instead of the TRV. Saves heart ache and money. I know it takes longer but in the end its worth it. I wish someone would have told me that years ago. All the best to you and I hope it goes well! Keep us updated!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
A few general comments.
First, in applying for a TRV you want to concentrate MORE on her ties to the Philippines, and MUCH LESS about her ties to you. So showing that you've been unofficially married and all the joint accounts and assets, would actually hurt her chances at getting a TRV since CIC may feel she has no intention to ever leave Canada. You should stick to the bare minimums in terms of what info you share about your relationship. I don't think there's any need to mention the religious union since in the eyes of CIC that is not a legal union and basically you are just dating to them.
So stress more on her current property ownership, current employment and how they expect her to return to work, etc etc.

And second, in order to apply for her PR as conjugal partner, you need to show an immigration barrier to getting married. So that means she should apply for and be denied a TRV to Canada first, and only then you could look at submitting a conjugal application. Ideally she will be granted a TRV so you can get married in Canada and then apply for her PR as married.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
shortyp2000 said:
I also met my spouse online, and it was in love from day 1. We have now been married 5 years and have 2 children. Some people think it cant happen, but it really does. My opinion, when doing the invite letter, do not say that you are going to pay for everything. It makes it look like your future wife will only want to come here because you provide everything. They have said that to others that I've known before. If she is taken care of 100% here by you, they will say there's no reason for her to go back. Once you are married legally, it will be very hard for her to get a TRV. So, if you are going to try for a TRV, try before you get married. Once you are married, it'll just be one more thing for them to say she wont return to her country, so I advise you just start applying for the sponsorship instead of the TRV. Saves heart ache and money. I know it takes longer but in the end its worth it. I wish someone would have told me that years ago. All the best to you and I hope it goes well! Keep us updated!

Thank you so much for your advice, my partner owns a home, has job and business in the Philippines. Not to mention her plan of getting a condo under our name. i read this thread for a month now and i have heard a lot a inspirational stories. I firmly believe that each and every one of us has its own unique story. (in cic point of view)

I am just worried the CIC will see our case as premature to apply for TRV for her. I just went to the Philippines last Jan 2015 for the first time meeting. or my plan is to go back there in Dec 2015 but i dont want to wait that long before she try to apply for trv.

Some people say i need to apply for PR, some say TRV i am quite confused now.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Rob_TO said:
A few general comments.
First, in applying for a TRV you want to concentrate MORE on her ties to the Philippines, and MUCH LESS about her ties to you. So showing that you've been unofficially married and all the joint accounts and assets, would actually hurt her chances at getting a TRV since CIC may feel she has no intention to ever leave Canada. You should stick to the bare minimums in terms of what info you share about your relationship. I don't think there's any need to mention the religious union since in the eyes of CIC that is not a legal union and basically you are just dating to them.
So stress more on her current property ownership, current employment and how they expect her to return to work, etc etc.

And second, in order to apply for her PR as conjugal partner, you need to show an immigration barrier to getting married. So that means she should apply for and be denied a TRV to Canada first, and only then you could look at submitting a conjugal application. Ideally she will be granted a TRV so you can get married in Canada and then apply for her PR as married.

Thanks for the input, i totally agree with you that to show immigration barrier, my partner MUST try or attempt to visit me, if she got denied then we can put it in our Outland PR application which much longer to process. but how about in my end? Will CIC required me to live in a country that i dont like to live with due to political stability or even security reasons? i want her here and we can have better future here.

If i told immigration the reason why i dont like to live in the Philippines because of crimes, security reasons and such, will CIC consider it? besides i wont be able to work if i decide to live in the Philippines which matters to me because i want to build our future together.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Not wanting to live in another country is not an immigration barrier. As mentioned before, not being able to work is not considered a barrier to CIC.

You do need to try to find ways to become either common-law or legally married. Good luck.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Yes, they will consider it, but theres no guarantee. There is also another barrier for you, that you want to get married but her country doesnt allow same sex marriage, and thats discriminatory to your relationship. I wish you all the best, I know how hard it is, and frustrating and confusing, but it will work out in the end.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
MilesAway said:
Not wanting to live in another country is not an immigration barrier. As mentioned before, not being able to work is not considered a barrier to CIC.

You do need to try to find ways to become either common-law or legally married. Good luck.

Showing honesty is the best that we can do. would you like to live in a country if you feel that your safety is jeopardize even if its just for a year? do you have an idea the crime rate and how the Philippines govt take its course? i dont speak their language, city crime is every where not to mention kidnapping towards white people are so common. do i need to explain it further?

That why we have conjugal application, for those people like me and my partner. Please see all the things we have so far for a short span of time.

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
canadalover4987 said:
And just last Jan 2015 i decided to visit her for the first time and I stayed at her home for 2 months. I was right about her that she is the woman of my dreams and i love her so much. We did get married through Holy union on the same month. Philippines do not have same sex marriage and the best thing we can do is to tie the knot in front of her parents.

I would like her to come here to visit me for 6 weeks. She haven't tried to apply in Canada or in any other country. I know that the word "fiance" is red flag to CIC. As for me she is married to me via holy union and i would like her to come here as my conjugal partner. I just have to prove it.

Your honest opinion matters to me. If you think we are not qualify for TRV please let me know or if you have any more suggestions?

Some people say i need to apply TRV some says i can apply for permanent resident. Which is applicable? do you think its too early to apply for outland petition without trying trv? thank you so much.
here is my personal situation.

I'm a Male canadian Citizen living in Canada.

Met my current wife (female) in 2010 (Venezuela), we started dating, and going on trips to meet overseas (Mexico x2 and x1 to USA) this over 3 years untill in 2014 we decided to get married overseas (in Venezuela), travel history is important to CIC.

we were going to apply OUTLAND, but she really wanted to visit me, after we got married. So she applied for a TRV, stating we were married (Most people said she would get refused), we provided prof of our relationship, prof of her intentions to go back (work, school..etc)...

she got approved for a Multi-Entry visa untill passport expiry (2017) and came here AUG 2014, since then we decided to apply inland as we do not wish to live apart any longer.

So yes, I think the most important thing for CIC, is prof of relationship, travel history, and ties to home country.

Hope this help.

Good luck.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
shortyp2000 said:
Yes, they will consider it, but theres no guarantee. There is also another barrier for you, that you want to get married but her country doesnt allow same sex marriage, and thats discriminatory to your relationship. I wish you all the best, I know how hard it is, and frustrating and confusing, but it will work out in the end.

Thanks for the reply. i understand that everything is not guarantee and i am ready for what ever outcome. I just wanted to save time and effort with the right approach.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
vinotintazo said:
here is my personal situation.

I'm a Male canadian Citizen living in Canada.

Met my current wife (female) in 2010 (Venezuela), we started dating, and going on trips to meet overseas (Mexico x2 and x1 to USA) this over 3 years untill in 2014 we decided to get married overseas (in Venezuela), travel history is important to CIC.

we were going to apply OUTLAND, but she really wanted to visit me, after we got married. So she applied for a TRV, stating we were married (Most people said she would get refused), we provided prof of our relationship, prof of her intentions to go back (work, school..etc)...

she got approved for a Multi-Entry visa untill passport expiry (2017) and came here AUG 2014, since then we decided to apply inland as we do not wish to live apart any longer.

So yes, I think the most important thing for CIC, is prof of relationship, travel history, and ties to home country.

Hope this help.

Good luck.

Thank you for that story, That's very nice.,,,, you applied for trv after getting married (3 long years) but in my situation I cant marry my partner in the Philippines its not legal to have marriage between transgender woman and me. That's why i wanted her to come here. but confuse whether trv or pr application.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
I totally understand :) And now that you have found this forum, you can get the extra questions answered by people going thru the same thing. That's one of the frustrations I was/am still going thru. I've found it pretty helpful on here and wish I knew about it 6 years ago.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
canadalover4987 said:
Showing honesty is the best that we can do. would you like to live in a country if you feel that your safety is jeopardize even if its just for a year? do you have an idea the crime rate and how the Philippines govt take its course? i dont speak their language, city crime is every where not to mention kidnapping towards white people are so common. do i need to explain it further?

That why we have conjugal application, for those people like me and my partner. Please see all the things we have so far for a short span of time.
I live in a country where I spend every day in fear that I will be caught, arrested, and deported, because my relationship is illegal here. I could lose my job on a whim if someone were so inclined, and we walk the streets in fear, never showing any affection because it's not uncommon for same-sex couples to be beaten up. I wanted to be with my spouse, and after she was refused 4 times, I quit my job and moved abroad to be with her. We went to a third country to get married and now we are waiting.

To add to my joy, the economy collapsed here, and I now fall below the poverty if looking at my salary in Canadian dollars. If I leave the country, I will probably never get a visa to come back, because I'd have to declare my marriage, which is illegal here.

I understand it isn't easy, but you need to make an effort.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
shortyp2000 said:
I totally understand :) And now that you have found this forum, you can get the extra questions answered by people going thru the same thing. That's one of the frustrations I was/am still going thru. I've found it pretty helpful on here and wish I knew about it 6 years ago.

thanks shortyp2000. i just wanted to ensure that i am in the right page if applying trv is worth it or should i apply for pr right away. my case is totally difficult because its a conjugal. I am not legally married to her yet.

I am thinking a lot of ideas like if she get denied for a TRV in Canada, i am thinking US tourist visa or New Zealand - then we can get married there. BUT it would cost TOO much and honestly i don't really like it. its not economically reasonable.

My greatest fear is that is our huge age gap, im 67 and she is 35. CIC might look in a different way. Its not the first time i'm sure, there's a lot of people like us. (huge age gap) This age gap is against her future application.too much pressure for her.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
canadalover4987 said:
thanks shortyp2000. i just wanted to ensure that i am in the right page if applying trv is worth it or should i apply for pr right away. my case is totally difficult because its a conjugal. I am not legally married to her yet.

I am thinking a lot of ideas like if she get denied for a TRV in Canada, i am thinking US tourist visa or New Zealand - then we can get married there. BUT it would cost TOO much and honestly i don't really like it. its not economically reasonable.

My greatest fear is that is our huge age gap, im 67 and she is 35. CIC might look in a different way. Its not the first time i'm sure, there's a lot of people like us. (huge age gap) This age gap is against her future application.too much pressure for her.
To qualify as conjugal, you need to show a marriage-like relationship, and that will be very difficult to do if you've only met in person for the first time recently. The age gap is another big obstacle to overcome.

Try for a TRV, you never know, you might get lucky. If you succeed, then you can be together, get married, and spend more time together, which will help you in the PR application.