+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I gave my biometric but does not show online!!

mahmoud91

Mar 26, 2018
Hi Mahmoud thank you for your reply. And also sorry to hear that your visa got refused earlier, and hopefully yo will get it this time. I have sent all the documents except bank statements. I am going for PhD there, and I am fully funded by the university. I have shown only the amount that will be given by the university as per their offer letter. Because I don't have enough money in my bank account that is equivalent to what I need to cover my expenses in Canada (if I were self funded), I omitted to attach bank statement as proof of financial support. What do you think will it be a problem? Also have they asked for your police clearance certificate?
I am also going for a PhD and I am also funded by the university in Canada but they still want the bank statement. I don't know if it cause a problem or not. But in my opinion sent it as an enquiry even if you don't have a lot of money there. No they didn't ask about this certificate. Did they asked you about it?

hossain2

May 9, 2018
I am also going for a PhD and I am also funded by the university in Canada but they still want the bank statement. I don't know if it cause a problem or not. But in my opinion sent it as an enquiry even if you don't have a lot of money there. No they didn't ask about this certificate. Did they asked you about it?
No, they have not asked for it yet. I just gave my biometrics yesterday. But I guess they may ask fot it. look like we are on the same boat in a different way. can you please send me your email address so that we contact over the phone later? I'd really appreciate. my email id is: joy_buetian04@yahoo.com

picasso333

May 3, 2018
I got a refusal for my visa and the reasons that I didn't attach the I-20, the offer here in the USA, the transcript of my studies here in the USA and in Egypt and the bank statement.
I re-applied and added the missing documents and still waiting for the reply. If you didn't attach these documents so send an enquiry with them so that you don't get a refusal.
Good luck
Hi Mahmoud, sorry to hear about your visa refusal. I hope you get it next time.

I am also facing a similar problem. Appeared for my biometrics on April 29th at the local ASC. They gave a paper (stamped). It has been 10 days now and the biometrics in the CIC have still not been updated.
1. Did you biometrics ever get updated in the CIC? If it did, how long did it take?
2. Or did they update your biometrics right at the time of decision for your visa?

Thank you very much.

mahmoud91

Mar 26, 2018
Hi Mahmoud, sorry to hear about your visa refusal. I hope you get it next time.

I am also facing a similar problem. Appeared for my biometrics on April 29th at the local ASC. They gave a paper (stamped). It has been 10 days now and the biometrics in the CIC have still not been updated.
1. Did you biometrics ever get updated in the CIC? If it did, how long did it take?
2. Or did they update your biometrics right at the time of decision for your visa?

Thank you very much.
Hi
I also had a problem with my biometrics and I gave my biometrics again after 25 days from the first time I gave it. In the second time it was updated in an hour. It is not related to the decision.

picasso333

May 3, 2018
Hi
I also had a problem with my biometrics and I gave my biometrics again after 25 days from the first time I gave it. In the second time it was updated in an hour. It is not related to the decision.
Thank you. I shall also give my biometrics again then. So you mean timing of biometrics has no effect on processing time of the visa?

mahmoud91

Mar 26, 2018
Thank you. I shall also give my biometrics again then. So you mean timing of biometrics has no effect on processing time of the visa?
I don't know whether it is affecting the processing or not. I mean it will be updated after you give the biometrics within an hour. Take care you are not supposed to take the picture with glasses or any thing on you head or around your neck

hossain2

May 9, 2018
FYI guys I gave my biometrics day before yesterday. It just got updated today. Also I heard from my friends that it may take longer (even 10-14 days) to get it updated in the application system

Dayoslim

Apr 19, 2018
Hi
Hello, please I have a question. Did you submit the biometric at the same location as the first one or you went to a different biometric collection point?

yuzvik93

Oct 22, 2018
Yes. I submitted it in the same location.
Hello Mahmoud,

I've had a similar problem where I submitted my biometrics for my TRV application here in the Shanghai VAC. Even though I submitted my biometrics the next day, it didn't get updated for 7 weeks on myCIC. And hence I got a letter saying that they didn't receive the biometrics hence they refuse my application.

Please confirm if my understanding is right - you went to get your biometrics done at a VAC. And you noticed after a week or two that your biometrics information wasn't updated on your myCIC, hence you went to the same VAC after 2 weeks to get the biometrics done again with the same biometrics letter. And after a few hours after the second time you went, your biometrics info on myCIC got updated. Is that correct?

Thanks for your response in advance :) !

Anya

mahmoud91

Mar 26, 2018
Hello Mahmoud,

I've had a similar problem where I submitted my biometrics for my TRV application here in the Shanghai VAC. Even though I submitted my biometrics the next day, it didn't get updated for 7 weeks on myCIC. And hence I got a letter saying that they didn't receive the biometrics hence they refuse my application.

Please confirm if my understanding is right - you went to get your biometrics done at a VAC. And you noticed after a week or two that your biometrics information wasn't updated on your myCIC, hence you went to the same VAC after 2 weeks to get the biometrics done again with the same biometrics letter. And after a few hours after the second time you went, your biometrics info on myCIC got updated. Is that correct?

Thanks for your response in advance :) !

Anya
Hi Anya,

Yes that is exactly what I did but I was submitting through an ASC in the USA both times and the second time was 25 days after. You were supposed to go to them to redo the biometrics if it wasn't shown on the system within 30 days since the issuance of the biometric letter. you may send them an email attach the signed paper that proves you submitted them.

ssrohtaj

Mar 15, 2019
I have applied for study visa on 18th june. Then I applied for biometrics on 20th june and and got them done on 22nd june. But till today it’s been 5 days and they haven’t yet been updated in my online cic account. Is there anything to worry about ? I have 1 of my friend who got her biometrics done on same day and hers got updated within 2 days. I am from India.

Jul 22, 2019
Hi, one of my clients has applied for Canadian Visitor Visa through online application which was submitted on 17 July 2019. Later on 22 July, she got the Biometrics Request Letter and Biometrics was done on 23 July 2019 at VFS Chandigarh, India. Till date, the biometrics has not been uploaded in the account. On contacting VFS, they said they have submitted the Biometrics to Delhi Immigration on the same date and told me to email to Delhi immigration, which I did and still there is no response from them. I have never seen any problem like this. But when I read this thread I realize they do this often. Should I advise my client to give Biometrics again or should we wait for the reply from Delhi Immigration? I hope they would not decline the Visa due to this delay on their end. Any suggestion will be helpful...