+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I gave my biometric but does not show online!!

mahmoud91

Mar 26, 2018
I am Egyptian and currently living in the USA with an F1 visa. I applied for a study permit online on March 17 and got the biometric letter on the same day. I went to an ASC in Pennsylvania to give my fingerprints and a photograph on March 19. The online application still shows that I have to give my fingerprints. I tried to call the VAC in NYC but they told me that they don't have information about it. I sent also an email through this website "" but I didn't get reply yet. I am thinking if it didn't show on the website that it is completed I will go to the VAC in NYC to give my biometrics again. Does this may cause a problem to my application. Also please tell me if there is something else I can do as I have to travel within a month.

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hey, It happened to me were the results does not show in CIC website and I called VAC they asked me if I got a tracking number and they confirmed that they have sent it, I was worried for sometime but then the CIC got updated with the results before issuing the Visa, hence, I think its okay as long as you confirmed with the VAC that they sent the biometric and you got the tracking number. I hope this helps

mahmoud91

Mar 26, 2018
Hey, It happened to me were the results does not show in CIC website and I called VAC they asked me if I got a tracking number and they confirmed that they have sent it, I was worried for sometime but then the CIC got updated with the results before issuing the Visa, hence, I think its okay as long as you confirmed with the VAC that they sent the biometric and you got the tracking number. I hope this helps
I applied online so I don't have a tracking number and when I called the VAC they told me they don't have information about the biometrics taken at the ASC and this information is with the consulate. Do ypu have an information about my case?

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
I am not sure if your case is different, but do the biometric you have to be physically there and usually will provide you any kind of paper or invoice, bill ...etc that paper should have a number. on the other hand, they have to send it to CIC logically there should be a tracking for that, I am actually surprised that you dont have it. sorry for not helping, but I think its normal that CIC does not update immediately, I hope you see an update soon

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
I am not really sure whom to contact in ASC, perhaps the guys here can help you more. but I really think its just a matter of time and you will get it inshaa allah :)

Reactions: mahmoud91

Raja M Saleem

Apr 10, 2018
Sehrish, I am from Islamabad, Pakistan. Me with my wife applied for visit visa online. Me on 01 while wife on 03 April. We both got our biometrics done same day on 04 April VAC Islamabad. Wife's biometrics status got updated in few hours but my online status on CIC website still says that "action is required and we need your fingerprints". I am also facing situation like your parents and waiting. Someone posted that its normal, CIC does not update immediately, I hope we will see an update soon.

Last edited:

mahmoud91

Mar 26, 2018
Sehrish, I am from Islamabad, Pakistan. Me with my wife applied for visit visa online. Me on 01 while wife on 03 April. We both got our biometrics done same day on 04 April VAC Islamabad. Wife's biometrics status got updated in few hours but my online status on CIC website still says that "action is required and we need your fingerprints". I am also facing situation like your parents and waiting. Someone posted that its normal, CIC does not update immediately, I hope we will see an update soon.
I had a similar problem in the USA I waited for 3 weeks. After that I went and gave my biometrics again and the status is updated in an hour. Thus, I don't know the reason if it is lost or there was something wrong with my picture as I took the picture with sweater with a hat.Thus in my opinion wait till the end of this week if not updated then go and give again the biometrics but make sure not to wear galssesand just wear a T shirt and nothing hides any part of either your face, neck or hair

Raja M Saleem

Apr 10, 2018
Always hope for the best. At last my biometrics got updated. Hopefully we both me and my wife will get our visit visa soon and will attend our beloved son's MSc degree awarding convocation in last week of May then come back to Pakistan after spending two weeks there. Cheers

hossain2

May 9, 2018
I had a similar problem in the USA I waited for 3 weeks. After that I went and gave my biometrics again and the status is updated in an hour. Thus, I don't know the reason if it is lost or there was something wrong with my picture as I took the picture with sweater with a hat.Thus in my opinion wait till the end of this week if not updated then go and give again the biometrics but make sure not to wear galssesand just wear a T shirt and nothing hides any part of either your face, neck or hair
Hi Mahmoud did you get the study permit? I am in USA on F1 too, and will start at Fall. I also just completed my biometrics. Can you please let me know your current status. Thanks.

mahmoud91

Mar 26, 2018
Hi Mahmoud did you get the study permit? I am in USA on F1 too, and will start at Fall. I also just completed my biometrics. Can you please let me know your current status. Thanks.
I got a refusal for my visa and the reasons that I didn't attach the I-20, the offer here in the USA, the transcript of my studies here in the USA and in Egypt and the bank statement.
I re-applied and added the missing documents and still waiting for the reply. If you didn't attach these documents so send an enquiry with them so that you don't get a refusal.
Good luck

hossain2

May 9, 2018
I got a refusal for my visa and the reasons that I didn't attach the I-20, the offer here in the USA, the transcript of my studies here in the USA and in Egypt and the bank statement.
I re-applied and added the missing documents and still waiting for the reply. If you didn't attach these documents so send an enquiry with them so that you don't get a refusal.
Good luck
Hi Mahmoud thank you for your reply. And also sorry to hear that your visa got refused earlier, and hopefully yo will get it this time. I have sent all the documents except bank statements. I am going for PhD there, and I am fully funded by the university. I have shown only the amount that will be given by the university as per their offer letter. Because I don't have enough money in my bank account that is equivalent to what I need to cover my expenses in Canada (if I were self funded), I omitted to attach bank statement as proof of financial support. What do you think will it be a problem? Also have they asked for your police clearance certificate?