+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I cant get my police clearance from china ...pleasssse hellp me

LiamLead

Nov 7, 2017
I finally went to Shenzhen in China, and finally got my PCC for full duration ( including for 1 year when I stayed in China on travel visa too). It was a very easy process, but they will ask for Tanjia ( Temporary Residence certificate for each year you lived in China), I had it for only 1 year and many dont retain it post leaving China.. initially they said they cannot issue me as I didnt have any Tanjia.. and I was like WTF? here are my visa and stamps, alien employment permits, Company certificate and all, the lady at counter was kind enough to talk to her boss and told me to fill up a form and then told me to come after 3 days.

On 3rd day, I was duly presented with the PCC for full duration I wanted that too at 0 cost( blinkblink) .. BUT, like anything in China, nothing is straight forward, it turns out the PCC presented will be in Chinese only and they wont entertain any request for english and chinese bi lingual PCC. So I had to rush to notary for translation and notarisation. They will take 1 week and charge CNY 125 for translation and notarisation and give 2 copies of it.

Again when I to collect the translation and notarisation, Again there was a twist, they wont return you the original PCC, and no amount of arguing would deter them. So I rushed to the Shenzhen Police Centre for foreigners in Zhuzulin, and asked for one more copy from the same lady showing her the photo on my phone and she printed out one more.. VOILA..

I know everyone can not do it but for me the cost of engaging these agencies and going there was same. So I did it.
Thanks for this answer I also went to my city and got the PCC but I would like to ask you. In your PCC did they write that no offences has been committed in the city of residence.or was it a global PCC that no offense has been committed in the country ?

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks for this answer I also went to my city and got the PCC but I would like to ask you. In your PCC did they write that no offences has been committed in the city of residence.or was it a global PCC that no offense has been committed in the country ?
HI Liam, My also mentions specific to the city of residence and dosent say that for whole of China.

Update : I submitted my documents on 9th October 2017 and on 1st November 2017, I received my COPR ( Confirmation of Permanent Residency), have been asked to submit my passport to Canadian high commission with in 30 days of the receipt of COPR mail.

LiamLead

Nov 7, 2017
HI Liam, My also mentions specific to the city of residence and dosent say that for whole of China.

Update : I submitted my documents on 9th October 2017 and on 1st November 2017, I received my COPR ( Confirmation of Permanent Residency), have been asked to submit my passport to Canadian high commission with in 30 days of the receipt of COPR mail.
Hi vibhujindal thanks a lot for your reply !

What about those 3 weeks you stayed after the PCC/Notary translation has been issued, or the days you have been in China after the PCC date. does that matter ??

By the way did you upload the whole translation or only the English page from the Notary documents ?

Edit: I included the link for the image of the PCC I got from the police station is it same as yours
https://imgur.com/SlJW03T

Last edited:

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
Hi vibhujindal thanks a lot for your reply !

What about those 3 weeks you stayed after the PCC/Notary translation has been issued, or the days you have been in China after the PCC date. does that matter ??

By the way did you upload the whole translation or only the English page from the Notary documents ?

Edit: I included the link for the image of the PCC I got from the police station is it same as yours
https://imgur.com/SlJW03T
Hi Liam
I waited for just a week after I submitted my PCC to notary for translation and notarization as I had to leave back for India on the 7th day from that day. They initially quoted 2 weeks time but I told that I have my flight and they were kind enough to agree to give me a day before my flight day.

As for the period of being in China after u get the PCC, that doesn't matter but I think you need to submit the documents ASAP, as there should not be a huge gap between when u get PCC from China and the time of submission of docs, if you are still going to be in China till the time you submit them.

I attached the original PCC, then the chinese version of notary and then the english translation, all in a single file.

My PCC is different from yours. But remember my PCC is from Shenzhen and I am a non-chinese citizen who stayed in china. I dont know how to get a image url , else I would have uploaded mine too out here.

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
On 2nd thought the image you have attached seems to be of the form that police ppl might have asked you to fill up and a part of it would have been torn off and given to you as receipt to be bought back with you to collect the PCC.

Actual PCC might be a different document, Is this the final PCC that you have got?? without mentioning your name and passport no.??

LiamLead

Nov 7, 2017
On 2nd thought the image you have attached seems to be of the form that police ppl might have asked you to fill up and a part of it would have been torn off and given to you as receipt to be bought back with you to collect the PCC.

Actual PCC might be a different document, Is this the final PCC that you have got?? without mentioning your name and passport no.??
Hi thanks again for the reply and the help, much appreciated ! I am also a foreigner who is a non-Chinese citizen as well.

The picture I attached was blank. After I wrote my information, it had my name passport number. They gave it to me in thirty minutes

Did you ever leave Shenzhen and got the visa from somewhere else and still got all the dates in your PCC included or you have been in Shenzhen since always ?

My situation here is a bit different because the city is not very big (Wenzhou) so the police station doesn't know many things nor does the notary.
If you can upload the image so that I can show it to them that would be a huge help for me.

The way to upload is very easy you go to this url https://imgur.com/upload and you drag the image in there they will give you the link that's all. Copy it and paste it here.

Thanks a lot !

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
Hi thanks again for the reply and the help, much appreciated ! I am also a foreigner who is a non-Chinese citizen as well.

The picture I attached was blank. After I wrote my information, it had my name passport number. They gave it to me in thirty minutes

Did you ever leave Shenzhen and got the visa from somewhere else and still got all the dates in your PCC included or you have been in Shenzhen since always ?

My situation here is a bit different because the city is not very big (Wenzhou) so the police station doesn't know many things nor does the notary.
If you can upload the image so that I can show it to them that would be a huge help for me.

The way to upload is very easy you go to this url https://imgur.com/upload and you drag the image in there they will give you the link that's all. Copy it and paste it here.

Thanks a lot !
I always lived in Shenzhen and afcourse I have been to other places to visit varying from a day to as long as little more than a month, The date for which i asked it for was the first date of entry in China till the last day of me being there for the period when i claim to live there.

Here in have attached the file : https://imgur.com/a/iuvYZ
its a 4 pager pdf file that has been attached, I dunno in what form it will come, but first page is the PCC from my home country, then comes the original PCC issued in chinese by Shenzhen police, then the chinese version from Notary, then the translation from notary, all in that order were uploaded in a single file.

If you have any more doubts let me know.

LiamLead

Nov 7, 2017
I always lived in Shenzhen and afcourse I have been to other places to visit varying from a day to as long as little more than a month, The date for which i asked it for was the first date of entry in China till the last day of me being there for the period when i claim to live there.

Here in have attached the file : https://imgur.com/a/iuvYZ
its a 4 pager pdf file that has been attached, I dunno in what form it will come, but first page is the PCC from my home country, then comes the original PCC issued in chinese by Shenzhen police, then the chinese version from Notary, then the translation from notary, all in that order were uploaded in a single file.

If you have any more doubts let me know.
Hi thanks a lot for all the information and wish you all the best.

I've already gotten the PCC from my current city since I started living it, but because I have been living in multiple cities for more than I year. I must get PCC from all 3 cities in person.

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
Hi thanks a lot for all the information and wish you all the best.

I've already gotten the PCC from my current city since I started living it, but because I have been living in multiple cities for more than I year. I must get PCC from all 3 cities in person.
oh crap that will be painful , getting one done was painful enough, BTW whats your home country and remember if the language of PCC issued by your home country is not english or french then you have to get that too translated.

LiamLead

Nov 7, 2017
oh crap that will be painful , getting one done was painful enough, BTW whats your home country and remember if the language of PCC issued by your home country is not english or french then you have to get that too translated.
Yes the translation will be done indeed, I am from Morocco.

By the way I want to ask you something in your PCC since you had to go back to china to take it. and I will also take it and then leave China, since there is no way for a foreigner to take PCC from China without taking it on person.

Do we need to explain this in the LOE ? Because obviously the day we took the PCC + the one week for notary translation is not the day we left china.

Are you going to write LOE about anything ?

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
Yes the translation will be done indeed, I am from Morocco.

By the way I want to ask you something in your PCC since you had to go back to china to take it. and I will also take it and then leave China, since there is no way for a foreigner to take PCC from China without taking it on person.

Do we need to explain this in the LOE ? Because obviously the day we took the PCC + the one week for notary translation is not the day we left china.

Are you going to write LOE about anything ?
I dont think it matters, I left China while my work visa was still there, way back in 2015, I entered china recently just to get the PCC for 2 weeks. So according to me it dosent matter at all. I dont think you need to mention the extra period you stayed in China falling outside the dates specified in the PCC ( which is very much for the purpose of getting this PCC).

If you do want to go an extra step in explaining it in LOE, then no harm in doing that either, it just makes the things more clearer. But I did not do such thing, though I did mention the reason for HK entry and exit stamps ( as during my china stay i went there a lot) and also why the family name occurs first in documents issued by Chinese authorities and its translations.

LiamLead

Nov 7, 2017
I dont think it matters, I left China while my work visa was still there, way back in 2015, I entered china recently just to get the PCC for 2 weeks. So according to me it dosent matter at all. I dont think you need to mention the extra period you stayed in China falling outside the dates specified in the PCC ( which is very much for the purpose of getting this PCC).

If you do want to go an extra step in explaining it in LOE, then no harm in doing that either, it just makes the things more clearer. But I did not do such thing, though I did mention the reason for HK entry and exit stamps ( as during my china stay i went there a lot) and also why the family name occurs first in documents issued by Chinese authorities and its translations.
So do you have a visa issued in 2017 for you to go get the PCC ??

LiamLead

Nov 7, 2017
Yes I went in September 2017 on a 30 day single entry travelers visa to China to get my pCC
So did you explain this in an LOE that you had to enter China to get the PCC because no agency could do it for you and did you explain why the month of September 2017 wasn't included in the certificate ?

Did you already do the medical check and everything did they say in the message in your account that the medical check has been processed and the background check is ok ?

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
So did you explain this in an LOE that you had to enter China to get the PCC because no agency could do it for you and did you explain why the month of September 2017 wasn't included in the certificate ?

Did you already do the medical check and everything did they say in the message in your account that the medical check has been processed and the background check is ok ?
No I did not mention anything to that extent, I just showed recent visit to China as a personal travel in travel and address history that they have asked for. If you have re-entered in China just for PCC , it is a personal travel only for a personal purpose.

Meical check was done in my home country after I entered India, just do it like couple of weeks before you are ready to submit your final docs, depending on how much time it will take to reach Canadian high commission in your country. In India you have to get medical checkup done in specified hospitals only and the result is sent to Canadian high commission within 3 working days from the day of your test.In lieu of it they give a acknowledgement of the test and you have to upload that along with the final docs.

I did not understand the background check part?? are you referring to check done by local police before issuing PCC in my home country?? If yes then afcourse it had to be done before they issue me PCC here in India.