+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Huge CIC Delay on permit extension HELP

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
I see on cic.ca that this week they do not change information and processing time is the same
Also, talked to my consultant and she said that she could see that they started to review my file ( applied 28 August)

Kim07

Nov 2, 2018
Mine no update yet (SP extension, applied Aug 18, 2018).

One guy applied SP extension on Sept 6, and got approved Oct 29. Another guy said he got approved within one month (Around October). So if like what they said only SP extension for July and Aug are affected, then perhaps yours will be soon these several days.
the point is.. I need to get the hard copy of study permit before November 5th... I have been waiting for 50 days now. I'm so frustrated now...

Swathi_raju

Nov 30, 2018
Guys, I applied for my SP extension on September 19th still haven’t heard back from cic. Few of my friends applied on 28th September and already got their approval last week. I’m worried coz my study permit expires today (nov 30). Anyone facing the same issues?

Reactions: rashisingh223

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
Guys, I applied for my SP extension on September 19th still haven’t heard back from cic. Few of my friends applied on 28th September and already got their approval last week. I’m worried coz my study permit expires today (nov 30). Anyone facing the same issues?
Do not be worry
people who applied in August 18 did not receive visa , but you are month later. Cases are different
You can stay in Canada as long as your application is under process.

Reactions: Swathi_raju

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
my consultant just called me and said me that I got approval.
Congrat!
I still didn't get mine yet (applied Aug 18). What "consultant" you mean? Do you mean submitting webform? How they can see the status of your file.

I am really frustrated. I will submit my CAQ today, just in case they do not give me enough time...

Kim07

Nov 2, 2018
My SP will expire today too
I applied October 10
Until now nothing change

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
Congrat!
I still didn't get mine yet (applied Aug 18). What "consultant" you mean? Do you mean submitting webform? How they can see the status of your file.

I am really frustrated. I will submit my CAQ today, just in case they do not give me enough time...
I really understand your feeling.
Consultant is my lawyer. I am not sure how she could see it. Honestly, when yesterday she told me it , I did not understand but patiently was waiting for.
Today she told me that usually when people have rejection, they give answers quickly. Also, I spoke with my friends, they said that usually they gave 3 months more. then, do not worry, you will get it
Good luck for everyone

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
Congratulation
Can you share your profile? What did you apply for
Thank you
I applied for extension for study permit
but I had different case
I came with WP. my spouse was primary.
then his rejection when he tried to extend WP.
I got restoration status and visitor visas for me and kids. I did not leave Canada. Finished EAP in college and applied under category extension from visitor to student

Reactions: Kim07

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
I applied my application last aug 27..still no update. I already graduated last. Oct 2018. My SP expired sept.30.and then i applied SP ext. I need to finish my practicum so that i can get my diploma. But employer wants my New permit so that i can start my practicum to them. Feel nervous because my implied status will finish on dec .30...
Congrats to those who recieve their approval.

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
I applied my application last aug 27..still no update. I already graduated last. Oct 2018. My SP expired sept.30.and then i applied SP ext. I need to finish my practicum so that i can get my diploma. But employer wants my New permit so that i can start my practicum to them. Feel nervous because my implied status will finish on dec .30...
Congrats to those who recieve their approval.
Same here. Applied SP extension on Aug 18, 2018, graduated on Oct 5, and SP expired on Oct 10. I am waiting SP extension because I need to get my PGWP... and start my new position.. hope in the coming few days will got our permit.