+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Huge CIC Delay on permit extension HELP

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, online says its only 53 days.., but mine almost 3 months...applied aug.27 but nothing is change..no new update... anyone here have same problem with mine.?
Hi, Did you get an update? I applied for SP extension August 28th and still no update. I was planning on visiting home in December, and am hoping it comes through soon. I have a PR application in as well, which is why im thinking there might be a delay on the SP? I hope we get ours soon.

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
Still no update. Applied august 27.. my implied status will expire this coming dec.30... i already ask my school to give me an extension letter to let the cic that even i graduated , i still i have academic requirements that i didnt finish yet.

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Still no update. Applied august 27.. my implied status will expire this coming dec.30... i already ask my school to give me an extension letter to let the cic that even i graduated , i still i have academic requirements that i didnt finish yet.
I was reading on another forum that IRCC has service standards for SP ext made in Canada that they will give a decision within 4 months. 99% of applications were decided within 4 months according to those standards between 2017-2018. So lets hope they keep to this.

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Got a reply from CIC from the webform i sent saying that the agent took appropriate action earlier and passed on my enquiry to the relevant office. They also said that they will contact me as soon as a decision is made and that if there is no decision by Feb 7th 2019, to contact them again. Im hoping to get a decision much before then.

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
Got a reply from CIC from the webform i sent saying that the agent took appropriate action earlier and passed on my enquiry to the relevant office. They also said that they will contact me as soon as a decision is made and that if there is no decision by Feb 7th 2019, to contact them again. Im hoping to get a decision much before then.
When did you applied your SP ext.?

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
When did you applied your SP ext.?
August 28th. Just got an email from CIC saying they transferred my file to office in Edmonton and that they will contact me with further instruction. I live in Vancouver. Not sure what that means or whether it will now take longer

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
August 28th. Just got an email from CIC saying they transferred my file to office in Edmonton and that they will contact me with further instruction. I live in Vancouver. Not sure what that means or whether it will now take longer[/QUO

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
Because the old office is closed...and the new office is in Edmonton..All extensions application is transferred to edmonton. Hopefully before christmas our applications will be release.

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
I have a friend of mine, she applied for Bridging work permit last august 2 under her husband, almost 4 months til now no update.

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Because the old office is closed...and the new office is in Edmonton..All extensions application is transferred to edmonton. Hopefully before christmas our applications will be release.
Did you receive a message/letter from them saying that your application was transferred to edmonton office as well? I know the old office is closed, but I am wondering why I got a message/official letter from them now 3 months after applying that they have just transferred it and they will be "contacting me with further instructions" My consultant told me they do this when they want to verify info/do a background check, and that the processing time could go up further?

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
Did you receive a message/letter from them saying that your application was transferred to edmonton office as well? I know the old office is closed, but I am wondering why I got a message/official letter from them now 3 months after applying that they have just transferred it and they will be "contacting me with further instructions" My consultant told me they do this when they want to verify info/do a background check, and that the processing time could go up further?
Nope, i didnt recieve mail nor email from cic...processing delayed because they transfer the application to the new office, thats what i heard to other consultant ..

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Nope, i didnt recieve mail nor email from cic...processing delayed because they transfer the application to the new office, thats what i heard to other consultant ..
Just spoke to a cic agent. They said mine was specifically transferred to a local cic office in Edmonton, perhaps to do extra verifcation. They said that this typically means it will take even longer. My PR application is in as well and almost at 4 months since I applied. So maybe that will even come back with a decision sooner.