+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How To Reopen Your Applications Once Cancelled by CIC With Reason Incomplete

Raak

Dec 10, 2019
I don't know what they write beacuse my consultant do that but i got letter from embassy that say that we don't cover departure date on PCC do you think that work? I am in lots of trouble beacuse i also apply for bowp i am waiting for decision but they say it also refuse . what can i do my work permit already expired on September.

S&R

Oct 16, 2021
Yes, attach that letter and any other evidence you can prove that there is turmoil in the country ie; a news article.

So you should be sending 2 emails for 2 applications:
1) Your returned PR application: requesting to re-open your file
2) Your BOWP application: explaining the situation with your PR application and requesting them to grant you the work permit, especially if you have a current job

Ask your consultant if they can help you draft those emails and you need to do that as soon as possible

Here are the links again:
IRCC Webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
CPC Ottawa: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, question@cic.gc.ca

monsieurd

May 12, 2020
Yes, attach that letter and any other evidence you can prove that there is turmoil in the country ie; a news article.

So you should be sending 2 emails for 2 applications:
1) Your returned PR application: requesting to re-open your file
2) Your BOWP application: explaining the situation with your PR application and requesting them to grant you the work permit, especially if you have a current job

Ask your consultant if they can help you draft those emails and you need to do that as soon as possible

Here are the links again:
IRCC Webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
CPC Ottawa: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, question@cic.gc.ca
Hello, thanks for sharing these links.

Please do you know what happens when they reopen a PR application? Would your profile page be updated on one's IRCC profile?

I once had a cancellation and after raising s CSE, I got a response from IRCC saying the application would be continued, but there was no visible change on my account profile. Much later, I sent another email to know the status of my application, and was told they would not be able to continue with the application. I am trying to avoid a scenario like this.

GG_MM

Jun 20, 2022
Hello everyone.

I was unaware that IELTS need to valid before AOR. My IETLS expired after ITA and before AOR and I submitted my PR application and it got rejected.

I got to know about the web form to reopen the cancelled application.

I have booked a new IELTS exam but it is going to take around 10 days to get the results in hand. Should I wait for result and then fill web form with new test results or I should I fill the web form now and let them know that I can provide the new test results soon and get the extension first?

Please let me know.

mralston

Mar 28, 2023
I am starting this thread to let our friends know what to do if there were any cancellations of applications upon submission due to various reasons. I have noticed that there were huge number of cancellations that were posted in this forum from past few weeks so I thought to share this what I have seen so far in this forum.

Send a case specific enquiry with the missing documents or if there were any technical issues during or after submission. Use the link below to submit the request. Perhaps, CIC hearing the pleas in a very good manner so why don't you just give a try.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=sydney

Wish you all very good luck for your cancelled cases to get them reopened. Also, do share experiences upon reopening successfully in this thread so that this might be helpful to our others friends here.

Disclaimer: This thread is not for those applications rejected or cancelled due to Misrepresentations to CIC.
New to this forum but curious to understand what actions happen if they decide to re-open a previously cancelled application. My timeline:

3/9/23: Applied for PR online through express entry pathway (CEC)
3/28/23: Received message from IRCC that my app was cancelled due to incompleteness:

"Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Copy of passport/travel documents A copy of the passport/travel document for Michael Daniel Ralston was not provided. The copied pages that were provided did not include the information required - bio data page - which contains passport number, date of issue and expiry, photo, name, date and place of birth, amendments to name date of birth, or expiration."

3/28/23: Right after receiving above message, submitted a CSE via web form explaining the misunderstanding (I had provided my work permit, which references my passport, but not passport itself. Yes, I know this was a miss on my part, and I am not EXPECTING my case to be reopened.)

3/28/23: Receive email from IRCC stating they received my documents and added them to my profile.

"We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.
  • If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.
  • · If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible."
My questions: What would happen if they decide to reopen my application? They said in the original letter that I will be refunded the app fee and am encouraged to reapply through express entry applicant pool (I've already submitted my new EE profile into the pool). Does already submitting this affect whether or not my application gets reopened? I'm weary of the potential logistics of explaining why I have multiple PR/EE apps in the system.

GG_MM

Jun 20, 2022
New to this forum but curious to understand what actions happen if they decide to re-open a previously cancelled application. My timeline:

3/28/23: Received message from IRCC that my app was cancelled due to incompleteness:

"Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Copy of passport/travel documents A copy of the passport/travel document for Michael Daniel Ralston was not provided. The copied pages that were provided did not include the information required - bio data page - which contains passport number, date of issue and expiry, photo, name, date and place of birth, amendments to name date of birth, or expiration."

3/28/23: Right after receiving above message, submitted a CSE via web form explaining the misunderstanding (I had provided my work permit, which references my passport, but not passport itself. Yes, I know this was a miss on my part, and I am not EXPECTING my case to be reopened.)

3/28/23: Receive email from IRCC stating they received my documents and added them to my profile.

"We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.
  • If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.
  • · If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible."
My questions: What would happen if they decide to reopen my application? They said in the original letter that I will be refunded the app fee and am encouraged to reapply through express entry applicant pool (I've already submitted my new EE profile into the pool). Does already submitting this affect whether or not my application gets reopened? I'm weary of the potential logistics of explaining why I have multiple PR/EE apps in the system.
I suggest you should call IRCC and get in touch with an IRCC agent. Ask about the current status of your previously cancelled application. You can ask them about fees being refunded too. If it is re-opened and currently in processing, then you should withdraw your new express entry application.

Andyw99

Jan 10, 2021
Hey, did your application ever get reopened? I am in a similar situation and need to know. Thanks.

Feb 19, 2019
Hi everyone, I got an invitation for EE and I submitted my application. I chose my interesting province Ontario and my current address is in Quebec, I wrote a letter to convince the officer that I would relocate within the finishing of my home lease. even my company is located in Ottawa and I provided documents to support that I will move there soon. But my application got cancelled with the following message:

You have indicated your intended Province of Destination as Quebec. To be eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker Program you must intend to reside outside of the Province of Quebec. If you intend to reside in the Province of Quebec, please consult the Immigrate as a Quebec-selected skilled worker section of our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/index.asp

Any help to resolve this issue will be appreciated.