+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to provide proof of income if I am self-employed?

Namru8590

Jun 25, 2013
I am a Canadian living outside Canada and I want to sponsor my spouse. For more than a year, I have been working from home. I give classes and sell things. I do not get a constant amount of revenue, it differs each month, and also I do not have proof of it. What do I have to do?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Namru8590 said:
I am a Canadian living outside Canada and I want to sponsor my spouse. For more than a year, I have been working from home. I give classes and sell things. I do not get a constant amount of revenue, it differs each month, and also I do not have proof of it. What do I have to do?
First I would write a little paragraph explaining how you make income, explain to them that you hold classes and sell different things out of your home etc.
Than if possible I would include maybe receipts or some sort of paper work if you have to regarding your students paying for classes.
you could also include bank statements proving there is money going into an account (if you use an account where you are)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Namru8590 said:
Submit a copy of your income tax return or equivalent from the country you are living in.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
There is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship, however you will need to prove how you intend to cover the costs of living for you and your spouse once you return to Canada.

For the work you have been doing as long as you include an explanation about it, you should be fine. Get a few receipts and or make a "log" so to speak of all revenue generated from what you do. It is ok if the amount varies from month to month. I do not want to assume, so will just recommend that you make sure you are legally permitted to earn money in the country you are in.

If you have done any job searches, contacted potential employers ect. Make sure you tell/show them that in your application. Maybe you already have a job offer, if so, include a letter of employment or some tangible proof.

You will also need to prove your intent to return to Canada. You can do that easily as well. Include a letter from family/friends should you be planning to stay with them upon return, or rental agreement/lease if you have made arrangements of such. Anything that pertains to employment and or education (for yourself, spouse and or if you have children).

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Namru8590

Jun 25, 2013
Thank you all for your help! :)
Unfortunately we do not deal in receipts and paper. I will try to draft an average sum for the year. I think I can bring signatures of my students on the months they have been studying at my house. That's the only way i guess.

samir_13

Nov 1, 2019
Thank you all for your help! :)
Unfortunately we do not deal in receipts and paper. I will try to draft an average sum for the year. I think I can bring signatures of my students on the months they have been studying at my house. That's the only way i guess.
Hi, could you please tell me what did you do or how did you provide income of self-employed?