+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

Pink567

Oct 22, 2020
If you are eligible, you can request for free see how https://bit.ly/34KNSLI

Yes you can request unlimited number of applications for the same family in 1 request, use the comments/additional notes section to mention the additional applications when making the request. There is no additional cost. Also see https://bit.ly/34nuJPu to request GCMS from CBSA instead of IRCC.
Which one is a better option? IRCC or CBSA. I just want to check if they have my friend’s medical or not. And there was a mistake in her birth country, for which she received email from IRCC that web form query is resolved but nothing on ECAS or GCkey. So which option is better for her?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Which one is a better option? IRCC or CBSA. I just want to check if they have my friend’s medical or not. And there was a mistake in her birth country, for which she received email from IRCC that web form query is resolved but nothing on ECAS or GCkey. So which option is better for her?
Both IRCC and CBSA use the same GCMS system so you can request from either or both. There is a greater chance of delays with IRCC vs CBSA; delays with CBSA are possible as well but it's a more reliable partner. If you wanted to request from just one source then consider CBSA.

Reactions: Pink567

Pink567

Oct 22, 2020
Both IRCC and CBSA use the same GCMS system so you can request from either or both. There is a greater chance of delays with IRCC vs CBSA; delays with CBSA are possible as well but it's a more reliable partner. If you wanted to request from just one source then consider CBSA.
Oh okay. Thank you.

Reactions: caipsnotes

Meighen2

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
I'm an outland applicant w/o acquittances in Canada. I'd like to order GCMS notes via a third party firm, but I'm concerned over letting some stranger handle my private info. Anyone can recommend a good firm/website?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I'm an outland applicant w/o acquittances in Canada. I'd like to order GCMS notes via a third party firm, but I'm concerned over letting some stranger handle my private info. Anyone can recommend a good firm/website?
That is a very valid concern, personal information from GCMS can easily be misused. Identity theft, or the theft of personal information, can be the starting point to a range of crimes — from financial fraud and forgery to abuse of government programs. The thief only needs a small amount of information, as little as your name and birth date, to start building their new identity and committing fraud. Once they access your personal information, identity thieves can also:
  • spend money from your accounts
  • open new bank accounts
  • change your passwords and contact information for your online accounts
  • apply for loans, credit cards and benefits in your name
  • rent an apartment or car
  • commit other crimes using your credentials
There are many GCMS providers but beware of those affiliated with immigration lawyers/consultants trying to up-sell and cross-sell other unrelated services like medical insurance, etc See more at http://bit.ly/36Ee1Nb

Reactions: Meighen2

Shahida1825

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!

[/QUOTE

I didn't attach any documents for proof of access and made the $5 payments for my GCMS. Will I still be getting my GCMS?

Shahida1825

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
Hi I am the sponsor. I ordered the GCMS notes but I missed the consent form to upload and attach it and also made the $5 fees. My request went through and got an email back with the receipt and for submitting the request. How can I send the consent form now? Or will my request go through without the consent form?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi I am the sponsor. I ordered the GCMS notes but I missed the consent form to upload and attach it and also made the $5 fees. My request went through and got an email back with the receipt and for submitting the request. How can I send the consent form now? Or will my request go through without the consent form?
If you need to contact/send anything simply use the email. IRCC ATIP will also contact you if they need anything of you.

faithandhope

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Hello all, please help me understanding this my spouse application added in March 2020,

my GCMS note says

incoming correspondence that are provided has been fliped to received in bulk incoming information will need to be revised on next due date.

What does that mean?
Hi did you get your PR or still waiting? I had applied since July 2020 but there is no progress on my file what to do now?

Vick007

Dec 30, 2019
Hello,
Has anyone heard of a term dandoant or dandum application to file for case investigation to officer who has the spousal application?
Sorry i just heard this term and trying to get correct word so i can investigate.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
Has anyone heard of a term dandoant or dandum application to file for case investigation to officer who has the spousal application?
Sorry i just heard this term and trying to get correct word so i can investigate.
Likely the term that was referred to was "writ of mandamus."

It is a complex and tricky legal procedure with very limited application, only in extremely specific circumstances. And it will probably be expensive with low likelihood of success, and high burden of 'proof' on you/the applicant to demonstrate that what is being done (or not done) is something they must do under law and are effectively withholding it from you.

If you search for writ of mandamus canada immigration you will see some cases/firms trying to use this. But unless your file is truly exceptionally delayed - which would be difficult to show in covid times - may not be successful. (Note, there are a number of other requirements, it's not just 'delays')

If you have real delays you should really try every other avenue such as MP's offices first.

[Hard to comment of course because don't see any specifics of your case here]

Reactions: Vick007

Vick007

Dec 30, 2019
If you need to contact/send anything simply use the email. IRCC ATIP will also contact you if they need anything of you.
I did same. Forgot to attach. They emailed me that it's required + Please sign with ink and attach in email. I did that and request was completed within 2 weeks i believe.

Vick007

Dec 30, 2019
Likely the term that was referred to was "writ of mandamus."

It is a complex and tricky legal procedure with very limited application, only in extremely specific circumstances. And it will probably be expensive with low likelihood of success, and high burden of 'proof' on you/the applicant to demonstrate that what is being done (or not done) is something they must do under law and are effectively withholding it from you.

If you search for writ of mandamus canada immigration you will see some cases/firms trying to use this. But unless your file is truly exceptionally delayed - which would be difficult to show in covid times - may not be successful. (Note, there are a number of other requirements, it's not just 'delays')

If you have real delays you should really try every other avenue such as MP's offices first.

[Hard to comment of course because don't see any specifics of your case here]
Thank you @armoured for explaining thoroughly. This really calmed me down. You know when your own representative scares you that it's too late now you should have gotten the PPR and we should start investigation and file that mandamus, it gives you panic. i guess it's going to be 1 year since the Pre arrival so it's kind of panic situation but as you mentioned, half of that time is due to Covid as well so I am hopeful and wait and let's see what happens.
Thanks once again.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you @armoured for explaining thoroughly. This really calmed me down. You know when your own representative scares you that it's too late now you should have gotten the PPR and we should start investigation and file that mandamus, it gives you panic. i guess it's going to be 1 year since the Pre arrival so it's kind of panic situation but as you mentioned, half of that time is due to Covid as well so I am hopeful and wait and let's see what happens.
Thanks once again.
Look, I want to emphasize, I'm not a lawyer, and I don't want to second-guess your lawyer. And most of all I don't know anything about the specifics of your case - and one year since pre-arrival does seem excessive. But I also don't see how long your file has been going on.

And background is I've heard people in various contexts throw the idea of a Writ of Mandamus around as if it was a magic solution, so I'm a bit skeptical in general whereas at times it really does have its place.

But it's also possible your lawyer is experienced and has done this before successfully in some cases - because government does HAVE to respond to it (as I understand), and perhaps there is a possibility it will 'shake the tree' and get your file loose.

Off the top of my head my thoughts are:
-is your lawyer giving you a good, solid cost estimate? It's one thing if it's just writing a letter/filing but if he/she needs to go to court, well, that gets expensive. (But maybe the strategy is not to go to court)
-have your ordered gcms notes recently? Not only because it would help find out what is happening, but I would _assume_ that's good supporting info for the proposed mandamus.
-if you have got recent gcms notes - what do they tell you about where it's hung up?
-Have you also written your MP, written the minister, called, written whoever you can think of? Those things are "free" if you do them yourself. They also have some chance (even if small) of shaking things loose.

(Even with a filing of a writ of mandamus I'd want to keep the public pressure on - maybe interest a journalist - for the same reasons. It costs govt money to go to court as well so if it's really just a screw-up somewhere, maybe they'll deal with it. But if it's a real issue and not just a bureaucratic screw-up, govt has WAY more money than you.)

Again, not a lawyer, not an expert, but perhaps these thoughts help a bit)