+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hey there, my cousin lives in Canada but he is not my sponsor. I applied under Federal Skill Worker Program. Does he still order them? It's way cheaper.

Would be very appreciated if you guys can help out me.

Elliot Nelson

Jul 24, 2018
Hi there, quick question -- I live in Canada and applied for GCMS notes for permanent residency application under Access to Information Act, instead of Privacy Act, and I also did not attach any documents in my request. Could either of these hinder my application from going through? thanks...

nurgazik

Oct 9, 2018
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada
I believe they have changed the naming and now it is: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

nubEie

Oct 5, 2018
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Requester Information

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
This means most of the candidates for express entry who are (obviously) living outside Canada and are not permanent residents can not order GCMS notes. Is that correct understanding? @Sue2017

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Good morning
I’m in the process of requesting my GCSM . However, facing difficulties
I’m not sure what to pick. Is it
- immigration /citizenship record
Or
-IRCC governing corporate documents

Could you please help?

Reactions: david_gat88

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Good morning
I’m in the process of requesting my GCSM . However, facing difficulties
I’m not sure what to pick. Is it
- immigration /citizenship record
Or
-IRCC governing corporate documents

Could you please help?
It is "immigration and citizenship record"

Did you know since your husband is an inland applicant, he can use the "privacy act" and not pay the fee, it'll take the same amount of time to receive them.

Last edited:

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
It is "immigration and citizenship record"

Did you know since your husband is an inland applicant, he can use the "privacy act" and not pay the fee, it'll take the same amount of time to receive them.
Good morning.
Thanks for the information. I didn’t know you’re on this forum too

Reactions: david_gat88

Mikephoenix

Sep 22, 2018

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Requester Information

Title:
Family Name:
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
Thank you very much for this information Sue2017. Quite acurate and right on. I apprecaite it. We are very frustrated and anxious. We got the pre-arrival letter on October 5, and BGC in process on October 25 after that nothing else. Thank you again

arlhrpkcanada

May 19, 2017
Section 1 :- Correct
Section 2 :- Correct
Section 3 :- if the PA has any dependants.

And yes you’ve to type in all details,print the form,sign with blue ink and scan it and upload it.All the best.
I am a Canadian citizen and want to apply for GCMS notes for my wife. Should I also scanned copy of Canadian passport and upload with consent form. Please guide

Bukzie

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
I
I am a Canadian citizen and want to apply for GCMS notes for my wife. Should I also scanned copy of Canadian passport and upload with consent form. Please guide
I believe so. Since you are not the principal applicant, she will need to fill and sign the consent form.

NLSVM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
I requested the notes and never got it. I emailed them and they replied that my request was overdue and they were waiting for VO response. Four months has passed since I requested.

userM

Apr 2, 2018
I am an il-land applicant and was ordering GCMS notes to check the status of my application. I am confused about these 2 options; What should I choose?

Which specific information are you looking for?:

1. The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC
  2. Status Update of File/Reasons for Refusal/Officer's Electronic Notes