+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

Nessac

Dec 29, 2017
Section 1 :- Correct
Section 2 :- Correct
Section 3 :- if the PA has any dependants.

And yes you’ve to type in all details,print the form,sign with blue ink and scan it and upload it.All the best.
Thank you soooooo much!!!

Reactions: AF1227

moyaeng

Mar 15, 2017
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
I submitted an application for PR through express entry profile for myself and my husband (as dependent to me). Medical passed in May 1st. On June 5th, we were asked to submit our CVs, .I would like to request GCMS for myself and my husband. I want to know
in section 1 , should I put my own information as designated representative?
in section 2, my own information as applicant name?
in section 2.1 my husband name as dependent?

any input is appreciated.

Feb 12, 2018
England
I’m thinking of getting my partner to order notes

I’m Outland January 15th 2018 app

We not heard anything since March 19th , my partner still has had paperwork to say he’s been approve to sponsor and i still haven’t had a medical request. When we phone they say everything is still processing and no request have been made and they received my sch A and PPC .

Do you think now is the time to request notes ?

Reactions: kiki-ola

nasar_peace

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Dear Friends,
Could you please explain the below:
Activity/Sub activity: Biographic

New Value: Submit-delayed
Info Sharing: Complete "
Is it regarding security screening?
I'll be grateful.
Sincerely,
Nasar

Hope81

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Hi
I applied for GCMS notes but forgot to upload proof of identification like passport
My question is
Would IRCC consider my request?
Anybody who has same situation?
Thanks

Last edited:

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi
I applied for GCMS notes but forgot to upload proof of identification like passport
My question is
Would IRCC consider my request?
Anybody who has same situation?
Thanks
When we applied for GCMS notes we attached an older version of consent form by accident and then a few days later my husband (sponsor) received an email asking to send them a newer updated consent form from PA within 30 days in order to receive the notes. So they might as well just ask you to email them your proof of identification.

Reactions: Hope81

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Hi
I am from India and I want to order ATIP for my case which got refused on 17th November 2017.
My consultant is charging a hefty amount of fees to order that but I read on CIC website that if someone is in Canada on work permit, he is eligible to apply on the behalf of principal applicant?
Is this true...can nu friend who is there on work permit apply for the notes on my behalf?
Thanks in advance!

NPRA

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi,
When is the right time to order GCMS notes. My file was transferred to colombo Vo on 08th May. But nothing after that. As per gckey my Background check hasnt started and i havent received a med req yet. Can someone plz let me know whether its worth to order gcms notes now or should i wait for a while. Thanks for your guidance.

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
When is the right time to order GCMS notes. My file was transferred to colombo Vo on 08th May. But nothing after that. As per gckey my Background check hasnt started and i havent received a med req yet. Can someone plz let me know whether its worth to order gcms notes now or should i wait for a while. Thanks for your guidance.
What is your AOR date?
Order after 3 to 4 months after of File transfer
Thanks

Reactions: NPRA

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
What should I put for the following question? "Status update of files" is not available now (08-AUG-2018)

*What type of record would you like to request?

Screen Shot: https://imgur.com/a/Sb8A57P

Thanks in advance

Zhindouki

Aug 27, 2018
Hi everyone.

I'm about to order my notes, i found my sponsor (a family member in Canada)

I wanted to know if he is require to the web application by himself (throught a Canadian IP adress i mean) or can i do it myself from my country and request from him his bank information to proceed to payment from here ?

Please advise.
Zaki.

Elenyan

May 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-05-2018
Med's Done....
09-05-2018
Hi guys! Do any of you know what Information sharing on GCMS notes means?

samuelrajsrinivasan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hello, In my case I am the Primary applicant and spouse and kid are dependents, IMM5744 form requests signature from my wife too but she is out of town and am alreadu close to 60 days past AOR. I am processing my PR and my family will join later so can i Just add my name alone and request GCMS or is it misrepresentation if I don't include my dependents in IMM5744.
#urgent help guys!!