+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to good fingerprints Notarized for Certification of Good Conduct (U.A.E.)

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey Everyone,

This is my first post here and I apologize in advance if this question has been previously asked. I created the EE profile and was going through the list of documents required if I get an ITA. I've lived in Dubai, U.A.E. prior to them implementing the Emirates ID system and then I left to the US for education and now work. To make a long story short, I was wondering how everyone on here were getting their finger prints notarized ? As in the state that I reside, none of the finger print agencies including the police department don't notarize finger prints. I know they don't notarize the actual finger print card, so is there another document / certificate that I have to ask the notary to actually notarize or how does this work ?

I'd appreciate if someone can provide any insight on this, as I haven't been able to find this information anywhere, I even called the UAE Embassy in DC and they didn't know what needed to be done.

Thanks

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
It is a very long process. Here in Canada, I got finger prints from police station then attestation from Notary public lawyer here. Then send to foreign affairs ministry in Ottawa for authentication and send to UAE embassy for attestation. Then send to UAE police thro some UAE agent for PCC. It is costly and very time consuming.

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
ttrajan said:
It is a very long process. Here in Canada, I got finger prints from police station then attestation from Notary public lawyer here. Then send to foreign affairs ministry in Ottawa for authentication and send to UAE embassy for attestation. Then send to UAE police thro some UAE agent for PCC. It is costly and very time consuming.
Thanks for your response, when you say attestation from Notary public lawyer, what was the document that they attested ? Was it the finger print card itself or was it another certificate / document that they stamp. If it is another certificate / document where do I get this from or was this provided by the lawyer ?

Thanks

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
On the finger prints card itself. Just check with your local notary public lawyer, they knew the procedures.

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
ttrajan said:
On the finger prints card itself. Just check with your local notary public lawyer, they knew the procedures.
From the finger print card at the police department there was no section for a notarize stamp. Although I got a notary to put a stamp on it, but when I sent it to the Division of Corporations Clifton Building, Apostille Section in FL, they said they couldn't validate the card because there wasn't an oath of confirmation from the notary. Is there any website that I can use to find a Notary Public Lawyer in my area ? All I find are places that provide notary services, but when I ask them to notarize the actual finger prints they say they don't do that. So I'm not sure what needs to be done.

Also, did you have an Emirates ID or not ? I see that a former Emirates ID is a requirement, so how do I go about getting the Good conduct certificate without a former Emirates ID.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
I don,t have UAE I'd. I submitted UAE visa copy and copy of my passport and photos.

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
ttrajan said:
I don,t have UAE I'd. I submitted UAE visa copy and copy of my passport and photos.
I see, so are all notaries the same or are notary public lawyers different from a person who can legally notarize a document ? Like I said most places by me that offer notary services don't notarize finger prints.

samsan

Jul 18, 2015
ttrajan said:
Hi ttrajan

I have been searching for someone who got UAE PCC while in canada and I found this thread.Could you please direct me in this matter.I got my finger print forms notarised. Now I want to send it for authentication and legalisation to UAE Embasy. Did you use service from any consultancy ...I am living in toronto .Can you suggest any consultancy for this . Also could you let me know the UAE agent you contacted for PCC .I have no one in UAE and have to use the help of any agent/consultancy.Also can you please let me know how much do they charge / how long will the process take. Please advise.

Thanks

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Re: How to get fingerprints Notarized for Certification of Good Conduct (U.A.E.)

samsan said:
Hi ttrajan

I have been searching for someone who got UAE PCC while in canada and I found this thread.Could you please direct me in this matter.I got my finger print forms notarised. Now I want to send it for authentication and legalisation to UAE Embasy. Did you use service from any consultancy ...I am living in toronto .Can you suggest any consultancy for this . Also could you let me know the UAE agent you contacted for PCC .I have no one in UAE and have to use the help of any agent/consultancy.Also can you please let me know how much do they charge / how long will the process take. Please advise.

Thanks
I know it's been a while, but I'm posting an update here on how I acquired this, hopefully it helps someone out there. I actually made a trip to Dubai, U.A.E. and got this done, it took only 3 days for this. I had to submit my current visit visa copy, the last old residential visa copy I was on before I left the country, 2 passport pics, current passport copy and the fees. They took my finger prints there, at the CID General Headquarters. 3 days later I got the Good Conduct Certificate.

For those that can't make a trip there, I guess there are a couple of options. There's a finger print card on the Dubai Police website, so you could try getting your finger prints done on that card and sending them over to a friend in Dubai with your additional documents. Your friend could ask what the actual requirements are to go through with the process. If you don't have anyone there to go in person, then you could try calling their Customer Service line and explain your situation to them and ask them how can you go about acquiring the Good Conduct Police Certificate. If you are calling from abroad, make sure you emphasize that you can't show up in person, so what is the procedure to provide finger prints if any.

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks!

maple17

Feb 8, 2017
Dear Helios24,

I am applying to the Canada express entry immigration and it's been very helpful to read your thread. I also lived in the UAE before coming to study and work in the US and am currently trying to get a certificate of good conduct from the UAE. I got my fingerprint card form completed in the current state I reside in, but similarly to your situation, when I have taken the card to local notaries they are not accepting to notarize the card. I am not sure how to proceed. I know you mentioned that you ended up going to the UAE and the process took about a few days but I am not sure if I can do so. Is there any other way to go about it? Even if I ask a friend there how can I get my fingerprints attested in the US before sending them to the UAE?

I would appreciate getting your advice from the experience you went through last year. Thanks.

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
maple17 said:
Dear Helios24,

I am applying to the Canada express entry immigration and it's been very helpful to read your thread. I also lived in the UAE before coming to study and work in the US and am currently trying to get a certificate of good conduct from the UAE. I got my fingerprint card form completed in the current state I reside in, but similarly to your situation, when I have taken the card to local notaries they are not accepting to notarize the card. I am not sure how to proceed. I know you mentioned that you ended up going to the UAE and the process took about a few days but I am not sure if I can do so. Is there any other way to go about it? Even if I ask a friend there how can I get my fingerprints attested in the US before sending them to the UAE?

I would appreciate getting your advice from the experience you went through last year. Thanks.
Hey Maple17,

I hope someone who has been through this process in a similar situation can assist you better as I made a trip to Dubai, U.A.E to accomplish this.

There may have been updates to the procedure in Dubai since I did this, as I did it back in 2015. So firstly, I would suggest making yourself aware of any changes to the process. I think a good way to approach this, would be to ask a friend to visit the CID Headquarters and ask them what you need to provide them with in order to get the Good Conduct Certificate / PCC.

From what I remember, the Dubai Police website has the finger print card on their website, which I guess you will need to print out and get your finger prints taken on that. There are a couple of mobile finger print agencies, so you can call them and ask if they can accommodate such a request. I don't think this has to be notarized since you are sending it to Dubai, unless Dubai Police asks for it to be notarized.

If you absolutely need to get it notarized, if you're working in a company you may want to check if there's a certified notary there, all they need to do is stamp your document and sign on it. Again, I'm not sure you need this since you're sending it to Dubai, but in case you do.

Along with your fingerprints, you will need to send copies of your previous U.A.E visa copies and passport pictures, Emirates ID(Only if you have one, optional otherwise). Again, your friend would probably be the best source of updated information of what's required once they ask for info at the CID headquarters. You could probably call them as well, and explain the situation just to expedite it.

Hope this helps you, good luck!

maple17

Feb 8, 2017
Hi Helios24,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me.

I will take all the steps you mentioned. My concern is that since UAE embassy in DC is asking for fingerprints to be authenticated and legalized before sending them to the UAE then I will have to try and get them notarized. I will see what I can do. And you're right I will ask about any new procedures locally in Dubai first. Fingers crossed I can get it all done in time.
It's also interesting to know that there is a difference between (standard) notary services and a Notary Public. I'm guessing the second is like an attorney. I had no idea there was any distinction there. Thanks a lot again for the informative post!

eagleeye_a

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
The signature of the police officer taking the fingerprints has to be notarized first. A "notary public" can do this, but they need to be present when the form is signed. Look for a "notary public" in your area. (I could be wrong, but i think you have to have your fingerprints taken at your local police station). For more info check with the secretary of state in your state.(thats the best sorce of "first step" info about notarizing/authenticating)

You said that the foreign country needs the fingerprints authenticated by their embassy? Check with the embassy what they need before they can authenticate, then check what the next department needs, etc...until you get all the steps/info.

I would suspect that the secretary of state(of the state you are in) and then the department of state would have to authenticate your form before the embassy can.

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
maple17 said:
Hi Helios24,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me.

I will take all the steps you mentioned. My concern is that since UAE embassy in DC is asking for fingerprints to be authenticated and legalized before sending them to the UAE then I will have to try and get them notarized. I will see what I can do. And you're right I will ask about any new procedures locally in Dubai first. Fingers crossed I can get it all done in time.
It's also interesting to know that there is a difference between (standard) notary services and a Notary Public. I'm guessing the second is like an attorney. I had no idea there was any distinction there. Thanks a lot again for the informative post!
Maple17, in your case since you're going through the embassy, the procedure may be a bit different where you may need to get it notarized as opposed to sending it to a friend. However, you can try companies such as this http://www.a24hournotary.com/fingerprinting.

Additionally, you should try asking the UAE embassy what the requirements are and maybe they could direct you as well. You could ask them where can you get finger prints done and notarized in order to send to the embassy. Since it's a service they provide, they may be able to better guide you.

Good Luck!