+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to good fingerprints Notarized for Certification of Good Conduct (U.A.E.)

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
eagleeye_a said:
The signature of the police officer taking the fingerprints has to be notarized first. A "notary public" can do this, but they need to be present when the form is signed. Look for a "notary public" in your area. (I could be wrong, but i think you have to have your fingerprints taken at your local police station). For more info check with the secretary of state in your state.(thats the best sorce of "first step" info about notarizing/authenticating)

You said that the foreign country needs the fingerprints authenticated by their embassy? Check with the embassy what they need before they can authenticate, then check what the next department needs, etc...until you get all the steps/info.

I would suspect that the secretary of state(of the state you are in) and then the department of state would have to authenticate your form before the embassy can.
Some good information on there, although it is essential to ask the UAE embassy first if the local police card on which finger prints are taken will be accepted to use for PCC from UAE. Even if it is accepted, most local police stations won't have a notary on sight so you may want to ask them first.

I think some UPS stores do finger printing and notary services, so if they do and the UAE embassy accepts this, then you can get it done there.

eagleeye_a

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
I suggest you find out all the info before running around(like i did for a similar thing) :)

There was a notary public service in my area. They agreed to meet me at a place and time of my chosing to notarize someones signature.

Just remember that you are NOT notarizing the form, NOR YOUR signature. Its the other person's (in your case the police officers) signature which has to be notarized.

maple17

Feb 8, 2017
Thank you for all your answers and kind help!

@Eagleeye_1: Yes you are right about the steps, I did call the embassy and the state department and confirmed. I have to get fingerprint card notarized, then certified by Secretary of State, then Department of State, then Embassy. I did take my fingerprints at a local police station where they were signed, but there wasn't any notary there. My issue is that local notaries are not accepting to notarize the document itself, saying that could be an "alteration" to the fingerprint card. So it's hard to move forward with the remaining steps when I can't even get through the first :) I will try to locate a Notary Public and see if I could hopefully get a different result.

@Helios_24: The UAE Embassy staff themselves advise that you send your documents to a friend there as to speed up the process. However you can't send the fingerprint card without notarization or certification (I believe even if you take it on a Dubai fingerprint card). As long as I am not there in the UAE in person, they have to have proof that the fingerprint card is really mine. So I believe I will either have to figure it out somehow with a Notary Public (I will try to find a similar organization to the one you sent, thanks) - or if it really becomes too difficult see if I can make a trip to Dubai like you did.

I will continue asking around. Thank you both so much again!

maple17

Feb 8, 2017
Hi, I wanted to post an update about getting fingerprints legalized from the US. It turned out to be very complicated to get it done from the state I'm currently in, so I went to Washington DC last week and got a new fingerprint card filled (ink this time) then notarized, then certified by secretary of state, then authenticated by the state department. Now I have to mail it to UAE Embassy for legalization and after this happens I hope I can finally send the documents to the UAE! Seems like a long process.

I just had a couple of more questions please. I no longer have Emirates ID with me- is that Ok? Also, If I want to send the documents to a friend in the UAE to apply for the certificate of good conduct on my behalf, can I just include a letter authorizing my friend to do so? Do I need to certify the letter or get power of attorney or something? I would appreciate it if anyone knows about this.

Also, regarding the education requirements, if I obtained a WES report already, is it enough to include copies of academic degrees? Do the copies need to be attested or anything to prove they're originals?

Thank you!

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Maple17 and other members.. I am in the same boat. I m in Texas and they are not authenticating fd-258 card. Would really appreciate if you can guide me how to go about it. I cant travel to Dubai for the same. I need help with following details -

1. I want to know which fingerprint card do i need to use - the one on the dubai police website (printing on a4 sheet) or fd-258 (no one is notarizing the same) :(
2. Do I need to do it in Police station or some fingerprinting agency can also do it? Dubai form says it has to be done in police station and they dont accept the form from other agencies.
3. If I take it on dubai police form will this be authenticated by secreatry of state as this has not been done on fd-258?

Would really appreciate your help.

alienme

Jul 1, 2017
I live in Texas and have just started looking into the process of getting a UAE police certificate. I lived there before they started the Emirates ID. maddyraja, were you able to get the fingerprint card certified/notarized in Texas itself?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
I live in Texas and have just started looking into the process of getting a UAE police certificate. I lived there before they started the Emirates ID. maddyraja, were you able to get the fingerprint card certified/notarized in Texas itself?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Yes though I got it right in 3rd time :( . Problem is they dont notarize if it is not signed in their presence. So, u need to go to look for mobile notary service in your area and take them along to the fingerprint location. They should notarize the signature of the person who has taken your fingerprints. They dont need to notarize you. I had my fingerprints taken on the dubai police fingerprint card which I had downloaded from dubai police website. Then I took that form to the police station and called a mobile notary service provider too over there at that time. She then mistakenly notarized my sign and fingerprints which was sent back by SOS, texas saying that person who took fingerprints, that person has to be notarized.

I got the fingerprint card stamped from the police station, from the notary and included a notarial acknowledgement certificate with that telling that Mr.X has signed in the presence of notary. Hope it helps. Please let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks.

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
You can try to obtain your pcc by sending your document copies through the online portal of the Dubai police. The portal does not ask for finger print. It identifies if you are applying from outside uae and asks you to upload your passport copy and last uae residence visa copy.

alienme

Jul 1, 2017
Yes though I got it right in 3rd time :( . Problem is they dont notarize if it is not signed in their presence. So, u need to go to look for mobile notary service in your area and take them along to the fingerprint location. They should notarize the signature of the person who has taken your fingerprints. They dont need to notarize you. I had my fingerprints taken on the dubai police fingerprint card which I had downloaded from dubai police website. Then I took that form to the police station and called a mobile notary service provider too over there at that time. She then mistakenly notarized my sign and fingerprints which was sent back by SOS, texas saying that person who took fingerprints, that person has to be notarized.

I got the fingerprint card stamped from the police station, from the notary and included a notarial acknowledgement certificate with that telling that Mr.X has signed in the presence of notary. Hope it helps. Please let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks.
Thanks, I'll try the same!

alienme

Jul 1, 2017
You can try to obtain your pcc by sending your document copies through the online portal of the Dubai police. The portal does not ask for finger print. It identifies if you are applying from outside uae and asks you to upload your passport copy and last uae residence visa copy.
The portal says that the biometric copy is required and has a mailing address (P.O. Box).

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Right, on that page the Biometric Card Photocopy is required -- click on that, and it takes you to instructions on fingerprinting, notarizing, authentication by home embassy and the address to which the fingerprints must be sent.
Yup, you are absolutely right, I missed that and I stand corrected.

alienme

Jul 1, 2017
FYI I went to the Round Rock, TX police department to get fingerprinted. I took the Dubai fingerprint form that I printed off their web site. There are notaries at the Round Rock, TX police department. I wasn't carrying a notarial certificate letter at the time I was fingerprinted; I got the fingerprint form signed by the technician and stamped by the police department. I confirmed I'd be able to get his signature notarized later. I returned later in the day to get the signature on the form and the letter of notarial acknowledgement, signed and stamped by the notary. The letter stated that Mr. X who took the fingerprints signed the form. I took the fingerprint card and notarial letter to the Secretary of State this morning to get them certified (walk-in). I have mailed the finger print form, notarial letter and letter from the Secretary of State of Texas to the Department of State in VA. It didn't cause me much grief, thanks to your help!

Last edited:

samuel007

Feb 4, 2018
Hi all.. thanks for all the useful info here. I have a question for anyone who has completed this process. I got my fingerprint card (FD-258) authenticated by my State and it is ready to be sent to US Secretary of State at the Sterling VA mailing address. All authentications so far are on separate sheets and nothing is stamped on the fingerprint card.

My questions are:
1. On the DS-4194 what do I specify on the document type? Is it Fingerprint Card OR the certificate provided by the State? What is it that they authenticate?
2. Should there be any authentication stamp on the fingerprint card for the UAE embassy/consulate to accept it?

Thanks in advance!