IELTS Request
N.A.
File Transfer...
15th Jan, 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
28th feb, 2013
I am planning to land in mid october. The problem is that my Driving License which was issued in the year 1992 expired two months back. Now I have renewed it and the issue date is 08th September, 2012. As it will not be more than six months old when i will be landing in Canada what should i do. What will be the options available to me. I will be landing in Ontario province.

LILOLME

Apr 17, 2012
HI Everyone.

Great info on the driving liscence here!!... We just landed in Toronto and its great!!!. Getting a job is turning out to be a little difficult but then it was expected and the hst also takes a little getting used to . Thanks Qorax and everybody on this forum for all the information. Every :Dtime i have a doubt about something I come here and it gets sorted :D. Does anybody know any good driving instructors or schools that I can go to. I have all my papers to get my G liscence but I dont have any driving experience here and I want a trustworthy instructor.Also does anybody have any info on the driving insurance here ... do we get a discount if we get a certificate from a driving school. the insurance is so expensive here I dont know what to do. Please help !! any advise will be really helpful

thanks in advance !

smilekumar

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Hi,

Take a letter of authentication or driving history record for where u got ur license. On this letter, they will mention when was ur license first issued and its expiry and any police record info. Since its was only renewal, they should have all the previous data. Hope this might be of some help to u.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
LILOLME said:
HI Everyone.

Great info on the driving liscence here!!... We just landed in Toronto and its great!!!. Getting a job is turning out to be a little difficult but then it was expected and the hst also takes a little getting used to . Thanks Qorax and everybody on this forum for all the information. Every :Dtime i have a doubt about something I come here and it gets sorted :D. Does anybody know any good driving instructors or schools that I can go to. I have all my papers to get my G liscence but I dont have any driving experience here and I want a trustworthy instructor.Also does anybody have any info on the driving insurance here ... do we get a discount if we get a certificate from a driving school. the insurance is so expensive here I dont know what to do. Please help !! any advise will be really helpful

thanks in advance !
qorax said:
There off course r many, other members can chip in... our's (and our friends-circle's) go by the name: "Singh" [no other first or last name]
His Cell No. is: +1-416-277-0065

Qorax

V

vidya

+1 416-738-6808. Mr. Shabbir is a excellent tutor. ( Scare .. borough) area. ;D

LILOLME

Apr 17, 2012
Thank you so much. I'm gonna give them a call :). Also can they give me a drivers ed certificate for the insurance discount? will I really have to sit for 20 hrs of in class training :(

jainanshal

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-09-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
19-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
LILOLME said:
Thank you so much. I'm gonna give them a call :). Also can they give me a drivers ed certificate for the insurance discount? will I really have to sit for 20 hrs of in class training :(
Yes, you'll need to be in the class for 20 hrs and over that there's also 10 hrs for home assignment included in the Defensive driving course. If you'r in Mississauga and want to do the whole course, check out Procity driving school (search google for details).
There's a promotion going on where they are asking for $289+taxes (~ $325) for the whole course. I have no clue how they will be but I am also planning to start with them for this weekend as that's cheapest rate i could find for the whole course :)
If anyone has any experience with Procity driving school, plz do share..

abhia145

Sep 5, 2012
abhia145 said:
Al Ghulam (416-854-3567) helped me getting G in my first try. Awesome instructor :D He's based in Don Mills!
Sorry guys..the right number is (647) 818 - 9285. Sorry about that!

LILOLME

Apr 17, 2012
jainanshal said:
Yes, you'll need to be in the class for 20 hrs and over that there's also 10 hrs for home assignment included in the Defensive driving course. If you'r in Mississauga and want to do the whole course, check out Procity driving school (search google for details).
There's a promotion going on where they are asking for $289+taxes (~ $325) for the whole course. I have no clue how they will be but I am also planning to start with them for this weekend as that's cheapest rate i could find for the whole course :)
If anyone has any experience with Procity driving school, plz do share..
Any updates on the driving school?

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
abhia145 said:
Sorry guys..the right number is (647) 818 - 9285. Sorry about that!
Hi, congrats on getting your G license. By the way, which test center you selected for your G road test?

jainanshal

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-09-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
19-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
LILOLME said:
Any updates on the driving school?
I went ahead and registered with them for the MTO approved 40 hr Defensive Driving Course. I have completed the in class session part and will start with driving lessons later this week. I would say they are ok, in class sessions were fine, nothing great but no issues as well.
Also, i feel while its good that somebody tells you the rules and discusses various practical on road situations, real learning comes with the driving lessons only. I think they have tied up with few independent instructors as they assign instructors to all the students initially and then you need to individually coordinate with your instructor for the driving lessons, but you don't need to pay the instructors as you have already the full course fee.

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Any idea how many days it takes for getting G2 as i a planning for a short landing.
i have dubai license (more than 24 months old)
one more thing what they do in vision test (color blindness test also in vision test like uae??)
thanks

jainanshal

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-09-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
19-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
ummi said:
Any idea how many days it takes for getting G2 as i a planning for a short landing.
i have dubai license (more than 24 months old)
one more thing what they do in vision test (color blindness test also in vision test like uae??)
thanks
I don't think you have mentioned the province for which you need the info. All of the following info is for ON.

First you'll need to get G1, which will take an hour or more (depending on the center you choose and the number of people that day). If you are able to get full credit for your Dubai license, you may give G2/G road test immediately (your choice). Now there are 2 factors which will determine when can you give the road test to obtain G2 license;
1. How long you take to get accustomed to the driving conditions here and be ready to take the test.
2. What earliest test date you may get. If you book yourself, i guess its a month's waiting at almost every center or you may book thru an instructor/driving school and they may get you an earlier date.

Yes, they check for color blindness as well during the vision check.

Hope this helps..