+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Get Canadian Driving License -for Newcomers

MasterBlaster

Sep 30, 2012
Hi all last Friday I passed my G driving test. I took the test at Victoria Park centre. I had taken the letter ffrom Dubai-RTA and the authorities allowed to appear for G directly. In between, I took 3 classes of one hour each to get an idea of local driving rules

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
MasterBlaster said:
Hi all last Friday I passed my G driving test. I took the test at Victoria Park centre. I had taken the letter ffrom Dubai-RTA and the authorities allowed to appear for G directly. In between, I took 3 classes of one hour each to get an idea of local driving rules
Many congrats. I am also appearing for my G road test at the same center in a couple of weeks time. What time slot you selected for the test? What was the test route? Can you also share what kind of things examiner asked you to do? (e.g. three point turn, parallel parking, uphill, downhill, etc).

Thanks.

MasterBlaster

Sep 30, 2012
ja77 said:
Many congrats. I am also appearing for my G road test at the same center in a couple of weeks time. What time slot you selected for the test? What was the test route? Can you also share what kind of things examiner asked you to do? (e.g. three point turn, parallel parking, uphill, downhill, etc).

Thanks.
Will call you tomorrow

djskynet

Oct 3, 2012
Hi All,

I just moved to Toronto from France and need to get an ontario's driving licence. I was just wondering if I can do that exchange at a Service Ontario or I would have to go to a DriveTest. Since there is none downtown, it would be easier to do it a a Service Ontario

Thanks

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
Dear All,

I currently have a UAE drviving liscence, but living in KSA... the thing is i'm afraid to exchange my UAE one with KSA driving liscence and wouldn't be able to get a certificate that indicate years of experience driving in KSA, as i don't think i can get this service here in KSA

note that i don't have any more a valid UAE residence visa, thus i can't get this certificate from UAE!!

pls throw some light on this issue.

Many thanks

Hassan09

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
Just send photo copy to someone in abu dahbi, police dept will issue certificate on the spot, this is for abu dahbai, I dont know about dubai
hassan09 said:
Dear All,

I currently have a UAE drviving liscence, but living in KSA... the thing is i'm afraid to exchange my UAE one with KSA driving liscence and wouldn't be able to get a certificate that indicate years of experience driving in KSA, as i don't think i can get this service here in KSA

note that i don't have any more a valid UAE residence visa, thus i can't get this certificate from UAE!!

pls throw some light on this issue.

Many thanks

Hassan09

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
khalid h said:
Just send photo copy to someone in abu dahbi, police dept will issue certificate on the spot, this is for abu dahbai, I dont know about dubai
Great!!

Thanks for the info, Does it have to hold a validity period. so its accepted in canada?? (i.e can i request it now and use it next year??)

BR

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asif1532 said:
Does international license issued from Pakistan will be of any credit in Vancouver
Yes, it can save you the trouble of going through the 2 years graduated drivers license program where for the first year, you would as a beginner only be allowed to drive with a fully licensed adult at your side.

You need to get your license translated by an approved translator.

For BC, see http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/moving-bc/moving-dl/other_most and http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/moving-bc/driving-experience

vinpar

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
all sent with the initial file
Med's Request
cleared
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Issued March
LANDED..........
May- June hopefully
hello all,
good luck in settling in canada.
Wanted to pass on - I had pretty good exp with this driving instructor. If you need follow up directly. 9055982300. Brampton and mississauga.

cheers,

amineae80

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
charlottetown- canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
Hi all,
My wife just landed and she has with her international driving license from Indonesia. My question is can she drive right away before processing the PEI driving license? Any comments would be appreciate. Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amineae80 said:
Hi all,
My wife just landed and she has with her international driving license from Indonesia. My question is can she drive right away before processing the PEI driving license? Any comments would be appreciate. Thanks
According to http://www.gov.pe.ca/tir/index.php3?number=20138&lang=E she may drive on PEI with her license for up to 4 months after she became a resident.

CurtisBaker

Oct 24, 2012
It is fair to have a driving license before sitting in the driver's seat in Canada . You are required a passport size photo and an address proof to submit this application to provincial motor vehicle branch, once you have obtained make sure you renew it on a regular basis over a period of six months.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CurtisBaker said:
It is fair to have a driving license before sitting in the driver's seat in Canada . You are required a passport size photo and an address proof to submit this application to provincial motor vehicle branch, once you have obtained make sure you renew it on a regular basis over a period of six months.
This is only applicable to PEI, right?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
This is only applicable to PEI, right?
I do not know who this user is or where he gets his info because you do certainly not have to renew your DL every 6 months in PEI. Go to the link I posted above. It says that a learners license is valid for 2 years and a regular license is valid for 3.