+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Get Canadian Driving License -for Newcomers

MMMPPP

Feb 22, 2016
PM48633 said:
Hi binny8,

In Mumbai you can get the licence letter.
You need to go to RTO Andheri W and catch hold of any agent or through any motor training school in your area the letter is called Licence extract.
All it says is that the licence is issued to --- from ---date to --- date and it mentions that there is no traffic violations found on our record.
This is the only letter that they issue hence I think this should suffice as it has the details of our licence and the start date and the end date and that no offences are found. it does not talk of any driving experience which they do not give in Mumbai.

Regards,
Pm48633
Hi Pm48633,

Do you know how we can get the letter in Gujarat? I'm not sure who to visit or where to even go to get such a letter. I already got my IDP.

thanks

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Anyone here is/was residing in Oman ?

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Anyone knows how to get the particular letter/abstract/experience letter from UP RTO? these guys freaking dont have any idea about it and DELHI RTO giving the particular letter in like only Rs50/-

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hi,
I only have my original driving license of my home country, no letter from authority
Can I present it alone as proof of 24 months of experience?
Thank you

masruraa

Oct 26, 2014
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014
Nomination.....
18-2-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
Med's Request
12-05-2016
Med's Done....
15-05-2016
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
Does anybody know how we can get the letter of authentication of driving experience over 24 months from Dhaka, Bangladesh. Also the driver's license in Bangladesh is in English so I won't need to do any translation but would I need an international drivers license too?

Bhaktapur

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 8 years old driving license in Nepal and planning to move next month in Montreal. Can you share your experience how to get driving liscense in Montreal?

Rajian

Aug 3, 2016
Hello All,

Can someone help me by sending the exact language needed in the Authentication Letter from the RTO. I live in Saraswati Vihar, New Delhi.

My area RTO is at Wazir Pur Depot and no one knows about what has to be mentioned in the letter.

I am planning to move in December' 2016.

Regards,

tjdj

May 30, 2016
Rajian said:
Hello All,

Can someone help me by sending the exact language needed in the Authentication Letter from the RTO. I live in Saraswati Vihar, New Delhi.

My area RTO is at Wazir Pur Depot and no one knows about what has to be mentioned in the letter.

I am planning to move in December' 2016.

Regards,
Abhishek901 said:
Hi friends,

I am landing in Toronto in Aug. Would request if someone could guide me on getting Driving License extract from Delhi. I tried to google but couldn't get any relevant information.

My DL was issued in 2006 and is valid till 2026. It is in English. I also got myself the IDP a couple of days back. It doesn't talk about my driving experience either.

How do we approach the RTO for DL extract? Is there any procedure/forms to get it or is it an ad hoc letter?

The driving license extract is easily available from your respective RTO in Delhi. I just got it a few days back. They charge Rs. 50 for the extract. Just write a normal application asking for the extract, go to the transport inspector's office in the RTO, he will sign the application, then go to the cash counter with the signed application and your DL and pay Rs. 50 and get the relevant receipt, the cashier will then tell you about the counter no. that you have to go to for the extract. At that counter they would search the records and get the printout for the same, then you take this printout to the inspector again and he would stamp and sign it.
It is nothing but a printout showing their records pertaining to your DL with information like the issue and expiry date, address and class of vehicle etc. and it would then be stamped and signed by the transport inspector.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Any Syrians try to get their license. There is no way my husband can get "Written confirmation is an original letter from the original licensing agency (such as the ministry of transportation in your country or state), or from the Embassy, Consulate, or High Commissioner's offices representing the country"

He does have his old license though, (of course its expired)

Is it just better for him to apply as a new drivers? He has over 5 years of driving experience.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masriixo said:
Any Syrians try to get their license. There is no way my husband can get "Written confirmation is an original letter from the original licensing agency (such as the ministry of transportation in your country or state), or from the Embassy, Consulate, or High Commissioner's offices representing the country"

He does have his old license though, (of course its expired)

Is it just better for him to apply as a new drivers? He has over 5 years of driving experience.
Depending on the province, he can try to explain the situation and hope they consider the issue date of his license. Worst case, they would allow him to take the basic road test and give him a GDL license which means he may drive alone but with a few restrictions. Unless he wants to get a taxi or a truck license, a GDL license will be fine for every day needs.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Leon said:
Depending on the province, he can try to explain the situation and hope they consider the issue date of his license. Worst case, they would allow him to take the basic road test and give him a GDL license which means he may drive alone but with a few restrictions. Unless he wants to get a taxi or a truck license, a GDL license will be fine for every day needs.
I would just want him to drive my car if there was an emergency. And then maybe later on when we are more settled he can buy his own car.
Let's hope Service Ontario has a heart!

One more stupid question. Can a GDL license eventually become a regular G license?

Hasan2014

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
Nomination.....
3rd Oct 2014
AOR Received.
10th Nov 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
7th Oct 2015
Med's Done....
10th Oct 2015
Passport Req..
29th Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 10
LANDED..........
InshAllah
IMPORTANT Info for Bangladeshi people who wish to get Letter of Proof of driving license:

Those who wish to get Letter of Proof of your driving license from BRTA pls do not go for any broker. Its very easy and costs only 138tk and takes only 3 to 5 working days. Do the following:

1. Go to BRTA office at Mirpur.
2. Go to room number 112 of building 1. Ask them what to do. They will suggest you to deposit 138 taka in Brac Bank booth inside BRTA.
3. In booth ask them to deposit 138tk. They will keep one photocopy of your license.
4. Submit the following to Room number 112
a. a written application to Assistant Director, BRTA
b. 2 clear photocopies of your license and
c. the bank deposit slip
(You will need at least 2 hrs to complete these steps)
5. You will get a date after 3/5 days.
6. Collect your document after 4pm on the mentioned day. (Be there just before 4 pm as they will issue the letter and get corrected from you. after that they will give final print. This process will need at least 1 hr.)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masriixo said:
I would just want him to drive my car if there was an emergency. And then maybe later on when we are more settled he can buy his own car.
Let's hope Service Ontario has a heart!

One more stupid question. Can a GDL license eventually become a regular G license?
Yes, if he gets to take the basic road test and gets a G2 license, he can drive on that for a year and then challenge the advanced road test for a G license.

February2016

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
Driving Experience: More Than 2 Years in the Last 3 Years

Exchange your licence for a full Ontario Class G licence.
No road test required.
Present a valid driver’s licence, or one that has been expired for less than one year.
If indicated in the list above, provide a driver’s history or abstract to confirm the status of your licence and length of driving experience.

Is this some changes? Are they saying we can get full G right away?