Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Raj04 said:
Thanks for your prompt reply Qorax...

If I ask them to affix my pp size picture on the letter... that will suffice the requirement.

Rgds,Raj.
Yes.

lilmaple

Nov 26, 2010
qorax said:
REMEMBER though -- that letter should be typed with seal & stamp of the RTO. It should also carry your pp sized pic... it shouldn't be on 'cyclostyled' paper -- rather on a Letter Hd of the RTO.

Why am I writing this?
B'coz member Binny here came with excatly that type of doc & his A/Letter wasn't accepted... Ndls-Tilak Nagar RTO.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,
Someone I know got this letter recently from the RTA office in Dubai. However, all text (including the 'RTA' logo on the top) was printed out in Black & White on regular, 80 gram, A4 paper. The ONLY color on the page is the blue RTA rubber stamp and the signature of the counter staff. Based on your personal experience/opinion, do you feel that this will be fine? The reason I ask is because it looks like it was typed out at his house, not issued by the Government of Dubai on a proper (colored) letterhead that most of us are used to seeing.

Dubai Applicants, FYI: As of June 2011, the price is still AED 60/-. And in addition to one's Original Driver's License, the following documents are required to be submitted: Passport copy (with valid visa page) and Dubai DL copy for their records. The Passport Photo is pulled from the RTA database i.e. the same picture that was clicked by them on the date of license issue.

kazkaz

Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
dear Qorax i dont have any previous licence of my Home country, how to start from scrap, plz guide.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kazkaz said:
dear Qorax i dont have any previous licence of my Home country, how to start from scrap, plz guide.
Unfortunately that means you will have to the practice/waiting year which can however be cut down to 8 months if you join an approved driving school. You need to study the drivers handbook, take the written exam and get your G1 license (learners permit) and you should do that as soon as possible because that is when your 8 or 12 months are counted from. You may take a road test and get a G2 license when your waiting period is up.

You will find a list of approved driving schools here: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/approve.shtml

Information about the graduated drivers licensing system here: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/index.shtml

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lilmaple said:
Dear Qorax,
Someone I know got this letter recently from the RTA office in Dubai. However, all text (including the 'RTA' logo on the top) was printed out in Black & White on regular, 80 gram, A4 paper. The ONLY color on the page is the blue RTA rubber stamp and the signature of the counter staff. Based on your personal experience/opinion, do you feel that this will be fine? The reason I ask is because it looks like it was typed out at his house, not issued by the Government of Dubai on a proper (colored) letterhead that most of us are used to seeing.
That's perfectly fine... it's how we all got it & the Canadian D/License too [with that LOA].
Qorax

zicorico

Jun 27, 2007
Dear Qorax,

My brother just landed in toronto 2 months back,
he took his 3 years driving experience in uae ( abu dhabi )and show it there in ( brampton office)
they said that it should be more than 4 years to be accepted.and the 2 years driving driving experience is now useless.

i am very confused

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe it is just Brampton that is confused. Let him print out these pages: http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/exchangeoutprov.aspx and http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx and go there again and ask them why it says 24 months, which is 2 years, not 4.

lilmaple

Nov 26, 2010
Dear Qorax,
Please could you give contact details of the driving instructor that you used. I was unable to send you a PM (not sure why)

Thanks very much

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lilmaple said:
Dear Qorax,
Please could you give contact details of the driving instructor that you used. I was unable to send you a PM (not sure why)

Thanks very much
Where do u reside?
That guy is in Mississauga & probably only caters to the ppl of the surrounding... aka Mississauga, Brampton, Malton, Oakville etc.

Qorax

lilmaple

Nov 26, 2010
qorax said:
Where do u reside?
That guy is in Mississauga & probably only caters to the ppl of the surrounding... aka Mississauga, Brampton, Malton, Oakville etc.

Qorax
Oh, that's perfect. Please could you share his contact details.

Thank you

TechGo

Apr 13, 2011
Respected members
Is there any advantage of 2 years old UK learners licence or have to start from beginning?
Thanks in advance

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
TechGo said:
Respected members
Is there any advantage of 2 years old UK learners licence or have to start from beginning?
Thanks in advance
Depends where you are. I'm in Alberta and have had to take the Learners test but they have credited my with days for my UK licence so I don't have to wait a full year to take my class 5 test

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lilmaple said:
Oh, that's perfect. Please could you share his contact details.

Thank you
He goes by the name: "Singh" [no other first or last name]
His Cell No. is: +1-416-277-0065

Qorax

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax,

I used the letter with 5 years driving exp. I got from Abu Dhabi police to get a G1 license. They gave me 1 chance to take the exit test for G, but i am planning to take it next summer as I am again in Abu Dhabi for work. Is that ok?

I am very confident with my driving but If I fail the G exit test, I can take the G2 test without waiting period, right? But is there a limit of exit test for G2 if you fail like 3x?

Thanks...