Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CBI said:
Dear Qorax,

Thanks for the quick response as always.
REMEMBER though -- that letter should be typed with seal & stamp of the RTO. It should also carry your pp sized pic... it shouldn't be on 'cyclostyled' paper -- rather on a Letter Hd of the RTO.

Why am I writing this?
B'coz member Binny here came with excatly that type of doc & his A/Letter wasn't accepted... Ndls-Tilak Nagar RTO.

Qorax

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Most RTOs would have it on their system... Dubai RTA has [my case].
------------------------------------------------------------------
It's just a descriptive letter about our D/L & a statement that 'the dvr has no adverse reports on their system, didn't meet with any traffic violation/s from xyz to xyz dates'.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,

How about Abu Dhabi Traffic? Do they issue this kind of letter? I am aware that Dubai and Abu dhabi have different system. Can you send me a sample of the letter so I can show it to them if you dont mind?

Thank you!

GIBALA

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
19 Feb 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR on 24 June 2010
File Transfer...
24 Feb 2010
Med's Request
13 Jan 2011
Med's Done....
1 Feb 2011
Passport Req..
sent on 10 Feb 2011
qorax said:
1. That RTO 'authentication letter' is not just 'useful' - it's a MUST, if u desire to get the G1 or G D/L.
2. No amount of Ins. Letters is going to help u here, unless its one from the US.

Qorax
Thanks very much qorax for your prompt response....

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Qorax,

After long time I am writing you aseached Canada safely on 13th March and till then was not able to access Internet.
We are residing in Mississauga and still searching for Jobs. I am in IT and have more then 7 years of IT experience and in which 5 in Quality Testing.. Please guide me if there are any ways where we can contact for Jobs. AT this I am open for any Canadian Job experience.

Also I would like to know about my DL. It is in Hindi and how I can get translation in English here. In India we were not able to do that.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards

Meena

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
meena said:
Qorax,

After long time I am writing you aseached Canada safely on 13th March and till then was not able to access Internet.
We are residing in Mississauga and still searching for Jobs. I am in IT and have more then 7 years of IT experience and in which 5 in Quality Testing.. Please guide me if there are any ways where we can contact for Jobs. AT this I am open for any Canadian Job experience.

Also I would like to know about my DL. It is in Hindi and how I can get translation in English here. In India we were not able to do that.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards

Meena
Welcome Aboard Ma'am !

But, why couldn't u get that A/Letter in Eng? AFAIK all MTOs could draft those letters in Eng as well. anyway, take it to the Indian consulate here & get it translated... they'd put their seal & sign it... that'd suffice for DriveTestCanada.

For imdt jobs there r many placement consultants here [some pretty good] who could place u in a jiffy. If u could meet-up in any of our get-togethers u could meet one of them as well, who could help u with an imdt placement. Unfortunately I'm leaving for Dubai this month [30/3/11]... so our next meet would be sometime in May-11.

Good luck!

Qorax

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Thanks Qorax...

Yes I should have done this in India also but my DL was from Uttar Pradesh and I used to live in Delhi. Due to some circumstances it was not possible for me to get its translation from there. And in Delhi I was not known about these things.

Anyways I would go to Indian Consulate and wud take its translation. May I know how much time wud it take.

Also I would really appreciate if I would be part of any of your meetings. I am really waiting for that. By the time you come back from Dubai, if you can provide me any of the Consultants who can guide me in getting immediate jobs here. I would be thankful to you.

Thanks again for everything.

Meena

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
meena said:
Thanks Qorax...

Yes I should have done this in India also but my DL was from Uttar Pradesh and I used to live in Delhi. Due to some circumstances it was not possible for me to get its translation from there. And in Delhi I was not known about these things.

Anyways I would go to Indian Consulate and wud take its translation. May I know how much time wud it take.

Also I would really appreciate if I would be part of any of your meetings. I am really waiting for that. By the time you come back from Dubai, if you can provide me any of the Consultants who can guide me in getting immediate jobs here. I would be thankful to you.

Thanks again for everything.

Meena
Placement Consultants
U can meanwhile touchbase with some of these... if u r 'open' - they'd be able to assist u with some imdt postings...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/post-landing-list-of-placement-agencies-t52639.0.html

Qorax

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Thanks a lot...

Meena

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,

If I obtain an International Drivers License here in Abu Dhabi, would I be able to drive a car when I go back to Ontario and how many days I am able to use this license? Can I drive right away or there is a process that I have to go to the MTO to get a permission.

Please advise as I am planning to get an IDL, is it really worth to get one?

Thank you!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
suwail said:
Dear Qorax,

If I obtain an International Drivers License here in Abu Dhabi, would I be able to drive a car when I go back to Ontario and how many days I am able to use this license? Can I drive right away or there is a process that I have to go to the MTO to get a permission.

Please advise as I am planning to get an IDL, is it really worth to get one?

Thank you!
1. U can start driving from the a/port itself, after landing.
2. No addnl procedures required.
3. Remember, it's valid for 60 days from your landing [in Ontario].
4. And u can drive only a rental car.

Qorax

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
Qorax,

Do I need both the International Driving license & a letter of authentication to convert my Indian D/L to G2 license?

Regards
CBI

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CBI said:
Qorax,

Do I need both the International Driving license & a letter of authentication to convert my Indian D/L to G2 license?

Regards
CBI
No. only the A/Letter.
Qorax

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, for 2 to 3 months depending on which province you are going to. After that, you need a Canadian license.

TMSB said:
Can I use my full uk driving license in Canada

Regards
TMSB

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
qorax said:
No. only the A/Letter.
Qorax
Thanks Qorax for your quick response........