+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
vinmar eduj said:
Hello. Could you please enlighten me. Im here in Canada for more than one month and was issued a work permit under noc. 6471 - Visiting Homemaker, Housekeeper and other Buss. rel. Then i have a remarks/condition stated - Applicant is not under lcp nor are they eligible to apply PR for this program. Mind asking if it would affect when i want to apply PR after 2 years? Thanks for responding to this
It mean you are not a caregiver and you can not apply to become a permanent resident under any of the 3 PR streams for the caregivers. So sad but this is the bitter truth about your case.

vinmar eduj

Jan 22, 2016
But im in Noc 6471 caring under high medical needs including elderly. Yes im no longer a part of the LCP as far as i know they assessed caregiver as TFWP after Nov. 30, 2014. (New pathway)

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
vinmar eduj said:
But im in Noc 6471 caring under high medical needs including elderly. Yes im no longer a part of the LCP as far as i know they assessed caregiver as TFWP after Nov. 30, 2014. (New pathway)
Alright.

Itzshannyboo

Apr 16, 2015
egay_11 said:
Hi guys, I want to share my timeline. I only have my husband as a dependant.

Dec 18, 2015 - PR application sent ( Caring for people with high medical needs)
Dec 21, 2015 - Received by CIC
Dec 23, 2015 - In process
Dec 24, 2015 - Eligibilty letter
Jan 5, 2016 - Received letter of approval
Jan 14, 2016 - Interview (Vancouver)

I want to thank Funsho heritage, bokoks15, cass 77 and espasol for replying to my queries. This forum helped me a lot. God bless us all...//
Hi congratulations. What kind of question did they ask you in the interview?

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Itzshannyboo said:
Nothing special, they will only ask you to validate your personal information they have on file and if anything has changed between the time you applied till date. You will be told your responsibilities and privileges as a permanent resident of Canada and lastly, you will be told not to loose your confirmation of PR as there is no duplicate of course you will need your COPR for your pension at age 65.

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
Itzshannyboo said:
Thank you. Funsho heritage is right. Only simple yes/no questions about criminal charges, refusal of admission, and deportation.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
egay_11 said:
Thank you. Funsho heritage is right. Only simple yes/no questions about criminal charges, refusal of admission, and deportation.
Egay_11

How are you? My interview date is 3rd february in Winnipeg. Enjoy your day. Am glad to hear from you on this platform. The platform is very informative and I implore all to please keep the fire burning.

Thanks once again.

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
Funsho Heritage said:
Egay_11

How are you? My interview date is 3rd february in Winnipeg. Enjoy your day. Am glad to hear from you on this platform. The platform is very informative and I implore all to please keep the fire burning.

Thanks once again.
Hi Funsho heritage, I am good. I still have to wait for the PR card which will take around 3 months. With regard to my husband, they will return his passport with the visa 4 to 6 weeks after my confirmation. So we still have a little of waiting to do. Anyway, everything will be all worth it once we are already with our families.
Thank you again for all your help and I hope I could do the same for others. Good luck on Feb 3rd.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
egay_11 said:
Hi Funsho heritage, I am good. I still have to wait for the PR card which will take around 3 months. With regard to my husband, they will return his passport with the visa 4 to 6 weeks after my confirmation. So we still have a little of waiting to do. Anyway, everything will be all worth it once we are already with our families.
Thank you again for all your help and I hope I could do the same for others. Good luck on Feb 3rd.
Yeah. ebay_11

Thanks for your goodwill messages. PR card takes about 80 days to 100days. Except for traveling in and out of Canada, your COPR is a very good proof of your PR and both can be use interchangeably. Your hubby visa will come too just relax. The greatest hurdle is getting PR application eligibility and approval and once the stages are dealt with;all other things just fall in place.

RELAX !! RELAX !!!! RELAX !! RELAX !!!! RELAX !! RELAX !!!! RELAX !! RELAX !!!!

themapledreamer

Aug 6, 2015
wwwoww that was fast! congrats! what country are you from? and did you had medical?

egay_11 said:

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
themapledreamer said:
wwwoww that was fast! congrats! what country are you from? and did you had medical?
Upfront medicals, English test and Credential evaluation are requirements under express entry program.

Hope this helps?

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
themapledreamer said:
Thank you. I am from the Philippines. Yes, I did an upfront medical exam, same with my dependent.

tabznya

Jun 9, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
Thanks espasol and everyone out there for your best wishes. I received CIC email on Friday 18th, September 2015.

Firstly, you don't have to panic once you are sure that all documents are in order. Secondly, how fast you will get response i guess depends on the officer and how much files he/she have to deal with at a particular time. I could be wrong right? this is just guessing.

And to answer your question on UCI number , first UCI connotes unique Client Identification Number so the number is all yours for life, it never change.

Like in my case, I have lived in 2 countries before now and I have used my UCI number all the way for TRV , Work permit and PR application. The only thing that changes each time you apply for anything at all is the application number.

For my family members, they are required to undergo immigration examination pursuant to immigration and refugee Act. The means that despite concurrent inclusion of my family members names in my application, each person still have to submit their own generic immigration form IMM0008 and other forms. Also, I am from west Africa, Nigeria precisely, there are other possible screening applicable to different zone of the world.

As to how many dependents do I have? 4

Hope this helps?
Hi Funsho Heritage,
Congratulations on your PR approval. I always visit this forum to get a tip or two. You mentioned in one of your posts that your dependents were asked to submit their own IMM008 generic form. My husband is in Malaysia and Singapore office processes applications from Malaysia. He was asked to fill up the IMM008 along with other forms. And we even have to show proof of our relationship. I'm guessing it's Singapore's protocol to ask these even if we're not applying under the Family Sponsorship but instead under the Caring for Children pathway. My question is if he will fill up the Generic App form and put his name as applicant, how will he answer the *Program under which you are applying* portion? Will it still be economic, then caregiver program the same way I will fill it out? It's just that he will be the applicant this time with his other info? If that's the case, will he put my name in the Add dependant part of the form or not? We don't have kids. Im really confused. I hope to hear from you.
Posting your personal message just in case someone is on the same boat. Thank you so much for replying so fast!
I would have love that you asked this question the forum so that other people can benefit nonetheless, I will answer your question and please do not hesitate to seek clarification at anytime.

Firstly, It's grand law in Canadian immigration law that all applicants for permanent resident fill their Generic Immigration form and where they are over the age of 18 years, they are to fill additional forms namely Schedule A and family information forms. Hope that's is cleared?

Now for your spouse generic form, technically you are sponsoring him as a principal applicant but He will be applying under Family Category/stream and his category under this stream will be to select spouse.

According to you, you have no child at present so your husband is not your dependent by the terms of the immigration and refugee act. Hence, you have no dependent but a spouse.

So your hubby fill his form and supply your full name at the appropriate section for spouse, fill in the date of your marriage and that's it.

For showing proof of your relationship, I guess that should never be a problem if truly your marriage is genuine. Like i my case, I have been married for 14years and I was able to proof my case beyond reasonable doubt more than they requested; documents to show how my family have evolved over the years, proof of support and several documents for the kids.

Just proof your point with documents, like your marriage certificate, mail correspondence etc just anything that can be authenticated or validated.

Do have a great day. I hope this helps?

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
tabznya said:
Hi Funsho Heritage,
Congratulations on your PR approval. I always visit this forum to get a tip or two. You mentioned in one of your posts that your dependents were asked to submit their own IMM008 generic form. My husband is in Malaysia and Singapore office processes applications from Malaysia. He was asked to fill up the IMM008 along with other forms. And we even have to show proof of our relationship. I'm guessing it's Singapore's protocol to ask these even if we're not applying under the Family Sponsorship but instead under the Caring for Children pathway. My question is if he will fill up the Generic App form and put his name as applicant, how will he answer the *Program under which you are applying* portion? Will it still be economic, then caregiver program the same way I will fill it out? It's just that he will be the applicant this time with his other info? If that's the case, will he put my name in the Add dependant part of the form or not? We don't have kids. Im really confused. I hope to hear from you.
Posting your personal message just in case someone is on the same boat. Thank you so much for replying so fast!
I would have love that you asked this question the forum so that other people can benefit nonetheless, I will answer your question and please do not hesitate to seek clarification at anytime.

tabznya,

Thanks so much for your post hope this info benefit someone out there. Thank you once again for this post.
Firstly, It's grand law in Canadian immigration law that all applicants for permanent resident fill their Generic Immigration form and where they are over the age of 18 years, they are to fill additional forms namely Schedule A and family information forms. Hope that's is cleared?

Now for your spouse generic form, technically you are sponsoring him as a principal applicant but He will be applying under Family Category/stream and his category under this stream will be to select spouse.

According to you, you have no child at present so your husband is not your dependent by the terms of the immigration and refugee act. Hence, you have no dependent but a spouse.

So your hubby fill his form and supply your full name at the appropriate section for spouse, fill in the date of your marriage and that's it.

For showing proof of your relationship, I guess that should never be a problem if truly your marriage is genuine. Like in my case, I have been married for 14years and I was able to proof my case beyond reasonable doubt more than they requested; documents to show how my family has evolved over the years, proof of support and several documents for the kids.

Just proof your point with documents, like your marriage certificate, mail correspondence etc just anything that can be authenticated or validated.

Do have a great day. I hope this helps?

tabznya

Jun 9, 2015
Just to clarify, did you do the same for your spouse? Indicated him/her as the applicant, then chose Family Stream, then Spouse even if you were applying under the Caring for Children pathway like me? I would have never thought of that to be honest because from my understanding the Family Stream Category is only for Canadians and Permanent Residents sponsoring their family like spouse or kids. And I was thinking that as I am personally applying under the Economic Class, Caring for Children pathway, it might cause confusion on their end if I pick Family under the *program you are applying section. But if it worked for your application, I will definitely do the same.

also, did your spouse have to fill up the Sponsor Spouse questionnaire? if not what other forms was your spouse asked to submit?

Thanks.