+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

zeus89

Jan 27, 2020
Hi guys, does anyone knows how much time it would take to get the passport back in Vienna?
I need to get it back in 50 days.

Jeev2020

Feb 17, 2020
For inquiry i would rather send on this email.

Chandigarh-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
I emailed the High Commission in New Delhi, and followed up with a call yesterday morning - received the same response - "cannot divulge any details regarding your application"..."if you require your passports urgently, we (the High Commission/IRCC) can do so, but with no guarantee that your passport has been stamped"... "If you email/ call us, it may result in further delay of your application".

Express Entry Applicants (Family of 3)
Submitted passports at VFS New Delhi on 31st January
Processing began on 3rd February

samsamsam1

May 9, 2019
I emailed the High Commission in New Delhi, and followed up with a call yesterday morning - received the same response - "cannot divulge any details regarding your application"..."if you require your passports urgently, we (the High Commission/IRCC) can do so, but with no guarantee that your passport has been stamped"... "If you email/ call us, it may result in further delay of your application".

Express Entry Applicants (Family of 3)
Submitted passports at VFS New Delhi on 31st January
Processing began on 3rd February
Thanks for the detailed update on your status!

Tejasvi01

Feb 19, 2020
Here is my VFS timeline:

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 2020-02-13 for processing.

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at ChandigarhOC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center ChandigarhOC.

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx has been received at the ChandigarhOC VAC on 2020-02-14 and is on transit to the IRCC Office in ChandigarhOC ,for processing.

Visa application, tracking ID xxxxxxx is under process at the IRCC Office.

What's yourr VFS status?

What is your application timeline?
Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx has been received at the 2020-01-20 GMT Standard Time VAC on date and is on transit to the IRCC Office in ChandigarhOC ,for processing.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx has been received at the 2020-01-20 GMT Standard Time VAC on date and is on transit to the IRCC Office in ChandigarhOC ,for processing.

Do you have any old passport? If yes, did you try to submit the old passport and did vfs take it?

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
I didn't anticipate that it will take beyond 10-15 days ( based on the trends and what the vfs people said), so I booked my tickets for 16th March. It's been 10 days since I submitted my passport to the vfs and 9 days since it reached NDVO. I am now getting antsy because of the wait times. I really hope it doesn't take beyond 15 days or so. I think I am cutting it really close and in retrospect, I should have waited. Guess, there is nothing I can do now !!! Wish me luck!

Jeev2020

Feb 17, 2020
I didn't anticipate that it will take beyond 10-15 days ( based on the trends and what the vfs people said), so I booked my tickets for 16th March. It's been 10 days since I submitted my passport to the vfs and 9 days since it reached NDVO. I am now getting antsy because of the wait times. I really hope it doesn't take beyond 15 days or so. I think I am cutting it really close and in retrospect, I should have waited. Guess, there is nothing I can do now !!! Wish me luck!
Uff...can imagine. I need to be in the US on March 16 for an important assignment, and I can't apply for a US visa until the Canadian High Commission releases our passports (which have been under process since Feb 3).

Aug 16, 2019
Right now I received a message which says "your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC office, on 20/2/20 and is on transit to the Canada Visa application centre in CVO- New Delhi". What does this mean?. Anyone plz clarify

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Right now I received a message which says "your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC office, on 20/2/20 and is on transit to the Canada Visa application centre in CVO- New Delhi". What does this mean?. Anyone plz clarify
Your passport has been stamped and will be ready to pick up/delivered to you shortly.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Login online to your cic account and if it shows approved then it means you have got the visa. Sometimes that status updates the same day or maybe in next 3 to 4 days.