Tejasvi01

Feb 19, 2020
Alright guys! You have a winner :D
Jan 17 : Passport submit at VFS Chandigarh
Jan 20 : Application under process at IRCC
Waiting since then.

kaside1966

Feb 10, 2020
Is it possible to study English more than 6 months if an extension for a visitors visa is accepted? Thank you very much for the answers.

Tejasvi01

Feb 19, 2020
Did you try to get in touch with the consulate? Why is it taking so long? Usually I have sent from some posts from past year that it took 2 days to a week to get the visa.
Yes, I have e-mailed them thrice and have also submitted a request letter at VFS to expedite the processing.
They say that they cannot provide any information on call or in person.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chadgimmigration@international.gc.ca : only this one.

Mycic account says " your action is required" but it's nothing when you open it. It said the same when I received my PPR.
This is my cic account shows:

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
February 9, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What does your's show?

Did you receive any reply from the immigration (Canada IRCC)?

Tejasvi01

Feb 19, 2020
Same as yours. The only additional thing it says is.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Same as yours. The only additional thing it says is.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete
Same here.

Last year the visa's were issued within 3 days to a week. Now they are taking longer time.

Even though the request is to submit the passport to visa office in delhi but the visa's are stamped in chandigarh.

Tejasvi01

Feb 19, 2020
Same here.

Last year the visa's were issued within 3 days to a week. Now they are taking longer time.

Even though the request is to submit the passport to visa office in delhi but the visa's are stamped in chandigarh.

Nothing.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Here is my VFS timeline:

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 2020-02-13 for processing.

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at ChandigarhOC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center ChandigarhOC.

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx has been received at the ChandigarhOC VAC on 2020-02-14 and is on transit to the IRCC Office in ChandigarhOC ,for processing.

Visa application, tracking ID xxxxxxx is under process at the IRCC Office.

What's yourr VFS status?

What is your application timeline?

Last edited: