+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

adhillon88

Dec 3, 2019
Visa Office......
New delhi
Its seems like we share same timeline
I submitted my passport on 7 feb at ahmedabad vfs and reached ndvo on 10 and start processing on same day and still nothing tracking shows its being processed at newdelhi . I am worried now :(
Not sure what’s taking them so long. People who submitted them to Ottawa, have already received theirs back.
My parents submitted them via VFS CHD and still waiting

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Any one got passport back with visa stamp and extended medical. My medical is expiring on 22nd April and I have to serve Two Months Notice to my Company. I have submitted My Passoprt on 10th February at Mumbai VFS and started Processing on 12th february at NDVO.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi everyone,

Was just reading the timelines of each cases and getting little worried that what is IRCC New Delhi upto.

I am inland primary applicant and have got my PR on 3rd Feb, 2020 post which we submitted my wifes passport on 4th February, 2020 at VFS Mumbai.

It reached New Delhi IRCC on 6th February, 2020 and it still shows under processing.

We were told we will get the passport back in 10 calendar days but its been 20 days today and no signs of getting the passport back.

I tried emailing & raising a web form to New Delhi but no luck.

Is this normal?

Does anyone know the tentative timeline to expect it back?

Please & thank you.

samsamsam1

May 9, 2019
Hi everyone,

Was just reading the timelines of each cases and getting little worried that what is IRCC New Delhi upto.

I am inland primary applicant and have got my PR on 3rd Feb, 2020 post which we submitted my wifes passport on 4th February, 2020 at VFS Mumbai.

It reached New Delhi IRCC on 6th February, 2020 and it still shows under processing.

We were told we will get the passport back in 10 calendar days but its been 20 days today and no signs of getting the passport back.

Is this normal?

Please & thank you.
Given that people who submittted it on 28 Jan are waiting... I would put 20 calendar days or more to get your passport back, given the current trends.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hi everyone,

Is this normal?

Please & thank you.
Most of the applications are processed within 15-20 days as per recent trends at NDVO . Some applications may take more than that nothing to worry about. Just take a look at December people they had to wait for more than a month to get their passports back ... So you are within the time frame.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Hi everyone,

Is this normal?

Please & thank you.

Everyone is having delays. Most people on this thread got PPRs late Jan and submitted ASAP are waiting without any updates. NDVO is also unresponsive for most part.

I had to submit in India despite applying from US and seeing others getting their passport back from Ottawa and completing landing already is just annoying.

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
Everyone is having delays. Most people on this thread got PPRs late Jan and submitted ASAP are waiting without any updates. NDVO is also unresponsive for most part.

I had to submit in India despite applying from US and seeing others getting their passport back from Ottawa and completing landing already is just annoying.
I feel ya and I am in the same boat (could have gotten it done in the US, instead I opted it for Delhi) and I have my tickets booked for the 16th of March. I am trying to be hopeful and whatnot, but I am seriously worried that I may not get my passport by then. I really miscalculated the "strong and confident" reply from the VFS person who said it would take 10 days and I thought I should give myself some more time ( so booked tickets middle of march) and I submitted my passport on 10th Feb, hoping that I may get it by 10 days. It's 14 days ( I know some have been waiting for 20+ days). Really makes me wonder, what is NDVO doing!!

samsamsam1

May 9, 2019

It is very frustrating, processing an application and taking its time is fine, but having your passport stuck for this long is just very difficult. My current employer requires me to travel something, and this has just long delay has caused trouble with my work as I had to cancel an important business trips today.
Hope they get back to us soon...

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
It is very frustrating, processing an application and taking its time is fine, but having your passport stuck for this long is just very difficult. My current employer requires me to travel something, and this has just long delay has caused trouble with my work as I had to cancel an important business trips today.
Hope they get back to us soon...
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully we will receive some good news this week!

In the word's of whiterose (Mr.Robot) : " If there's one way to disrupt a man's plans, it is to destabilize his timeline. "

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
I feel ya and I am in the same boat (could have gotten it done in the US, instead I opted it for Delhi) and I have my tickets booked for the 16th of March. I am trying to be hopeful and whatnot, but I am seriously worried that I may not get my passport by then. I really miscalculated the "strong and confident" reply from the VFS person who said it would take 10 days and I thought I should give myself some more time ( so booked tickets middle of march) and I submitted my passport on 10th Feb, hoping that I may get it by 10 days. It's 14 days ( I know some have been waiting for 20+ days). Really makes me wonder, what is NDVO doing!!
OMG you are so much braver than me. I plan to land soon too, and I just hate being anxious so I decided to wait for my passport to book my flight tickets. Now they are just getting more and more expensive!! I don't know which of us has it worse LOL.

I have a feeling it will happen this week or next. I too went with the 10 days (worst case 15 days) expectation. Guess NDVO is just inundated at the moment?! :rolleyes: