+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many people want to give up?

B

boyee6576

It seems for me and my husband we have been going through this forever. We knew the process would be difficult and we had alot of strikes against us, but we were not going to give each other up for anything. I didnt think it would be this hard and have to go through the things we did. I must say, this process really shows how strong your love is, it will either do you in or bring you to the brink of it. I am mentally exhausted from all of this. We had to go through an appeal this year and we won and we did all the re-do of documents and the like and now waiting for them to ask for his passport. I am just so mentally down. I know I am pretty close to the end but its all taken a tole. I dont know how I will stand this if they take months to do the security checks. Its like those old movies of some guy out on the sahara and he is looking for water and he sees a pool of water and runs to it to find its mirage. The more he keeps running from on mirage to the next, the more exhausted he gets until he is crawling. I feel just like that. I am crawling with no energy left. I know that once my husband finally does arrive and I finally get to see my oasis, then I wont feel that agony anymore. I feel a bit scared that something is going to go wrong and we will have to start all over again. Some technicality or crap that will take everything from us and we will have to start over. For most of my life I was unhappy, and now that I am finally happy, sometimes I think I will see my husband and drop dead from the excitement or maybe shock that finally this nightmare will be over, and STILL wont have a life together. LOL I know it sounds foolish and maybe funny, but I have never truely been in love or happy before until I met my husband. The last time I saw him was a year ago. We cried and cried, vowing to each other no matter what we would fight to be together. Well we have and we are, but we are pretty ragged right now. I just hope that he gets the PPR and they dont delay stamping it. I am so ready for my life to be takin off hold. I am so tired of people asking me "when is your husband coming? Its taking so long maybe they found something wrong and he has a criminal record?" I hate that! This is my favorite. "You have never lived together so you should be used of it. " Its not just the process that gets to you, its the crappy questions from noisy people.

Boy I sound nasty, LOL I am sorry for being such a downer but just have to get it off my chest. No one but those here can even begin to understand how I feel. I guess this is my group therapy ...

Hi my name is boyee and I am a tired of this immigration process. ;D

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
boyee6576 said:
I am so tired of people asking me "when is your husband coming? Its taking so long maybe they found something wrong and he has a criminal record?" I hate that! This is my favorite. "You have never lived together so you should be used of it. " Its not just the process that gets to you, its the crappy questions from noisy people.
Sometimes the questions make me want to poke my eyes out in frustration.... I mean seriously.... I am living in my parents house and every couple of days they ask me if I have heard anything... ARE THEY KIDDING? Would I really keep ANY new information to myself? I figure it would go like this:

Mum: Any news today?

Me: Oh yeah, we got the visa last week but forgot to say something.... glad you brought it up because I might have forgotten to tell you that he was on his way!

DUH... DUH... and DOH! I want to hand out one of those signs the Blue Collar Comedy guy talks about.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
I get... "So you are just going to show up one day and say...hi, this is my husband?" I am like... DUH do I have a choice??...hahaha

Here's your sign...... :p :p :p

B

boyee6576

OHHH YESSS I so know what you mean!!! I get the same question from my mother. Every day, did you hear anything yet? Are you sure? LOL I said to her one day, if he got the visa people in India would hear my scream. If you see me doing back flips down your street then you know he got it. Well maybe not back flips I got a bad back an all LOL :D .. I feel like I am pounding my head against a wall. I remember my parents saying to me. "Why is it taking so long? I thought you won your appeal? Why are they taking so long, I thought you said he would be here soon, how come he is not here?" and the list goes on and on and on, until your ears feel like they will bleed. I explain things but still the same questions come. And if they see something on the news about India, then its worse. For instance, there have been some worries about attacks and here a few days ago delhi was on alert. Mum said to me "he has to get out of india before he gets killed there". I said mum he doesnt live in delhi he lives in Pune. Thats not even close. I find myself trying to console her when I am the one that could use the pick me up LOL.. We need an icon here showing the little smiley dude beating his head on a brick wall lol I love my parents dont get me wrong, but I am already stressed enough without such questions.

I am thinking of haveing my answering machine say, .. NO there is no news today if you would like to talk about anything other than immigration, or why my husband is not here yet, please leave a message after the peep. LOL

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
boyee6576 said:
I am thinking of haveing my answering machine say, .. NO there is no news today if you would like to talk about anything other than immigration, or why my husband is not here yet, please leave a message after the peep. LOL
I like this Idea my family always asking me , and my friend too.

Tallen

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2010
AOR Received.
14/06/2010
File Transfer...
29/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/04/2010
Passport Req..
26/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/2011
LANDED..........
29/11/2011
LOl "heatherusa" I get that ALL the time too, today I am eating lunch and everyone is asked me "So any news, when is she comming" lol. Every morning at one client I get the "Anything hapining yet, any news" lol.. They all wish to meat the woman that captured my heart so... but yeh I hear you being asked all the time gets a bit much lol.

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
You guys are too funny. I get the craziest comments/questions, too.

"It must be so hard..." (UNDERSTATEMENT OF MY LIFE!)
"When is he coming?" (Everyone asks this.)
"How long will it take?" (Exactly 4 months, 21 days and 57 minutes! Seriously? I have no idea!)
"What if he's refused?" (He won't be, and if he did I would spontaneously combust.)

???

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Any news?" - your mum

"Yes, the Queen stopped by for a visit, but you missed her because you were looking into Will's visa. Here's your sign.." - you

heatherusa said:
Sometimes the questions make me want to poke my eyes out in frustration.... I mean seriously.... I am living in my parents house and every couple of days they ask me if I have heard anything... ARE THEY KIDDING? Would I really keep ANY new information to myself? I figure it would go like this:

Mum: Any news today?

Me: Oh yeah, we got the visa last week but forgot to say something.... glad you brought it up because I might have forgotten to tell you that he was on his way!

DUH... DUH... and DOH! I want to hand out one of those signs the Blue Collar Comedy guy talks about.

B

boyee6576

"What if he's refused?" (He won't be, and if he did I would spontaneously combust.)

ROFL.. yah I got that one too. I said if we lost the appeal I was packing and heading off to India, and my mum said .. lol NO your NOT! I am 45 years old and she is alot shorter than me, I know I could take her if I had to LOL. ;)

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
wmaitner said:
"Any news?" - your mum

"Yes, the Queen stopped by for a visit, but you missed her because you were looking into Will's visa. Here's your sign.." - you
We really need that rolling on the floor laughing smiley :D ;D :p :-*

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
giggles1985 said:
I agree, the US immigration process is just as hard if not harder. Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything... just saying this is pretty standard for most countries.
We aren't through it yet, but the US process still gives family reunification precedence. You can go into it asking for expedited service based on several factors that here, you have to await rejection to appeal for.

The US process is simpler, an although maybe more harsh, it is faster. Whether you are accepted or rejected, if it's an immediate family based application you don't have to wait years to find out.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
boyee6576 said:
please leave a message after the peep. LOL
OMG>.. I am so stressed that the thread has me giggling like a fool... when I read the word "peep" all I could think of was saying on my answering machine message "leave a message after the peep" and then having a chicken make a "peep" sound ..... ( I know what you meant but the word peep just set me to giggling)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
AngelB said:
PMSL.... I am thinking of my poor paramedic friend who would have to come in and clean that up... hahahahahaha

Justincase

Jul 30, 2010
I do understand where you coming from .. I've been away from my family for about 8 yrs , wasn't able to go back to Pakistan for 17 years , now just waiting to do so .. 10 yrs in US and over 7 here .. missed all of my 3 siblings wedding and none of my family members were able to attend my wedding .. not to mention all the other weddings I missed out on ..not being there when my niece and nephew were born .. not there when my best cousin friend passed away who i last saw 17 yrs ago ... also grandmother , uncles passed away ..
it is tough but you gota hang in there ...my patience paid off ...my struggle was after i came here by myself from US about 8 yrs ago at the age of 22 ..in US not being permanent resident didnt bother me alot since my family was with me .. anyway took a long time here but as i said it paid off ..i wish the same for you and everyone who is going through this ordeal.. so just hang in there buddy
good luck !!!

PS listen to Josh Groban - You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)
hope this helps !!! :D

www . youtube . com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU

B

boyee6576

LOL yah its strange when your so stressed out the simplest things make you laugh.

I guess in your case heatherusa your answering machine would say... leave a message after the cluck (since chickens cant peep), or maybe its a circus chicken and someone taught it to peep who knows. Right now I hear circus music in my head.

I am not on drugs I promise, just extremely tired. LOL