How many people want to give up?

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am tired of all the fighting. I am tired of the seperation. I am pissed that I missed my daughter's birthday. How many of you reach the end of your rope and want to just say *censored word* it all and give up? I honestly think that is the job of Immigration Canada. Push people to their breaking point and then give them one more big push. I am so frustrated and angry and just plain tired of it all. I don't want to deal with any of this any more. Tell me I'm not the only one.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Often enough that we know that giving up won't help with us being separated, or missed birthday's or anniversaries or life-threatening illness, it just means we don't win.

You aren't going to be less frustrated, and angry or tired if you give up. You will be more so, and more sad.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wmaitner said:
I am tired of all the fighting. I am tired of the seperation. I am pissed that I missed my daughter's birthday. How many of you reach the end of your rope and want to just say *censored word* it all and give up? I honestly think that is the job of Immigration Canada. Push people to their breaking point and then give them one more big push. I am so frustrated and angry and just plain tired of it all. I don't want to deal with any of this any more. Tell me I'm not the only one.
be patient it is key in this immigration game. each day we have fights between us and this is becaause big long distance kilometers. but if u truly loves him then this is just another challenge u have to face.

be strong.and do not let the evil overcome you.

u wil be fine.

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
It's hell.

My husband is my entire life. Being away from him literally devastates me. I am constantly frustrated and feeling needy, which I hate.

I wouldn't give up. Not for a second. I love that man more than anything on earth, and I couldn't give up if I tried. I'll hurt and I'll suffer until he's here, but damn it I'd rather die than let the world tear us apart. He is my heart and soul, and despite my pain, I couldn't imagine giving up.

My advice? I've got nothing solid for you, unfortunately. I can't even say I'm patient, because I am not. At all, much to my husband's frustration. It's the love between you and your partner that keeps you strong. Compromise and unique ways to be with your loved ones is really the only way I have been able to cope.

I do not want to give up.

Good luck, my friend. We're all suffering with you.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
AngelB said:
Compromise and unique ways to be with your loved ones is really the only way I have been able to cope.
Well said. And my husband is as romantic and unique with our relationship when we are apart as he is when we are together. We have both learned to compromise and it's made for one heck of a strong relationship!

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
There are two ways to interpret "give up". Did wmaitner ask if we wanted to give up on our relationships, or give up on Canada? Most replied with reaffirmations about their relationships, but what about Canada? Is it losing its lustre by displaying indifference toward applicants, and the inefficiency the Government tolerates in its embassy staffs?

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
toby said:
There are two ways to interpret "give up". Did wmaitner ask if we wanted to give up on our relationships, or give up on Canada? Most replied with reaffirmations about their relationships, but what about Canada? Is it losing its lustre by displaying indifference toward applicants, and the inefficiency the Government tolerates in its embassy staffs?
If you look at my 'timeline' you'll see that I'll be leaving Canada, but not my partner. But Toby, please note that leaving Canada to reunite a family -in most instance- still creates very similar issues, timelines and frustrations.

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
Every day I wish I could just pack up mine and my children's lives and head for Brazil. I spend every minute of every day thinking of him and missing him so much it hurts to breathe. This is the most difficult time in our lives, but I know it is only temporary, thank god.

brownsuga

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2010
Doc's Request.
03-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-11- 2010
File Transfer...
10-08-2010
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2011
LANDED..........
14-03-2011
You are not the only one but as Cdagal said "its temporary". It is hard misssing your partner and milestones in the children's lives but this too shall pass.

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
Now that I think about it, when put in the other perspective, I realize that there have been a few times I've thought "why don't I just go to the U.S?". Those thoughts never went too far, since I love Canada SO much.

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Million others have the same feeling it is either they dont want to admit the suffering so they dont get weak in their endless waiting or because they see the light at the end when united with their families or may be it is not the way to win a battle.
I know how you feel but i dont know how much love you carry inside your heart to your family but i can feel your pain
i dont know how many birhtdays, aniversaries or celebrations you have missed when looking at some one else in your situation you know that you are not alone .
many of us here have families and childen and are not alone in this situation
life is not easy and we are all trying our best to be with our families but we should not get weak or disappointed
on these threads there are many frustrated being in the process and many others happy being at the end of process
put your thoughts together, concentrate on what part you are now you can also post your timeline and dont be afraid of sharing your timeline or to ask questions, you may need assistance in your papers or a lawyer to track your papers and correct any missing documents, try your best to prove every chance in your application that you want to be united with your family and all the best and remember you are not alone and it is not good to give up unless you know it is better where you are and this is what you want

cheers and have a wonderful day

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Cdagal said:
Every day I wish I could just pack up mine and my children's lives and head for Brazil. I spend every minute of every day thinking of him and missing him so much it hurts to breathe. This is the most difficult time in our lives, but I know it is only temporary, thank god.
I feel the same way at times...just want to quit my job, sell my house, pack it all in and go live with hubby. When I feel like that, I have to keep reminding myself that it's not in our best interest to do that right now. It is definitely difficult and lonely without your partner! Try to keep busy and looking toward the future. You're right, thank God it's only temporary!

Stay strong! you can and will get through this!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
wmaiter - sometimes I wonder if that is immigration's intention...to push relationships to the breaking point, see if they do actually break and if they don't, they are satisfied that it is genuine. There are so many people that have been waiting more than 1 year which is absolutely ridiculous! While I understand and am grateful they are trying to weed out the marriages of convenience, I don't agree with keeping families apart that long!

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
AngelB said:
Now that I think about it, when put in the other perspective, I realize that there have been a few times I've thought "why don't I just go to the U.S?". Those thoughts never went too far, since I love Canada SO much.
Neither of us is that patriotic. Both of us want to be together more than to be in a place.

It was a long process for me, I use to believe I'd never do it. The immigration process has opened my eyes and mind, and my heart, but that is the only thing I am grateful for CIC for.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This process was one of the most difficult challenges I've ever faced in my life. But here's the tidbit of hope. The pain fades. It really does. After you are reunited with your partner and get on with the business of life, you really do heal quickly from all of this. I liken it to childbirth. As difficult and awful as giving birth to my son was (I would scare pregnant women if I told that story), he was more than worth it and I would do it all over again for him. Obviously my relationship with my husband is different than with my child and marriage is hard work in a different way. But at least now we have the chance to deal with the day to day trials of marriage and relationships together.

Yes, I thought about giving up. The emotional toll was often too much to handle. The coldness of immigration hurt me. My lack of knowledge and education about the law opened my eyes in ways I had never imagined. But, more importantly, I understood that some things are worth fighting for and waiting for. I also realized that I made the choice to marry someone from a different country and I had to live with the consequences of that. Immigration red tape and struggles just happened to be the first of many consquences that we have had to overcome as a couple and there will be more. Marriage is like that, a new challenge everyday. Marry someone from a different culture, different religion, different part of the world and you add to your pile of challenges. Somedays, when my husband is getting on my last nerve, I think what the hell did I do this for? Luckily, those thoughts are few and far between and our marriage is getting stronger by the day.

So the pain fades my friends. And on the other side, some of the added benefits are you will be more patient, more knowledgeable about the law in your own country, more appreciative of your partner, more helpful, and more compassionate to the stuggles of others. And you will be humbled by the kindness of strangers who share their knowledge and experience so as to hopefully guide you and ease your own journey. It's hard to imagine that there are positives but there really are. Best of luck to all of you.