22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
canadianwoman said:
What have you heard about her? Or did you hear of her from me? That's who interviewed us.
I have no doubt your refusal was 100% because of her. She is a dirty, dirty IO. i have heard about her from you, and from others. For example, she interviewed a Naija husband in July. Based on her 'suspicions' she decided that he must have spent time in the US (maybe his accent, or demeanor?) and now has demanded an FBI certificate, which will take up to 4 months. She has requested it within 60 days. He has NEVER left Nigeria. She also thinks that his wife's child from a former marriage looks like him and wants his birth certificate. Also that the husband does not look his age, so wants his school records back to primary school. I think it's all bull*censored word*, and she just wants to string them along.

I honestly think it was luck of the draw for us, and that if he had KO it would have been a different outcome.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
This whole process has done in my self worth. I've never done anything wrong but I've felt like a criminal having to prove myself innocent. Even now that I have my PP request, I'm terrified that someone will call and say "Oh never mind, it's not over yet"! :(

Being an immigrant isn't easy either. I have a Masters in Secondary Education but I'm looking at bookstore jobs because the field is saturated and I'm not qualified in as many areas in Canada as I am in the US. I'm at home with my family now and my parents are so upset that I got that education 'for nothing' and that I gave it all up for a man.. :(

pauline regina

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Passport Req..
praying
VISA ISSUED...
praying more
LANDED..........
just hoping for the best...
Someone...PLEASE, what does "not available" on e-cas status mean??????????????

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pauline regina said:
Someone...PLEASE, what does "not available" on e-cas status mean??????????????
I wondered if you can call a CIC agent at this number 1 888 242 2100 to this out.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
well not available is not a bad thing.
it states that on my hubby's log in and he got approved.
it just means that the decision is not posted on the login
and you will get it first in the mail.

pauline regina

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Passport Req..
praying
VISA ISSUED...
praying more
LANDED..........
just hoping for the best...
Honeybird,
thanks for yr reply, this gives me hope!!!!! i HOPE so!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are all in the same boat, wish us all good luck !!!!!!

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
sbwv09 said:
I'm at home with my family now and my parents are so upset that I got that education 'for nothing' and that I gave it all up for a man.. :(
I doubt that it's actually "for nothing". I'm pretty sure that it will come in useful at some point, just not right now. :( In my case, I'm sure that my relationship was one of the factors that led to me dropping out of my PhD program after nearly 6 years of working on it. I tried to balance both, but I just didn't make it. That's a lot of work "for nothing" but I have to think that I've learned a lot in those 6 years and it has to be useful for something.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I know.. it's not as if I'd never get a good job again, and many jobs now require at least a Bachelors that didn't before. It's still hard though... it's hard for other people to understand.

I maintained my LD relationship through university and Grad school... it was tough, so I understand your situation completely.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
sbwv09 said:
This whole process has done in my self worth. I've never done anything wrong but I've felt like a criminal having to prove myself innocent. Even now that I have my PP request, I'm terrified that someone will call and say "Oh never mind, it's not over yet"! :(

Being an immigrant isn't easy either. I have a Masters in Secondary Education but I'm looking at bookstore jobs because the field is saturated and I'm not qualified in as many areas in Canada as I am in the US. I'm at home with my family now and my parents are so upset that I got that education 'for nothing' and that I gave it all up for a man.. :(

Do not be upset, Keep to applying every where one day someone will call, got entry level work, and you ll got promotions faster, trust me, I lived there and that what happened to me , Your education is worth and you ll see.
Find a connection, what I mean people at the same filed of you, find them, contact be a friend of them find a way to them, from there , Someone will find you also Job.
Yes it is hard but you ll find it is worth it after while.

Go to school yes back there and have any certificate closer to your filed it ll help a lot.

Hope you ll find something good soon ;D

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
i want to give up as well but have nno choice but to chase the immigration pepole :(

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK time out.

I just need to say something. I have said it before. The govt is meant to work for you and not against you. After all you all pay your taxes and do your own part. So it is not enough to give up or whine on this forum because it wont get you any where. That is why you have representatives and also why you vote. If you are not satisfied with the way Immigration Canada is treating you, pick up your phone and call your MP. Express your mind to them. If several MPs start getting calls like this, they will start to think about it. That is how laws are made and that is how laws are changed. They cant continue to make us suffer when they should be working for us. Goodluck forumites.

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alabaman said:
OK time out.

I just need to say something. I have said it before. The govt is meant to work for you and not against you. After all you all pay your taxes and do your own part. So it is not enough to give up or whine on this forum because it wont get you any where. That is why you have representatives and also why you vote. If you are not satisfied with the way Immigration Canada is treating you, pick up your phone and call your MP. Express your mind to them. If several MPs start getting calls like this, they will start to think about it. That is how laws are made and that is how laws are changed. They cant continue to make us suffer when they should be working for us. Goodluck forumites.
How does this help ease the pain that we here are going through? Separating families and causing hardship between spouses.

By the time laws are changed most of us will have passed through this stressful time. Besides it's not so much the law(s) but the process. A process the discriminates against Canadians marrying someone from another country.

This past weekend my spouse asked what I would do if I could not work and support my new (Canadian) family for the next six months (because of immigration)? I said that I would probably move back to the States with my son until I have PR immigration. She was very upset that I would move so far away. Later as I thought about it, I realized that I am so stressed by this process, that I am ready to move back to the States and start my live over yet again. :-\

I came here one year ago for one purpose, to be with the love of my life. Yet this process (of not being able to work and have legal status) has distanced us living in the same house much more than the 500 miles that previously separated us. :'(

S

SaugaBoss

i officially hate the Canadian Immigration Process :-\ why are they so unorganized already hard enough moving to a different country and they make it even harder :mad: :mad: :mad: hope my husband agrees to move to the US one day bc so far the canadian govt's process blows

sorry and no offence to anyone just madddddddddddddd

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
SaugaBoss said:
hope my husband agrees to move to the US one day bc so far the canadian govt's process blows
There's no guarantee that the U.S. govt. wouldn't make you just as mad. I have a U.S. friend who married a Canadian and she was not allowed to visit the U.S. for 2 or 3 years after the wedding. Sorry, I don't know the reasons, but I didn't think the whole situation was fair.

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
I agree, the US immigration process is just as hard if not harder. Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything... just saying this is pretty standard for most countries.