+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long takes to get a credential id of PR portal after you're approved for PR?

ChrisB182

Aug 16, 2023
Your consultant would be talking about Confirmation of Permanent Resident- CoPR portal (Link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login).
When the PR is at the last stage of approval, IRCC send an email requesting few details like UCI, email id, date when you first landed in Canada etc.
Once you reply to this email, IRCC creates a portal account and sends the credentials (user id, password) via email.
After which you are required to upload your photograph and mention your current Canadian address.
They issue you a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR) which can be downloaded using the PR portal.

Hope this helps!

Note: All of this happens for Candidates who are already in Canada as a Temporary Resident.
Thank you, this does help! Received my first email on the 14th of August, replied the same day. Now it's just the waiting game getting over the final hurdle

Mayhum

Star Member
Aug 28, 2023
Portal 1 : 4 August, reply next day
Portal 2 : 29 August early in the morning. Also
upload photo, Address and declaration today.
Ecopr : waiting
PR card : waiting
PO Montreal
You got the credentials or just a url which directed you to the portal and you were auto logged in there?

Tung Trinh

Jan 3, 2023
VO Montreal - so lenghthy process.
Credentials initiated for 3 out of 4 people of one application... what to do! Calling IRCC doesn't have an answer to this! Email doesn't work either... How come it was forgotten or on purpose? Any big ideas?

5augustus

Aug 29, 2023
I just received my link but it was initiated through a new VO (Etobicoke), instead of Montreal. This time it took an average of Just 1 hour;
Received 1st email from etobicoke - August 28th 2023
Replied - August 28th 2023 (45 mins later)
Received Portal Link - August 28th 2023 (20 mins after reply)

I had to contact IRCC to complaint that I haven't received my Portal Link after 1 month which was from Montreal.

Guaranteed Steps to speak to an IRCC agent
1 - Dial 1-888-242-2100
2 -Input your UCI
3 - Once the robot starts talking about ukraine and afghanistan; Immediately input the options ; 3,2,2,0
Great to hear that and congrats to u! but can you share more details on how to make a complaint to IRCC? I have received the first email on 28 Jul and my representative replied on 3 Aug (her fault!) and yet no feedback from IRCC at all.

Mayhum

Star Member
Aug 28, 2023
Same here. I got the 1st mail on 4 Aug, no confirmation from them but I followed up with a mail (better in French lol :) and got an answer that it was well received. I received the 2nd email on Saturday, Aug 26th...providing credentials for my dependents, but not me lol x2
Since, I haven’t received response for my first email, is it wise to write a second email confirming whether they have the required details? Also, writing that in French will help?

asonntag

Aug 20, 2023
Hi Everyone,
My timeline is First email on August 4, 2023. Replied the very day. Got no response (the automatic one), has everyone here got the response from IRCC stating we have received your information? I doubt, as I checked with someone in the same boat and they stated the same that they did not receive any email after they shared the asked information.

If IRCC has responded to your first email, may anyone please share that generic response.
did you received the email from IRRCC? I am still waiting my first answer was july 26

RDP.Ca

Aug 13, 2023
Sharing…
VO Montreal
Portal 1: August 4, replied the same day, no auto reply received.
Portal 2: August 26, Credential to log in and uploaded photo and confirmation here in Canada
ECOPR: August 28
Waiting for PR Card

Thank You

Reactions: asonntag

asonntag

Aug 20, 2023
Sharing…
VO Montreal
Portal 1: August 4, replied the same day, no auto reply received.
Portal 2: August 26, Credential to log in and uploaded photo and confirmation here in Canada
ECOPR: August 28
Waiting for PR Card

Thank You
thanks for sharing, I don't know what to do, I answered the email on July 26 and still waiting, did you send any other e-mail after august 4?