+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long takes to get a credential id of PR portal after you're approved for PR?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Do you think it is related to the status? Refugee will take more time ?
?? This discussion is under family sponsorship.
Timeline for different immigration stream maybe different.
Most memebers posted here are sponsored by their family memebers who are PRs/citizens.

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
Do you think it is related to the status? Refugee will take more time ?
I see the difference between visa offices (Montreal vs other locations). I am not so familiar with other types of applications unfortunately. Maybe someone who knows more will comment here

SarayKhan

Aug 19, 2023
My ti

My timeline:
First Email received July 26
PORTAL CREDENTIALS: No answering so far, my application have 5 people maybe this could be the reason for delay
Yes my application has 4 people, hope they reply quickly for us and you as well

AS_Canada

Aug 4, 2023
Could those of you who received the email with the link to the portal confirm that this is the address? https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

I called the call center and they told me that an email was sent to the portal which is from this https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en.
The address is correct. Once IRCC sends you the portal credentials, upload your photo and current address.
After few days, IRCC gives you a download option in the portal using which you can download your eCoPR.
PR card would take longer, anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months.
Hope this helps!

asonntag

Aug 20, 2023
Hello everyone, Sharing…
I know all of us is worried because it takes longer than others…
Portal 1: August 4
Portal 2: Today, Aug 27
Waiting for Ecopr
VO: Montreal
Good to know they are answering on Saturdays, What time was te email recieved?

Bittu2k

Aug 15, 2023
Portal 1 : 4 August, Reply next day
Portal 2 : still waiting (23 days gone)
Ecopr : -
Pr card : -
VO : Montreal

anujagurav

Aug 24, 2023
Hello everyone,

Today, I got a new email from IRCC with the subject line : PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Case Created Under Your Account which says "To view and action this case log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials."

Since there is no credential received, how should I proceed further after this email? Should I wait for the credentials ?

Thank you in advance!