+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

tiger_raj

Apr 23, 2013
anyone who received their passport since Feb 22.....mine is 15th Mar....I am in USA and is really concerned to stay without passport for such a long time.

aman1986

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
No idea hope for the best ... You know one of my friend waiting for 3 months and she email to them they replied that send your tracking number of mail that u sent us.....

polarbeargg

Mar 13, 2013
This is the email I sent to them,I used a different email, haven't got any reply:
"
When are you people going to return the passport we sent you for the permanent resident? You know how inconvenient for us right? I guess you just don't care. You have already jerked us around with your unbelievably slow processing time, but did you repent and beg for forgiveness? No, you didn't, you went on and created more backlog. How do you sleep at night? You know why I didn't give you my file number and the exact date? Because I know you motherfu ckers might revenge by putting my file at the end, and this is exactly what I can expect from you irresponsible, incompetent, useless, and shameless assholes.

Now tell me, what is going on in your office? Why do some people get it back in 2-3 weeks and I still haven't got it back? How long are you going to keep me waiting and where are our passports? How long can you legally hold our passports? "

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
My passports were received by cpp on March 4. I have not got them back yet. Now I am getting worried thinking whats going on. I have to travel to the UK next month to attend school and need to apply for student visa which takes one month in best case scenario. I have to have my passports now so that I can travel on time.

Needless to say I am very very frustrated with this delay.

MSB_Boparai

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
polarbeargg said:
This is the email I sent to them,I used a different email, haven't got any reply:
"
When are you people going to return the passport we sent you for the permanent resident? You know how inconvenient for us right? I guess you just don't care. You have already jerked us around with your unbelievably slow processing time, but did you repent and beg for forgiveness? No, you didn't, you went on and created more backlog. How do you sleep at night? You know why I didn't give you my file number and the exact date? Because I know you motherfu ckers might revenge by putting my file at the end, and this is exactly what I can expect from you irresponsible, incompetent, useless, and shameless assholes.

Now tell me, what is going on in your office? Why do some people get it back in 2-3 weeks and I still haven't got it back? How long are you going to keep me waiting and where are our passports? How long can you legally hold our passports? "
my friend we know you are angry and frustrated. but let me tell you they have all the time in this world to get back to you. they can't fasten the process but they can make sure no one writes this sort or email to them. they can't trace your passport, but yes they can trace your IP and computer mac address and put you in all sort of worries..... but they can't do a simple thing saying " we will make sure process goes faster and reply on time"

so be careful while writing such language as a formal piece of letter

singh_111

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbeargg said:
"

The person who is reading your emails is not the person responsible for delay in returning the passport. We do not know why there is delay and why they do not reply to the emails. The derogatory language will neither give you the peace or expedite the processing. It will just create frustration in the people who managing the email system in CIC. You could have shown your anger/frustration without using derogatory language.

My passport was with them for 8 weeks. I sent 3 well written emails and I got reply to all the emails. Ultimately, I did get the passport back.

whoopy_whale

May 4, 2012
polarbeargg said:
"

I really don't think using foul language is the way to go here. The people reading the emails wont be able to expedite the process of returning the passports. And with that language and tone, I don't expect them to be helpful either.

MSB_Boparai

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
singh_111 said:
The person who is reading your emails is not the person responsible for delay in returning the passport. We do not know why there is delay and why they do not reply to the emails. The derogatory language will neither give you the peace or expedite the processing. It will just create frustration in the people who managing the email system in CIC. You could have shown your anger/frustration without using derogatory language.

My passport was with them for 8 weeks. I sent 3 well written emails and I got reply to all the emails. Ultimately, I did get the passport back.
congrats Singh .. could you please tell what was the last email they sent to you? and after how many days of that email. you got ur passport

singh_111

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MSB_Boparai said:
congrats Singh .. could you please tell what was the last email they sent to you? and after how many days of that email. you got ur passport
In the last email, I told them it has been 8 weeks since I submitted the passport & I know many people who have got the passport back in 2-3 weeks.

They replied following -

"Our office has received your passport.

Your application is currently being processed. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required for your application. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum."

I got the passport back after 4 days.
In every communication with CIC you should mention all your details - name, passport number, client no, application no, date passport submitted etc.

MSB_Boparai

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
singh_111 said:
In the last email, I told them it has been 8 weeks since I submitted the passport & I know many people who have got the passport back in 2-3 weeks.

They replied following -

"Our office has received your passport.

Your application is currently being processed. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required for your application. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum."

I got the passport back after 4 days.
In every communication with CIC you should mention all your details - name, passport number, client no, application no, date passport submitted etc.

I write my name, UCI and application and DOB number. missed writing passport no on any of application.

Yesterday they said that my case will be set to priority and will be looked into soon.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Different question.
I just got my medical done in Mississauga last week. Can you tell time it takes to reach CIC?
Is the doctor obligated to tell us tracking no. or status?

I called docytor and admin said that call back after 3 to 4 weeks to check.

Last question: Does it take 3 to 4 weeks to send to CIC or doctor admin is just trying to avoid me and keep me calm

sai_murthy

Aug 2, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CCP-O
App. Filed.......
05-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-10.2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Interview........
Waivied
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
hs202 said:
Different question.
I just got my medical done in Mississauga last week. Can you tell time it takes to reach CIC?
Is the doctor obligated to tell us tracking no. or status?

I called docytor and admin said that call back after 3 to 4 weeks to check.

Last question: Does it take 3 to 4 weeks to send to CIC or doctor admin is just trying to avoid me and keep me calm
It takes 4 weeks.