+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it normally take to receive an answer from CIC after submitting the spouse sponsorship

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Thank you jeet07! We are completing requirements for inland application at the moment and hoping to be able to submit before my work permit expires in May. I’m hoping it wouldn’t be too late.
What if I won’t be able to receive AOR before my visa expires, do I have to leave Canada? Is there any way I could extend my stay or can I apply for student permit/visa while waiting for spousal sponsorship result in case employer’s lmia won’t be released in time?
Hi
You can apply for visa extension just to be on safe side . And then you will have a implied status.
You should apply Inland PR + open work permit. So that you receive AOR and work permit as well.
But in may send your visa extension file in case AOR doesn’t come u would have something.

grimshaw18

Mar 8, 2018
Hi
You can apply for visa extension just to be on safe side . And then you will have a implied status.
You should apply Inland PR + open work permit. So that you receive AOR and work permit as well.
But in may send your visa extension file in case AOR doesn’t come u would have something.
If the employer’s lmia arrives after my work permit expires, can I still use it?

Reactions: jeet07

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
If the employer’s lmia arrives after my work permit expires, can I still use it?
If your spousal open work permit comes in u can extend that u don’t need lmia. But if you want to use it u can u just need have a valid status at that moment to get lmia .

Bumble123

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I want to know how long is the current processing time for spousal sponsorship if the spouse is in USA but an Indian citizen?

jopullan

Jan 31, 2018
hi I already had my medical and schedule A sent by mail. do you have any idea what will be the next step?

rajni_negi85

Mar 27, 2018
Delhi
Visa Office......
Ndvo
App. Filed.......
09-11-2017
Doc's Request.
09-04-2018
Med's Request
09-04-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Hello Everyone

I am Rajni Negi and got married with my long time boyfriend in May 2017 in India. My (now) husband is a permanent resident in Canada so he left for Canada and I stays in India as I am working here. So he applied my spouse visa application in November 2017.

In January, 16 2018, we got a letter from CIC to submit some other documents to support my Spouse visa application. We have submitted the required list of documents in 14th February 2018.

Till today, we did not receive any response from CIC, my husband and me both keep checking their mails, inbox, junk items. But not receive any response and we don't have any application number to trace our file as we have applied a paper application.

Please help me how we can check whether my file is accepted or not.

luna897

May 4, 2018
Hi anybody let me know if your spouse have PR and you also living with her/him on visitor visa then can we apply for Open work permit plus PR file under spouse sponsorship ?

or

Suppose spouse have PR and you are living outside from Canada then you are eligible for Open work permit plus PR ?

Both case are treat as same or different .

Thanks in advance :)

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Hi anybody let me know if your spouse have PR and you also living with her/him on visitor visa then can we apply for Open work permit plus PR file under spouse sponsorship ?

or

Suppose spouse have PR and you are living outside from Canada then you are eligible for Open work permit plus PR ?

Both case are treat as same or different .

Thanks in advance :)
Outland (living outside Canada), you are not eligible for a work permit

Sarahh Khan

Jul 24, 2018
We sent our applications in July and didn't get an AOR until September. Have not had any update or request for anything additional. It sounds like yours is moving along which is great!
How much time it took you to receive AOR news? Mine 3.5 months now and still no updates

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
How much time it took you to receive AOR news? Mine 3.5 months now and still no updates
That is not normal. You need to call IRCC and see what has happened with your application

Sarahh Khan

Jul 24, 2018
What information would they require when I call them ?
There is no application number issued yet.
It's my name and what else

kennylord

Jun 8, 2017
No, the police checks are for applicants only.

Schedule A is for applicants only.

They are separate FYI.

Glossary: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

The sponsor must fill out and sign these forms:
The person being sponsored must fill out and sign these forms:
Please I need your advise.
I am living in Canada and just submitted my wife's application to sponsor her.
As the sponsor,I noticed that they are some forms that is the same with that of the applicant.
For instance the Application to Sponsor Sponsorhip Agreement form,are we to fill and sign two of these forms or just one?
I wait for your response.
Thanks.

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........