+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it normally take to receive an answer from CIC after submitting the spouse sponsorship

Dimamro

Nov 27, 2018
Hello, so my husband and I decided that we submit our application online, does it take less time for them to start processing our application than if we submit it by mail? Also, how many weeks does each take to start processing?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hello, so my husband and I decided that we submit our application online, does it take less time for them to start processing our application than if we submit it by mail? Also, how many weeks does each take to start processing?
You can't submit it online, it has to be by mail.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
it is everywhere that you can simply submit it online.
Please show me one place where it says you can submit a family class PR application online.

You can link it to an online account and follow its progress as well as upload any documents needed later on online, but you cannot initially send an application online. It has to be sent by mail, to the appropriate office and address, depending on the type of application. Then, once you get your AOR, you link the application to your online account and go from there.

This forum is full of people who have been through this and not of them has done anything but send the application in by mail.

Dimamro

Nov 27, 2018
You can phone them regarding your application.

No harm for extension of your visitor visa.
While applying PR and SOWP you have to maintain your legal status in Canada. I have been processing my 2nd extension visitor visa and a week later i got my SOWP so automatically my TRV processing cancelled.
I have a question regarding my visa extention. My husband is applying for sponsoring me, and my vsit visa is valid until August 1st. however, I still have 3 months till my first 6 months expire. Is it better to leave to the states for a coupla days and come bak to canada since my visa would still be valid till August? or is it better to extend my visa while inside canada?

Bernicetutu

Mar 27, 2019
It's been a year now my husband who is a Canadian permanent resident submitted our spousal sponsorship application with no response from CIC.. It's very frustrating we want to reapply again.. We did the Outland application

kennylord

Jun 8, 2017
It's been a year now my husband who is a Canadian permanent resident submitted our spousal sponsorship application with no response from CIC.. It's very frustrating we want to reapply again.. We did the Outland application
That's too long.
It takes atleast a month or 2 to acknowledge receiving the package.
Why don't you send an email or call CIC to make an inquiry.

Reactions: Bernicetutu

Bernicetutu

Mar 27, 2019
That's too long.
It takes atleast a month or 2 to acknowledge receiving the package.
Why don't you send an email or call CIC to make an inquiry.
Yes it has and its soo worrying.. My husband is thinking of us applying again and getting the services of a lawyer...

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
Hi! Im also wondering i havent received email from cic , may application was received march 4 up to now no email. I called cic and he said my application is not yet in the system. I sent inquiry and the reply was "we have verified your information but can confirm that your application is not yet in the system. Does it means they received my documents? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi! Im also wondering i havent received email from cic , may application was received march 4 up to now no email. I called cic and he said my application is not yet in the system. I sent inquiry and the reply was "we have verified your information but can confirm that your application is not yet in the system. Does it means they received my documents? Thanks
It takes 6-8 weeks to receive AOR. If you used tracking to send your applications you should know your application arrived. It is a long process with periods where you will not hear from CIC.

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
It takes 6-8 weeks to receive AOR. If you used tracking to send your applications you should know your application arrived. It is a long process with periods where you will not hear from CIC.
Thank you. Im just concern because some app received on the later dates received aor and mr and etc but mine still
On the limbo

Rajwi

Oct 10, 2019
Hi there I am Rajwinder Kaur just today delivered my package that I sent to IRCC in Nova Scotia Sydney canada could someone tell how we know that the application have received and processing time for AOR can someone help me please ?????

Rajwi

Oct 10, 2019
Hi there I just wanna ask when the package received by the IRCC when they will sent email that have received could someone help me?

Vincent KL

Jun 17, 2019
The courier delivered my application on 28 Jun, but I have not yet received any confirmation of receipt. (Almost four months now). Courier has shown that the pack has been signed for receipt. I have been monitoring the email (incl the junks). Do anyone have any experience? If I still hear nothing, what can I do?