+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it normally take to receive an answer from CIC after submitting the spouse sponsorship

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The courier delivered my application on 28 Jun, but I have not yet received any confirmation of receipt. (Almost four months now). Courier has shown that the pack has been signed for receipt. I have been monitoring the email (incl the junks). Do anyone have any experience? If I still hear nothing, what can I do?
Would wait until 4 months. 12 weeks seems to be common for AOR these days. If you don’t hear anything by the end of October I would call CIC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there I just wanna ask when the package received by the IRCC when they will sent email that have received could someone help me?
Did you include tracking to know that your package was received. If not you will have to wait 8-12 weeks on average for AOR.

Vincent KL

Jun 17, 2019
It has been a complete four months since my application was delivered at Sydney. I have tried searching on the online tools, but it seems they have not opened a case for mine. In limbo, I courier a letter to them today. Wish this would get me at least a email reply.

Shi111

Oct 25, 2019
This is my timeline below, it took almost 2months for AOR but only 6mons and 1 week for final approval of PR.

Timeline:
Sponsorship + PR application received: April 26th, 2019
Acknowledgement of receipt: June 22, 2019
Started processing sponsorship application: June 21, 2019
Medical request: Aug 22, 2019
Medical completed: Sep 6, 2019
Medical results received: No update on what day that was, just says they were received, approx. 1 week after I did the tests
Started processing PR application: Oct 19, 2019
Approval in principal/ sponsor eligibility approval: Oct 21, 2019
Decision Made (Sponsor application): Oct 21, 2019
Permanent Residency Approval: Nov 1, 2019 (Sat at 6:17am)
Landing interview: waiting on a call hopefully early next week.

Reactions: jerry22880

Shi111

Oct 25, 2019
It has been a complete four months since my application was delivered at Sydney. I have tried searching on the online tools, but it seems they have not opened a case for mine. In limbo, I courier a letter to them today. Wish this would get me at least a email reply.
That seems way too long! Nothing updated in the online system for you?! Hopefully they reply with info. You should check the tracker I posted above, it’s very helpful seeing everyone’s timelines

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Is this correct? If so that scares me. My lawyer told me that once you apply for your PR (I'm in Canada being sponsored by my husband) it's okay to let your visitor's visa run out because it's "implied status." I'm worried he was wrong. Any clarification from folks would be great. Thank you!
If you are in Canada, you are applying for permanent residency via Family Class Sponsorship. You are NOT currently being sponsored - your application is in process so your application could be turned down. Therefore do not let your visitor's visa run out. You will be found in default of your visa limitations and this may affect the decision for your permanent residency application.

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Who receives the first AOR email? Sponsor or the applicant?
The sponsor receives approval as a sponsor. Then the applicant's application is considered.

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Hi there I just wanna ask when the package received by the IRCC when they will sent email that have received could someone help me?
If you used a tracking number on the package, you can check online with the delivery service and they will show the package as received or not. You will not get an email saying that they have received your package. You will get an email eventually letting you know if the sponsor has been approved to sponsor the applicant. This could take several weeks to months depending on the office you sent your application to.

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
It's been a year now my husband who is a Canadian permanent resident submitted our spousal sponsorship application with no response from CIC.. It's very frustrating we want to reapply again.. We did the Outland application
That's very odd. Did your husband get approved as a sponsor? Normally you would get that first. Once that is approved, you will get an email saying so. Then you will hear no more until CIC wants something from you. When your file goes from Canada to the office representing your country, you will get an email notifying you of this. You can send an email to CIC asking them for an update on your file.

Holayide

Nov 15, 2019
Please I need someone to clarify me please, I have already my application to cic but my ielts got expired a month after submission am yet to receive AOR please won't they returned my application or do I need to retake ielts again

Mrunali

Dec 16, 2019
Hello
Need a small help. I was interviewd on 6th nov 2019 for open work permit but still on online status there's no update. And today its 16 dec. So please let me know how much time it would take? Or what am supposed to do?