+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it normally take to receive an answer from CIC after submitting the spouse sponsorship

Justin Suarez

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
I mailed our application here in Canada on June 27, they received it on June 29, i know because i was tracking the package via tracking number on the package. It has been 2 months now and I still haven't received anything. I have checked my mail, email, spam, and junk folders. Nothing. I've read that it takes around 6-8 weeks for an AOR, but nothing at all. We're getting worried. What else can i do right now? Call them?

Saanjh

Sep 20, 2018
My husband applied for my spouse visa on 20th June..we haven't received our file number yet......

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Our application was received by Sydney office on June 19th and transferred to CPC-Mississauga on aug 31st. and no AOR yet. We keep calling them every other day because we are worried and and only got temp. file number that starts with XF*****,they say it's still in process. Is there any other way we can ask for an update? Any advice would be appreciated. We keep checking ECAS but nothing there as well.

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Our application was received by Sydney office on June 19th and transferred to CPC-Mississauga on aug 31st. and no AOR yet. We keep calling them every other day because we are worried and and only got temp. file number that starts with XF*****,they say it's still in process. Is there any other way we can ask for an update? Any advice would be appreciated. We keep checking ECAS but nothing there as well.
How do you know it was transferred to Mississauga?

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Called them and agent on phone mentioned.
Are you an outland applicant and if so, where is the PA from? If you have temp file number try using it without the X to link on GCKey

Zainbutt67

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi there
I want to ask that my wife submitted my application already 11 weeks passed but till now didn't get any letter?

AvniG

Nov 30, 2018
Hi everyone ,

My husband who is a PR since July 2017 applied for my Spouse sponsorship in May 2018 . At the end of June 2018 we got an AoR mentioning they have received our application and towards the end of June 2018 , we got an application number for our file . Since then we have been waiting for a medical check up call but all that our online status on cic website shows is in process. Our legal representative at Canada checked with the GC key profile and all there that is my husband's background check going on . It has been over 6 months that we submitted our application but there is no progress made . We also applied for visitor's visa in mid Aug from Canada through our representative but even the status of the same shows nothing . It is strange as we have not gotten any mail regarding the rejection or grant of the visitor's either. But my husband and I are concerned about the PR process rather than the visitor's as of now . Can anyone please help or suggest in the regard ?

AvniG

Nov 30, 2018
Hi everyone ,

My husband who is a PR since July 2017 applied for my Spouse sponsorship in May 2018 . At the end of June 2018 we got an AoR mentioning they have received our application and towards the end of June 2018 , we got an application number for our file . Since then we have been waiting for a medical check up call but all that our online status on cic website shows is in process. Our legal representative at Canada checked with the GC key profile and all there that is my husband's background check going on . It has been over 6 months that we submitted our application but there is no progress made . We also applied for visitor's visa in mid Aug from Canada through our representative but even the status of the same shows nothing . It is strange as we have not gotten any mail regarding the rejection or grant of the visitor's either. But my husband and I are concerned about the PR process rather than the visitor's as of now . Can anyone please help or suggest in the regard ?

Any help / guidance please ?

Zainbutt67

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
I mailed our application here in Canada on June 27, they received it on June 29, i know because i was tracking the package via tracking number on the package. It has been 2 months now and I still haven't received anything. I have checked my mail, email, spam, and junk folders. Nothing. I've read that it takes around 6-8 weeks for an AOR, but nothing at all. We're getting worried. What else can i do right now? Call them?

argeltingle

Dec 5, 2018
Hi! Regarding this, My husband submitted our papers last September and until now we haven’t yet received any aor. What are we supposed to do?