+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it normally take to receive an answer from CIC after submitting the spouse sponsorship

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Yes, The Spouse Sponsorship is for the Permanent Residency (Family Sponsorship). But I don't remember if you should choose this option when you link your account or not. If we chose the wrong option, the system cannot find our application. Anyway, I could link my application when I followed the steps from the 2 threads that I shared to you in the previous comment. I hope it will help you to link your account successfully.

One more thing, Sponsor link account actually is not really important as it just shows you what CIC sent you.
But Applicant link account is important as you will receive all the requests and instruction letters for the next steps through that account.
Stay calm ok? Most of people here included me spent days to figure out how to link application to online account, so you can do it, just be patient.
Thank you Trinh! We'll keep at it tomorrow!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi!!! I Applied September 13th, and it has been more than 10 weeks and I still haven't received any letter!! What should I do?
Applied inland for the spouse sponsorship***
It is normal, some people get the 1st letter quite late. Just stay calm. You can refer more experience from other people on this thread which has lots of senior members:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2017-timeline-and-updates.468962/page-244#post-6527859

jopullan

Jan 31, 2018
hi please help.. we have submited our application October 17 2017 up until now I did not received any AOR..T.T

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
hi please help.. we have submited our application October 17 2017 up until now I did not received any AOR..T.T
AOR is a message with a PDF file in your account. did you check the messages section?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
yes... i checked my email inbox, spam msgs and trash/ bin.. my wife had sent it Inland Canada but I'm actually living outside ca
it's not in the email, it's inside your cic account

Abderrahim91

Nov 17, 2017
my application was received on the February the 1st.
I live in canada already , and i applied for Atlantic pilot program .
processing time is 6 months , is it after the AOR or since they received it.

i forgot to attached the returning shipping label , do you think they return my application or refuse it for these kind of mistakes ??

Last edited:

Bakkad

Oct 5, 2015
Hi ,I submitted application for spousal sponsorship by mail (Canada post) and it was delivered on 20 Jan 2018 but I have not received AOR so far. What should i do next?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi ,I submitted application for spousal sponsorship by mail (Canada post) and it was delivered on 20 Jan 2018 but I have not received AOR so far. What should i do next?
Wait longer, unfortunately. Have to be patient with this process.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Just be patience it takes 6-8 weeks to get AOR

grimshaw18

Mar 8, 2018
My TRV is expiring May 5 this year. My Canadian boyfriend and I got married in January and still in the process of completing requirements for spousal sponsorship. I am getting worried as my new employers haven’t received their LMIA yet that they have applied for almost a year now.
Any helpful advice from anyone of you guys will be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Reactions: jeet07

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
My TRV is expiring May 5 this year. My Canadian boyfriend and I got married in January and still in the process of completing requirements for spousal sponsorship. I am getting worried as my new employers haven’t received their LMIA yet that they have applied for almost a year now.
Any helpful advice from anyone of you guys will be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Hi,
Why don’t you apply for inland sponsorship application. Me and my boyfriend we were together since November 2015 . And I was on work permit before unfortunately My employer didn’t get lmia when I needed. My work permit expired and
after when I lost my status my employer got lmia but it was too late. Then me and my common law partner sent application inland. I advise u not to only wait for lmia it is my personal experience. It almost took my employer a year to get it approved. Before ur visa expires send your file in
that is the best option.

grimshaw18

Mar 8, 2018
Thank you jeet07! We are completing requirements for inland application at the moment and hoping to be able to submit before my work permit expires in May. I’m hoping it wouldn’t be too late.
What if I won’t be able to receive AOR before my visa expires, do I have to leave Canada? Is there any way I could extend my stay or can I apply for student permit/visa while waiting for spousal sponsorship result in case employer’s lmia won’t be released in time?