+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it normally take to receive an answer from CIC after submitting the spouse sponsorship

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
We submitted our inland spousal sponsorship app on Sep 5 and my husband got AOR as the principal applicant on Oct 31. Am I meant to get a letter as the sponsor as well? I've seen elsewhere that others get AOR for the PA and SP within a day or two of each other....

Reactions: KandyK

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
My inland sponsorship app was submitted on September 18, and I still haven't received an email. Is that normal? Has it ever taken more than 8 weeks for anyone?

I tried calling the CIC and, obviously, I can't get through to anyone. Only the phone automatic operator.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
We submitted our inland spousal sponsorship app on Sep 5 and my husband got AOR as the principal applicant on Oct 31. Am I meant to get a letter as the sponsor as well? I've seen elsewhere that others get AOR for the PA and SP within a day or two of each other....
Usually yes, not but always. CIC emails are notoriously glitchy. As long as your husband got AOR, don't worry about it.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
You can phone them regarding your application.

No harm for extension of your visitor visa.
While applying PR and SOWP you have to maintain your legal status in Canada. I have been processing my 2nd extension visitor visa and a week later i got my SOWP so automatically my TRV processing cancelled.
Oh really? I did apply to extend my visitor visa after 2 days since I sent my PR application in August 2017. Now I got CSQ and no email to say that I my application for extending visitor visa is automatically cancelled. Did you link your application of extending visitor visa to your online MyCIC?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
My inland sponsorship app was submitted on September 18, and I still haven't received an email. Is that normal? Has it ever taken more than 8 weeks for anyone?

I tried calling the CIC and, obviously, I can't get through to anyone. Only the phone automatic operator.
It is normal, no worries. I got AOR after 8 weeks. People said that normally it takes from 6 - 9 weeks.

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
It is normal, no worries. I got AOR after 8 weeks. People said that normally it takes from 6 - 9 weeks.
We just got the reply!! You're right, it took 9 weeks to get it :)

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
We received the email today and have just tried to link our UCI & Application Number to our online account and it keeps saying that they "cannot find our application" :( Anyone know why this might be happening? We verified the numbers and made sure the answers corresponded to our application!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
We received the email today and have just tried to link our UCI & Application Number to our online account and it keeps saying that they "cannot find our application" :( Anyone know why this might be happening? We verified the numbers and made sure the answers corresponded to our application!
It happened to us once when I tried to link my Open work permit application to MyCIC (online account). I'm trying to remember what happened to us and how we fixed the problem. Meanwhile, I recommend you to drop the question on this topic, there more senior members and quick responses here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2017-timeline-and-updates.468962/page-236#post-6521571

Another thing else that you should try is to use Internet Explorer to link the account is stead of Chrome or Fire Fox (I guess it comes from security system).

Reactions: vhst

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
It happened to us once when I tried to link my Open work permit application to MyCIC (online account). I'm trying to remember what happened to us and how we fixed the problem. Meanwhile, I recommend you to drop the question on this topic, there more senior members and quick responses here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2017-timeline-and-updates.468962/page-236#post-6521571

Another thing else that you should try is to use Internet Explorer to link the account is stead of Chrome or Fire Fox (I guess it comes from security system).
Awesome, I'll check it out. Thank you!

Reactions: Trinh

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
If it’s a spousal application in the “number of people in application” section make sure you submit 2. Also, if the applicant has applied in the past for another type of visa maybe try inputting single instead of married. That worked for us.

Reactions: vhst

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
If it’s a spousal application in the “number of people in application” section make sure you submit 2. Also, if the applicant has applied in the past for another type of visa maybe try inputting single instead of married. That worked for us.
Do you think that, since he is required to have a Travel Visa to enter Canada, he would be noted as Single? Or do you mean another type of visa as in work permit, etc.

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Ok... this might be a dumb question... The email that states us to "link the application" with the Applicant Number and the UCI, is that the AOR? Does that mean that the first 'step' is approved and we'll proceed with the other form requirements when we are asked to (ie. Schedule A, Medical Check, etc)?

Does that also give the implied status? (Reading all these forum threads are confusing me)