+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How I organized our applcation and a summary of all helpful tips I have learned

riz.hash

Star Member
May 28, 2012
hey ponga.

i have hundreds of pics.. but dont have as such phone record , mails are in my own language, facebook chat are too much 333pages for 4k...,, mails are from jan 2010 til jan 2011 only and they made up like 400 pages. what should i do..

can i like print pictures on paper a4 one and send them with few on photo paper .cuz it will be very expansive..

guide me please about proof of relationship thing.. i dont have phone record as such.

shadow_0716

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-JUN-14
AOR Received.
20-AUG-14 ->SA
File Transfer...
01-SEP-14
Med's Done....
11-MAY-14
Passport Req..
05-MAR-15 In Process......:22-JAN-15
VISA ISSUED...
CEM's call to inform option for PP delivery: 14-APR-15****DM: 16-APR-15***VOH:17-APR-15
LANDED..........
22-APR-2015
browntrout said:
very nice, but it specifically says in the guide notes that you shouldn't use any binders, paper clips or plastic folders...........look like you used about 2kg worth of gear :) hehe

I think you have to though, i initially used a lot of plastic and some binders, then at the end i read "don't use binders, paper clips or plastic folders" so i limited myself a bit, but still kept a bit, and some clips.

I would say, organize it in a nice way, don't use plastic as its bad for the nature, use paper clips, and paper binders to keep everything organized .
May I know from which form/guide you read the info about not using binders, paper clips or plastic folders?

Thank you

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Western Europe people, hear ye, hear ye!

I have a question. The western guide says get 8 immigration photos. It does not say anything about labelling them, which tells me I shouldn't.

Is this correct, what did you do, and did they say anything about it?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Graihn said:
Western Europe people, hear ye, hear ye!

I have a question. The western guide says get 8 immigration photos. It does not say anything about labelling them, which tells me I shouldn't.

Is this correct, what did you do, and did they say anything about it?
Just put them in and envelope and attach them to the form with a paper clip . Nothing needs to be written on the back . Good luck .

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
hi

can my husband (canadian citizen) send part one of sponsorship documents (sponsorship forms) separately from canada and pay its related fees, and after he will get approval for sponsor assessment , we send the parts 2,3 (person to be sponsored part and proof of relationship) from egypt and pay the remaining fees?

and if this possible, does this way takes shorter time in processing or not?

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
nona_nabil said:
hi

can my husband (canadian citizen) send part one of sponsorship documents (sponsorship forms) separately from canada and pay its related fees, and after he will get approval for sponsor assessment , we send the parts 2,3 (person to be sponsored part and proof of relationship) from egypt and pay the remaining fees?

and if this possible, does this way takes shorter time in processing or not?
No you can't submit part 1 and then wait for that to be approved in order to submit part 2 and 3. CIC will consider your application incomplete and send it back to you if you do that. You will be wasting time and money. You must submit part 1, 2 and 3 together. Please see the checklist that the CIC has put online:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf

All of these 3 parts need to be submitted TOGETHER.

Best of luck

regielou

Feb 5, 2014
just started reading this thread. very informative! kudos to pelipeli for the tips as well as the photos as shown on the first page.

CanadianWife

Aug 26, 2013
I really like this format and will be using it to help keep me organized. All though I am confused about one thing: I have lots of pictures, but they are mostly from trips ect. I was hoping to keep all pictures together in my own “Proof of Relationship envelope”.

However, for question #9, “...How your relationship developed...” Where I should be mentioning trips, should I be putting trip pictures here, in that folder too? Most of our pictures are from trips... and dates... So then I think it would be so big we wouldn’t have many proof of relationship photos! Basically I’m asking if I can just make a huge time line of photos... or do I have to separate some for when they specifically ask for photos?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
CanadianWife said:
I really like this format and will be using it to help keep me organized. All though I am confused about one thing: I have lots of pictures, but they are mostly from trips ect. I was hoping to keep all pictures together in my own “Proof of Relationship envelope”.

However, for question #9, “...How your relationship developed...” Where I should be mentioning trips, should I be putting trip pictures here, in that folder too? Most of our pictures are from trips... and dates... So then I think it would be so big we wouldn't have many proof of relationship photos! Basically I'm asking if I can just make a huge time line of photos... or do I have to separate some for when they specifically ask for photos?
In the essay you write about the development of your relationship, when you talk about trips or events shared with your sponsor, you can write for example "... and we went to the Bahamas and bla bla bla (see Proof of Relationship - Photos, and photo 12-14)"

You would numerate your photos. It makes it easier for them to follow your story

CanadianWife

Aug 26, 2013
Graihn said:
In the essay you write about the development of your relationship, when you talk about trips or events shared with your sponsor, you can write for example "... and we went to the Bahamas and bla bla bla (see Proof of Relationship - Photos, and photo 12-14)"

You would numerate your photos. It makes it easier for them to follow your story
Thank you so much! That makes sense. :D

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
CanadianWife said:
Thank you so much! That makes sense. :D
All of our photos were digital...Mrs JGM organized them as Word documents and categorized them as Visit One,Two,Three etc...and captioned each image..it worked for us !!
The sequence essentially followed our " story"..

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
JGM613 said:
All of our photos were digital...Mrs JGM organized them as Word documents and categorized them as Visit One,Two,Three etc...and captioned each image..it worked for us !!
The sequence essentially followed our " story"..
Did the same for communication. Organized by:
- before meeting IRL (email, Skype)
- during first ten day visit (explanation we were together 24/7 ence no documented communication)
- time apart for 3 weeks
- living together for 11 months ( phone bills, iMessages)
- apart for 4 months (Skype, email, phone bills)
- together for 13 months (phone bills, iMessages)

iNick89

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
13-12-2014
This is so great!

Thank you!!

Can anyone shed some light on which package / where we should include our testimonials and relationship essays? We have about 20 testimonials but not too sure where we should include them in the package!

Any help is appreciated :)

Nick

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
iNick89 said:
This is so great!

Thank you!!

Can anyone shed some light on which package / where we should include our testimonials and relationship essays? We have about 20 testimonials but not too sure where we should include them in the package!

Any help is appreciated :)

Nick
I put ours in the proof of relationship section. Make table of contents for each section and it will be easy for them to find each part of the relationship proof.

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
I have been looking for this!!! I saw this a month ago and wanted to go through it last night. But I couldn't remember the title of the thread when I attempted a search. T_T Good thing it popped up again!!

This time, I am going to bookmark this thread. =))