Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 7, 2014, app received per call in cic Oct. 8, 2014, app received per ecas Nov. 19, 2014, February 15, 2015 SA
File Transfer...
March 3, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
June 27, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
In Process April 30, 2015/ DM May 14, 2015/ VOH June 5, 2015
LANDED..........
August 1, 2015
wow this is so helpful. Thanks so much for posting this. I will definitely follow your tips. ;D :) ;)

browntrout

Apr 20, 2013
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong S.A.R
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Passport Req..
15-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
very nice, but it specifically says in the guide notes that you shouldn't use any binders, paper clips or plastic folders...........look like you used about 2kg worth of gear :) hehe

I think you have to though, i initially used a lot of plastic and some binders, then at the end i read "don't use binders, paper clips or plastic folders" so i limited myself a bit, but still kept a bit, and some clips.

I would say, organize it in a nice way, don't use plastic as its bad for the nature, use paper clips, and paper binders to keep everything organized .

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
pelipeli said:
and now reading through all that I have missed, wow! Thank you so much for the kind words. I wish everyone who are still in process the best of luck! Just always think that many others have done it so you can also!
And please, feel free to ask and answer questions here, I feel like I am going to need a little refresher on this for my brother's application for his wife so just post, post post away! :) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Appreciate your work! I too am very organized, but having something to benchmark makes the start-up much easier! (Applying in January)

How did you do when you had to list your activity for the last 10 years of your life (or from when u were 18)? There are only 5 spots to type in, and to avoid time frame gaps I need at least 12. Did you just type in a box "Please see document bla bla" and then just attached it as the next page, or at the end of the application forms?

It doesn't give clear advice in the guide on how to do that, usually it says "if insufficient space, use a separate sheet of paper"

Anyone else?

Graihnnnn

browntrout

Apr 20, 2013
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong S.A.R
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Passport Req..
15-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Graihn said:
Appreciate your work! I too am very organized, but having something to benchmark makes the start-up much easier! (Applying in January)

How did you do when you had to list your activity for the last 10 years of your life (or from when u were 18)? There are only 5 spots to type in, and to avoid time frame gaps I need at least 12. Did you just type in a box "Please see document bla bla" and then just attached it as the next page, or at the end of the application forms?

It doesn't give clear advice in the guide on how to do that, usually it says "if insufficient space, use a separate sheet of paper"

Anyone else?

Graihnnnn
what i ended up doing is created a word document (called appendix) and each question that "needed" extra space i wrote "See appendix" for instance. And then in the appendix file i would make a reference "IMM 2564 - question 6 supplement" for instance. I ended up having 2 appendix word documents in the end, one for the sponsor part and one for me.

This proved nice in another way also, as some questions i would answer to detailed, just to see that a few questions down a similar question that i had already answered before. Then i would just write on the form, please see blablabla.... in appendix.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
browntrout said:
what i ended up doing is created a word document (called appendix) and each question that "needed" extra space i wrote "See appendix" for instance. And then in the appendix file i would make a reference "IMM 2564 - question 6 supplement" for instance. I ended up having 2 appendix word documents in the end, one for the sponsor part and one for me.

This proved nice in another way also, as some questions i would answer to detailed, just to see that a few questions down a similar question that i had already answered before. Then i would just write on the form, please see blablabla.... in appendix.
Spanks!

I am using pelipelis "How I organized the application" for reference for my application. I find it really great to see how she/he put everything together, however, it is not specific to the applications.

When I am done my application I will use hers/his guide and add document specific pointers I have gathered from you users.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Graihn said:

Anyone else?

Graihnnnn
For each question that required more space to answer I added an extra sheet. I did this in Microsoft Word (any word processing program would do) because it made it easier to add a header to each sheet.

In the header, I had "Applicant Name: surname, initial. Date of birth: year-month-day". Exactly the same as the information automatically created on the forms. For each CIC form where I had a question needing more space to answer, I had one appendix. Because I worried about papers being lost/mislaid, I created a cover sheet for each appendix and put a table of contents on it.
For each answer, I labelled the separate sheet the way CIC says to do it - putting form number and question number, with the question itself written out. eg.
IMM 5669
Schedule A
Background/Declaration
Question 7, Education:
The table of contents on that appendix read, for example:
Appendix B

IMM 5669
Schedule A
Background/Declaration
Contents
Question 7, Education 1
Question 9, Membership or Association with Organisations 2
I didn't use any paper clips or staples in my application because there was no need. Every page had applicants name and date of birth so it was easy for them to find which application a paper belonged with. I printed labels with "Applicant Name: surname, initial. Date of birth: year-month-day" and stuck them onto every piece of evidence too. Each appendix had a table of contents so they could easily see if something had gone walkabout. Each extra answer page was numbered so they could easily see if there were any gaps. And I used post-it note tabs on which I'd written, "Appendix A", "Appendix B", etc.

Once I got started organising things this way the organisation was very quick. I hope this helps give you some ideas about how to organise your own application.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Catou said:
For each question that required more space to answer I added an extra sheet. I did this in Microsoft Word (any word processing program would do) because it made it easier to add a header to each sheet.

In the header, I had "Applicant Name: surname, initial. Date of birth: year-month-day". Exactly the same as the information automatically created on the forms. For each CIC form where I had a question needing more space to answer, I had one appendix. Because I worried about papers being lost/mislaid, I created a cover sheet for each appendix and put a table of contents on it.
For each answer, I labelled the separate sheet the way CIC says to do it - putting form number and question number, with the question itself written out. eg.
The table of contents on that appendix read, for example:
I didn't use any paper clips or staples in my application because there was no need. Every page had applicants name and date of birth so it was easy for them to find which application a paper belonged with. I printed labels with "Applicant Name: surname, initial. Date of birth: year-month-day" and stuck them onto every piece of evidence too. Each appendix had a table of contents so they could easily see if something had gone walkabout. Each extra answer page was numbered so they could easily see if there were any gaps. And I used post-it note tabs on which I'd written, "Appendix A", "Appendix B", etc.

Once I got started organising things this way the organisation was very quick. I hope this helps give you some ideas about how to organise your own application.
Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it, very informative!
I guess I will run to a printer place and get labels! I used glue to stick on things on my envelopes

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
4. Immigrant photos – do not attach on forms, put in small envelope and paperclip to the forms
- It is unclear whether to label 1 photo only among the 9, or label all the nine, so what I did is to provde two sets, one set with only one labeled photo fo the 9, and second set with all 9 photos labeled at the back. I provided an explanation for this, and told them to feel free to discard whchever set will not be used.

Whete does it say that we have to put name and dob ?? I sent in my application yesturday but didnt label it :(

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
pelipeli said:
Hi evryone! ;D
Ok, so we are finally finished with our application package. After months of compiling, laying out, filling out, printing, organizing, labelling, stressing, we are ready to send this baby.
I just thought I would share how I organized our application to help those who are just starting out (like me, a few months ago).
You are sooo perfect... & well organized. dont worry keep it on till you'll get through & will get your visa very soon good luck...!!!!!

Centaur

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Few observations -

Peli Peli - Excellent job - For documenting your practises, +1

Others - Each of us, could learn / borrow from practise adapted by others and arrive at a hybrid model to suit our own thought process. There is no perfect way of doing things. Find your own comfort factor.

Observe your country spcific plan, as detailed by CIC in their Guide. I suppose there could be some minor differences between some countries. Else, there need not be a country spcific guidelines.

I wish Good luck to all current applicants and prospects who are visiting to learn. Happy Festive Season !

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
maria a said:
4. Immigrant photos – do not attach on forms, put in small envelope and paperclip to the forms
- It is unclear whether to label 1 photo only among the 9, or label all the nine, so what I did is to provde two sets, one set with only one labeled photo fo the 9, and second set with all 9 photos labeled at the back. I provided an explanation for this, and told them to feel free to discard whchever set will not be used.

Whete does it say that we have to put name and dob ?? I sent in my application yesturday but didnt label it :(
CIC gives conflicting information about this. Some people send two sets of photos, one labeled and one not labeled, just in case but unless your country-specific guidelines say to label them then you have nothing to worry about.

riz.hash

Star Member
May 28, 2012
hey pelipeli,

how did u copy pasted the conversion of ur facebook?? i have like 10000 msgs on facebook chat but it gets stuck after like loading 4000 msgs...

i copied 4k msg and they were like 333 pages? isnt that too much .. what should i do.. i have record of mail from jan 2010 til jan 2011. then we switched to facebook. but facebook couldnt load more then 5000 msgs. should i give 333 pages of chat.?? help please

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riz.hash said:
hey pelipeli,

how did u copy pasted the conversion of ur facebook?? i have like 10000 msgs on facebook chat but it gets stuck after like loading 4000 msgs...

i copied 4k msg and they were like 333 pages? isnt that too much .. what should i do.. i have record of mail from jan 2010 til jan 2011. then we switched to facebook. but facebook couldnt load more then 5000 msgs. should i give 333 pages of chat.?? help please
As much as I can understand why you would want to submit EVERYTHING to prove your relationship is genuine...I DO NOT recommend sending 333 pages of FB messages or chat logs!! This is only one part of your relationship and unless you have 334 pictures, along with 500 pages of emails and 831 pages of text messages, just send enough to show various `stages' of your relationship.

Good luck!

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
browntrout said:
very nice, but it specifically says in the guide notes that you shouldn't use any binders, paper clips or plastic folders...........look like you used about 2kg worth of gear :) hehe

I think you have to though, i initially used a lot of plastic and some binders, then at the end i read "don't use binders, paper clips or plastic folders" so i limited myself a bit, but still kept a bit, and some clips.

I would say, organize it in a nice way, don't use plastic as its bad for the nature, use paper clips, and paper binders to keep everything organized .
Wow I wish I had read the instructions and this post before I stocked myself up with plastic folders and binders. I guess it won't hurt to use a bit, to separate different applications and use one plastic folder just to protect the papers from weather conditions, since anything can happen and the way over the Atlantic is long!