+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Thank You for your advice! Imm actually super worried right now . Shes coming alone with a newborn and doesnt speak the language.
By any chance , do you have the checklist of what she needs for landing? I kinda have an idea but i want to be 100% sure i got everything ready.
Sorry, I don't have a specific checklist, and everyone's situation is not same. As I know, a written quarantine plan is required.

Reactions: ericeric

MsBeat

Aug 5, 2020
May I know for the immigration application form, which mode of delivery is more preferable, by mail or courier to Nova Scotia? And if by Hongkongpost Speedpost, this is regarded by mail or courier? I am a bit confused.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May I know for the immigration application form, which mode of delivery is more preferable, by mail or courier to Nova Scotia? And if by Hongkongpost Speedpost, this is regarded by mail or courier? I am a bit confused.
Is HongKongpost Speedpost more reliable or less expensive than other couriers such as DHL, SF Express, Fedex or UPS?

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
My wife have arrive in Canada... Take 18 months... (more than the 12 months on the immigration Canada site).
Congratulation! The immigration application processing is really a long journey before reunion with your spouse. Hopefully I will end up my long journey as well within the coming six months.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Congratulation! The immigration application processing is really a long journey before reunion with your spouse. Hopefully I will end up my long journey as well within the coming six months.
Stay hopeful, stay healthy.
Many things are backed up at IRCC with their antiquated systems and the priorities have changed causing excessive delays for some.
Not organized, too much paperwork and I'm sure they don't want to make it easy to come to Canada.

Reactions: jerry22880

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Quick status update from my end - Decision Made for PA today (PGP-2019 stream) :cool:
Congratulation!!! Hopefully more good news hear in our thread. I received Bulletin 2 as same day as yours, but still waiting without any news. My application just started background check, as GCMS notes records, the previous visa officer totally stopped the background check process before. So bad...I still have to wait for more 6 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackhcd

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Congratulation!!! Hopefully more good news hear in our thread. I received Bulletin 2 as same day as yours, but still waiting without any news. My application just started background check, as GCMS notes records, the previous visa officer totally stopped the background check process before. So bad...I still have to wait for more 6 months.
Thank you for the warm regards! You are not far away from the good news and hopefully your background check is cleared soon - best of luck!

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
As GCMS notes records, background check just started in July 2020. Background check will be taken for six months to two years. That means I will only be able to reunion with my husband next year or maybe after two years. What will happen to a couple after two years not seeing each other in person? Sad... but I can not change the fact.

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
As GCMS notes records, background check just started in July 2020. Background check will be taken for six months to two years. That means I will only be able to reunion with my husband next year or maybe after two years. What will happen to a couple after two years not seeing each other in person? Sad... but I can not change the fact.
i am so sorry to hear that

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
The background check usually does not take that long unless you're referring to a security check? It also depends on who they are looking into regarding travel history, previous employment, etc. Not seeing each other for long period of time is definitely not good unfortunately the " state of affairs " is not helping matters. If you were able to visit that would help but there would be some risks/inconvenience with quarantine issues, expensive flights, and Covid testing.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
The background check usually does not take that long unless you're referring to a security check? It also depends on who they are looking into regarding travel history, previous employment, etc. Not seeing each other for long period of time is definitely not good unfortunately the " state of affairs " is not helping matters. If you were able to visit that would help but there would be some risks/inconvenience with quarantine issues, expensive flights, and Covid testing.
I think my application need to be security check. Because there is an item 'Security: Not Started' in the GCMS notes under assessments section. I searched in the forum that some people said if there is no need to security check, security item will be blank.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I think my application need to be security check. Because there is an item 'Security: Not Started' in the GCMS notes under assessments section. I searched in the forum that some people said if there is no need to security check, security item will be blank.
That's correct, Security will be blank (redacted) when it's underway or has completed.