+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
I think your parents' suggestion is reasonable. In fact, some applicants in Chinese wechat group have received passport request two days ago, and as I know, their decision made in ECAS was found on Sept 1 and Sept 2. Their applications are also processed by Hong Kong office.
Thank you - this is very helpful! I’ll continue to follow-up with HKVO closely to get PPR/COPR issued.

Reactions: jerry22880

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
After decision made in ECAS on last Friday, I have no more updates. How long do I need to wait from DM to passport request? My medical result will be expired within ten days. I'm worried about that whether they will cancel the decision made and send me a refusal letter.

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
After decision made in ECAS on last Friday, I have no more updates. How long do I need to wait from DM to passport request? My medical result will be expired within ten days. I'm worried about that whether they will cancel the decision made and send me a refusal letter.
Your case will certainly not be refused due to medical expiry. Before pandemic people will just be asked to redo medical exams. Though this might be a rumor recently I’ve heard that medical expiry for PR applicants are automatically extended (considering huge backlog with pandemic). No official announcement on IRCC website yet but I do hope this is being taken into consideration.

I do think your PPR may come at any time soon (average turnaround time being 7 calendar days). For my case it’s been over 4 weeks since decision made and still have not received PPR.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
It's was usually pretty fast (ours took 5 days) but things are not back to normal. Give it more time.
Don't worry about your medical it will likely be extended otherwise they will notify you to take it again.
You must be getting excited? Temperature in Guangzhou is 30 and here in the west it's only a smoky 15.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
It's was usually pretty fast (ours took 5 days) but things are not back to normal. Give it more time.
Don't worry about your medical it will likely be extended otherwise they will notify you to take it again.
You must be getting excited? Temperature in Guangzhou is 30 and here in the west it's only a smoky 15.
Thank you for sharing your timeline. I was very excited when I saw decision made. But now I'm worried again. My husband's younger sister said she doesn't feel getting ready for the winter every year. Hehe...

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Thank you for sharing your timeline. I was very excited when I saw decision made. But now I'm worried again. My husband's younger sister said she doesn't feel getting ready for the winter every year. Hehe...
By the way I just got off the phone with an IRCC agent regarding medical exam validity. When an officer finalizes the PR application he/she has two options: 1.) requesting for medical exam again; 2.) granting extension (unknown duration) and this is up to officer's own discretion. In your case given your medical expiry is coming soon I do have a good faith of officer making reasonable judgement by granting medical extension, especially now with pandemic. You'll find out as soon as your GCKey is updated as approved and/or receiving actual COPR.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
By the way I just got off the phone with an IRCC agent regarding medical exam validity. When an officer finalizes the PR application he/she has two options: 1.) requesting for medical exam again; 2.) granting extension (unknown duration) and this is up to officer's own discretion. In your case given your medical expiry is coming soon I do have a good faith of officer making reasonable judgement by granting medical extension, especially now with pandemic. You'll find out as soon as your GCKey is updated as approved and/or receiving actual COPR.
Thank you so much for sharing the useful information with me. I do wish the officer will grant the medical extension to us. Actually I have been checking with GCKey account several times a day. Crossed fingers!

Reactions: jackhcd

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Thank you so much for sharing the useful information with me. I do wish the officer will grant the medical extension to us. Actually I have been checking with GCKey account several times a day. Crossed fingers!
As a quick update, the application status has been reflected as "Approved" on the GCKey today. It'd odd that we've not received any PPR to date, and I'm assuming HKVO will mail out COPR directly.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
As a quick update, the application status has been reflected as "Approved" on the GCKey today. It'd odd that we've not received any PPR to date, and I'm assuming HKVO will mail out COPR directly.
Congratulations!!! I'm very happy to hear your good news! I think you're right, they may send you COPR first or both COPR and passport request simultaneously. The process has been disordered after the pandemic.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hey guys, I just received the passport request letter at noon today. I'm so excited and called my husband. Don't know whether he will get sleep tonight. He reminds me to read the letter several times to make sure I submitted all the required documents accurately.

boris_ycs

Sep 12, 2020
Hey guys, I just received the passport request letter at noon today. I'm so excited and called my husband. Don't know whether he will get sleep tonight. He reminds me to read the letter several times to make sure I submitted all the required documents accurately.
Hi, i read your timeline and the medical report will be expired very soon, did HKVO request you to do another medical exam?

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Congratulations!!!

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi, i read your timeline and the medical report will be expired very soon, did HKVO request you to do another medical exam?
Nope, they did not require me to have another medical exam. I received the notes which I ordered on Aug 31 this morning, and I saw the medical result valid date was extended to Mar 2021 on Sept 3.

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Nope, they did not require me to have another medical exam. I received the notes which I ordered on Aug 31 this morning, and I saw the medical result valid date was extended to Mar 2021 on Sept 3.
Thank you! I wish your parents will receive the passport request letter very soon.
Thank you!! That's a great news indeed and I'm glad your medical validity extension has been granted. You'll soon be able to reunite with your loved ones. :)