+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

el_0211

Jul 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi. New to this forum here. I am going to sponsor my partner (outland, common law). We are currently living in Macau. I just want to know, will his application get sent to HK VO? BTW, he is not a Macau resident, nor Chinese. He has been in Macau since 2015 (for postgrad studies), will his app be sent to his country of his passport or the country he currently resides in? Thanks.

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Hello, does anyone have any timeline for the HK PCC submitted to Sydney , Nova Scotia visa office?

I had mine delivered to IRCC Nova Scotia in mid August and there are no updates etc. How long do they normally take for uploading the PCC to the system for an officer to review?

Thanks in advance!

angelying1221

Sep 26, 2020
I’d sent my PCC on/about mid June and no response until I asked them via the webform on mid July, they told me they confirmed receipt and passed to the relevant officer to review. Hence I think you have to confirm this via webform.
And until that, there is no more update at all

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
I’d sent my PCC on/about mid June and no response until I asked them via the webform on mid July, they told me they confirmed receipt and passed to the relevant officer to review. Hence I think you have to confirm this via webform.
And until that, there is no more update at all
May I ask how you worded the webform?
----
I sent them a webform asking whether they received it and whether it has been uploaded to the system for officer review and they replied with this:
"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that only the proof you applied for the Hong Kong police certificate was received by the responsible office.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry"

-----
However, the tracking etc shows that it was delivered to IRCC. I have also uploaded proof of delivery etc via webform showing the tracking and signed delivery. I am thinking of asking them in 2-3 weeks again.

Thanks in advance!

angelying1221

Sep 26, 2020
***Quote my enquiry here
Enquiry:

Dear Mr/Ms Officer, I’ve sent out the CNCC and it’s been received on 15 June, 2020. Please kindly let me know if any problem.
(CNCC means PCC in Hong Kong)
And the comeback was similar as yours as I mentioned above!

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
***Quote my enquiry here
Enquiry:

Dear Mr/Ms Officer, I’ve sent out the CNCC and it’s been received on 15 June, 2020. Please kindly let me know if any problem.
(CNCC means PCC in Hong Kong)
And the comeback was similar as yours as I mentioned above!
Yeah, I am concerned that they mentioned that only proof you have applied has been passed to the officer but not mentioned that they have passed the PCC to the officer / uploaded in system.

Really wish they were a little more understanding in the questions being asked in the webform..

angelying1221

Sep 26, 2020
Yes, sometime they would misunderstanding our questions and it was not consistent between the info on the website and their feedback. I had some bad experience on the webform communication. But its no room to argue with them, just to follow what their way to do!
And the last feedback was stating they confirmed receipt my CNCC not the proof of application, so you have to further clarify this with them to get the proof that you submit the right document before the deadline if there is some argument about the processing time they committed, or to get the thing on the track prevent further delay, good luck!

boris_ycs

Sep 12, 2020
AOR1 : 16 Jan 2021
Approved sponsorship : 10 Feb
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: February 12, 2020
Moved to Mississauga 18 Feb

• February 21, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

CNCC Received : May 2020

DM : 22 Sep 2020
PPR: 24 Sep 2020

Passport copy submitted to local Visa Office : 28 Sep 2020

angelying1221

Sep 26, 2020
AOR1 : 16 Jan 2021
Approved sponsorship : 10 Feb
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: February 12, 2020
Moved to Mississauga 18 Feb

• February 21, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

CNCC Received : May 2020

DM : 22 Sep 2020
PPR: 24 Sep 2020

Passport copy submitted to local Visa Office : 28 Sep 2020
Congrats I’d like to know about the deadline for landing if they granted you the DM is 24 Sep? As my application details is similar as yours.

Cheers!!

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Happy to share that the COPRs arrived at my parents' mailbox today (via a regular airmail). Seems like HKVO skipped the passport request process. We noted that the documents were issued on September 15, just about a week before GCKey changing into "approved" status.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Happy to share that the COPRs arrived at my parents' mailbox today (via a regular airmail). Seems like HKVO skipped the passport request process. We noted that the documents were issued on September 15, just about a week before GCKey changing into "approved" status.
Congratulations!!! It seems the processing of each case is unique. I have received the passport request on Sept 24, and also have submitted on Sept 25. But there is no news after that. My GCkey account still shows that the application is in progress. I was wondering when I will be able to have COPR.

Reactions: jackhcd

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Congratulations!!! It seems the processing of each case is unique. I have received the passport request on Sept 24, and also have submitted on Sept 25. But there is no news after that. My GCkey account still shows that the application is in progress. I was wondering when I will be able to have COPR.
Thank you! Based on my experience you'll receive a system-generated email notifying your profile is updated. From then you'll see your application reflected as "approved". The physical COPR may arrive at any time in the next couple weeks through a regular airmail. One final step away from your good news!

Reactions: jerry22880

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
COPR will arrive soon..... Maybe just in time for a " virtual thanksgiving " ?
Don't rely too much on your GCKey account, ours was not updated.
No news is good news.

Reactions: jerry22880

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi all,

PGP-2019 HK-LVO sponsor here. Interestingly I saw the same background check status reversal (from "we are processing your background check..." to "your application is in process...") on MyCIC on July 14, followed by a pre-arrival service letter next day. Not too sure the significance of this reveral pattern but fingers crossed for DM/PPR.
My GCKey account is going through the same steps. Could you remember roughly how long did it take for it to change back to 'we are processing your background check'?

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
My GCKey account is going through the same steps. Could you remember roughly how long did it take for it to change back to 'we are processing your background check'?
In my case the status changed back to "we are processing your background check" 4 days after.

Reactions: mlei9569