+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ranabibi33

Mar 14, 2019
That's a long time.....The HK office is working on spousal applications.
May be some issues around your application? Have you contacted IRCC ?
Thank you for your reply. I did contact IRCC a few times, MP 3-4 times now (every 3 months), and even the Hong Kong VO (though no reply so far). IRCC webform response and MP both said that it's in security screen but I don't know why it's taking this long. It has been in security since around August 2019. The only reason I can think of for this delay is that the applicant has lived in 4 different countries (for studies purposes) including his country of birth but we provided all of the police clearance certificates etc.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thank you for your reply. I did contact IRCC a few times, MP 3-4 times now (every 3 months), and even the Hong Kong VO (though no reply so far). IRCC webform response and MP both said that it's in security screen but I don't know why it's taking this long. It has been in security since around August 2019. The only reason I can think of for this delay is that the applicant has lived in 4 different countries (for studies purposes) including his country of birth but we provided all of the police clearance certificates etc.
The security check will take a long time. You can always order the GCMS notes but i think you already have a good hunch.
Travelling to 4 " different " countries for studies along with all the Covid issues will definitely slow things down. Little surprised
the HK VO hasn't replied though they will tell you the same as what you already know.
All you can do now is wait. We are all waiting around here. Can't go anywhere now.:(

ranabibi33

Mar 14, 2019
The security check will take a long time. You can always order the GCMS notes but i think you already have a good hunch.
Travelling to 4 " different " countries for studies along with all the Covid issues will definitely slow things down. Little surprised
the HK VO hasn't replied though they will tell you the same as what you already know.
All you can do now is wait. We are all waiting around here. Can't go anywhere now.:(
Before covid, it took Hong Kong VO about 2 months to reply to my webform, so I think they might take longer to reply back to us. I haven't ordered GCMS, so that's something I'm gonna try to see if there is more info about the security check or some sort of a timeline for when it's due. But you are right: all we can do is wait.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Expect SS will take around 9 months.

ranabibi33

Mar 14, 2019
Expect SS will take around 9 months.
Hi,

I called them today and the agent was very helpful. He said that eligibility, criminality and medical are all passed though the medical is expired. All that is remaining is security which was last updated in August 2019. That's way more than 9 months but I suspect that it may not have been started at that point. I have ordered GCMS, CBSA and CSIS notes, so I hope I'll have more insight in a month or two.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hi,

I called them today and the agent was very helpful. He said that eligibility, criminality and medical are all passed though the medical is expired. All that is remaining is security which was last updated in August 2019. That's way more than 9 months but I suspect that it may not have been started at that point. I have ordered GCMS, CBSA and CSIS notes, so I hope I'll have more insight in a month or two.
Don't expect too much " insight " from all the notes.... Maybe just give you a big headache :rolleyes:
Good thing is you called and the agent will make a note of that and in the future they will probably require your spouse to re-do the medical
with some more recent photo's. ( That's ok ) Your application is being processed in HK now and it's just a waiting game while the SC takes place.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi,

60% of the applicants completed SS in 9 months but there are about 10% took more than 2 years. It is really case by case.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
What is that? And does everyone have it? Nine months from the application getting there? I have already got aor, bil, medical amd sa. So another nine months for them to.do this in Hk?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Steaky heres my timeline. I have no experience at this and always ask questions. Married almost five years. Lived together almost 6 years. No kids.
APP received in sydney june 24
aor dec 4
medical,bil, sa all received around mid jan
medical and biometrics passed.

File being sent to HK.
So I should expect minimum another 9 months?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
What is that? And does everyone have it? Nine months from the application getting there? I have already got aor, bil, medical amd sa. So another nine months for them to.do this in Hk?
Once your file is transferred to HK they will look at it in more detail especially relating to
the country specific items. The background check can go fast if there is no history or may
get caught up in a security check (SS) that can take an extra 9 months or longer.

If Your file has been transferred to HK then that's a step in the right direction....Now you wait.